Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV buy out Zavvi

Options
  • 16-01-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

Just posted on the Competition Authority's website. It will be subject to approval.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Good. Saves jobs and more music shops is a good thing, especially with Road closing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Big difference between HMV&Zavvi with the likes of Road.

Road have (had?) a great selection of Irish artists, HMV and such have a great (debatable?) selection of international artists. Don't know what Irish artists are going to do now, but that's talk for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Tower have a local section but it's not as good as Road's because Road would take everything from the big names to the one-off CD-R oddities. **** HMV and Zavvi. Vampire scum ****s.

They're necessary. I do like to buy CDs and smaller stocks wouldn't stock all the artists I like, so where else would I get them? Sound Cellar does have a pretty decent selection too but wouldn't have everything I could find in Tower or HMV. I don't know where the hell else I'll get smaller Irish releases now, I hope some shop will take up the same position as Road had.

• Advertisement
Advertisement