Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex - Just received invoice

Options
  • 16-01-2009 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I know there are a few fedex threads going around but this is slightly different.

Before Christmas I ordered goods from America which were delivered via fedex.

I have now received an invoice from fedex for €70 to paid in relation to custom charges, vat and their own €10 admin fee. They did not supply me with a receipt which proves that they actually paid the vat and custom charges.

Where do I go from here? They've sent me a letter demanding payment within 5 working days.

Can I send them an e-mail requesting they send me proof that they have paid the vat and custom charges? I'm also annoyed that this invoice has come as I thought that once I signed for the goods that was the end of it, I presumed if I was going to be charged they would have given me the invoice on delivery.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH This is exactly the same as the other threads on the matter, consult them to see how people told Fed Ex to PFO as you didn't authorise them to pay anything for you and upon receipt of your goods the transaction is complete.

MC

Advertisement