Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Front Wiper Motor

Options
  • 16-01-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

The front wiper motor is going in my 00 Astra and needs replacing. Been quotes €200 for a new one and €100 by a breakers yard in Donegal.

It seems pretty expensive especially as my uncle who works for a parts crowd said he only had one for a Vectra but it was €30! Anyone know where i could get one for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

30 Euro sounds a bit cheap for a wiper motor pump. Are you sure he has the right part??? I know the pumps/motors for the windscreen washers are around that price but not the actually motors for the windscreen wiper motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

75 or 80 lids in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Darragh29 wrote: »
    30 Euro sounds a bit cheap for a wiper motor pump. Are you sure he has the right part???
    Not sure to be honest i only had the message past on to me so could be something else.

Is 70/80 the going rate? Any good places worth a look for one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

00 astra, quite common, any good breaks should have it.
    Rule of thumb tho is that the breaks price is near enough half the price of a new oem supplied part from the main dealer - so, 70 to 80euro for a deal for cash as you can haggle with breakers.

I'v bought various ones in the past for this kinda money.
    HTH.

Advertisement