Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL remote

Options
  • 16-01-2009 7:06pm

Hey, does anyone know where I can get a new NTL remote? Ours is broken and it's just stuck on one channel.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Phone NTL?

It's a bit stupid that they shut up the NTL store down by Fibbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hey, does anyone know where I can get a new NTL remote? Ours is broken and it's just stuck on one channel.

Is it one of the new UPC ones, or old style NTL one ?

Is it one of the new UPC ones, or old style NTL one ?

We have basic NTL cable, and I think it's the old style NTL remote. Does it matter? I have no idea -whats UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

your luck. ive got a spare one if ya want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

A quote from a recent email I got from UPC:

"I will sent you out a new remote control. Please be advised that a charge of €25.00 for a new remote, but if you send back the old remote your account will be credited the charge for the new remote."

poolfan wrote: »
    your luck. ive got a spare one if ya want

Is it this remote poolfan? I would be so greatful if we could get your spare. It's stuck on the Discovery channel and there's only so much mythbusters/american chopper/murder shows that I can stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Will the channel change by pressing the buttons on the actual box?

There actually isn't a box, which is the strange thing about it. There's the NTL connection in the back, which leads into another 3-way connection with one being for the modem and the other going into the back of the TV (from what I can gather)

I haven't had basic cable in a long time so have no idea how it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

ya its an old style one alright, if ya still want it il email ya tomorrow with my address to collect it

• Advertisement
Advertisement