Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well Done CuLT

Options
  • 16-01-2009 7:06pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

That went very smoothly indeed!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Beruthiel wrote: »
    That went very smoothly indeed!

Indeed it did, thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Boards.ie is now running on the latest stable version of vBulletin.

There are a couple of new features, nothing life changing, here's the highlights:
    • Profile Privacy options - limit who sees what in your profile.
    • Dismissable notices - once you've read a notice, you can remove it from the top of the forum view for yourself.
    • Quick reply to PMs - one less click, I guess.
    • Report PMs - you can now report abusive PMs
    • Searchable Filterable PMs - there are now several options for filtering your private messages.
    • Possibly something with the TABLE tag - sortable javascript columns? Maybe? Not sure if this is working.

Rest of the stuff here, some of which may or may not be enabled for you (for example, most of the stuff under social groups that says "moderators can" is restricted to SMods).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

CuLT wrote: »
    [*] Searchable PMs - there are now several options for searching through your private messages.

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nice work.
    Especially like the x thingy.

Now if you just fix my name, all will be well in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I tested the report pm function and it works just like the report post in that it publishes the content of the PM. Is that the new policy? Has the general rule about not publishing PMs without permission been changed?

Nice work Cult. Smooth installation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Now if you just fix my name, all will be well in the world.

I thought they were waiting for the pics.

Apparently not.

I'm still laughing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

javaboy wrote: »
    I thought they were waiting for the pics.

I paid good money for those pics.

My little heart is broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Julep has returned. :D

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote: »
    I paid good money for those pics.

My little heart is broken.
    Less than an hour to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

julep wrote: »
    Less than an hour to go...

Jaysus Terry! Is it not very early to be doing it? :eek:

I'll have to be swift of foot.

Anyway, we should probably take this to the appropriate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

janeybabe wrote: »
    Jaysus Terry! Is it not very early to be doing it? :eek:

Don't put him off.

Good luck julep. I'll keep an eye on that traffic cam. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

this mightnt have happeneed to every boards user but just there a few minutes ago there was no quote , thanks , reply buttons under any of the posts for me, was using firefox just switched to chrome and it seems fine again, just to let ya kno

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I opened a thread and got a message saying the forum was under matenance, and to visit the sister sites (.us, .tv etc). A refresh sorted it and I haven't noticed it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Fair play CulT. I should really get round to doing my own, in the near future. Suffering from cba at the mo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Great work CuLT! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I opened a thread and got a message saying the forum was under matenance, and to visit the sister sites (.us, .tv etc). A refresh sorted it and I haven't noticed it since.

Happened a couple of times. Usually a setting enabled in the ACP when jobs are being carried out that would cause disruption if left "active"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

CuLT wrote: »
    Boards.ie is now running on the latest stable version of vBulletin.

There are a couple of new features, nothing life changing, here's the highlights:
    • Profile Privacy options - limit who sees what in your profile.
    • Dismissable notices - once you've read a notice, you can remove it from the top of the forum view for yourself.
    • Quick reply to PMs - one less click, I guess.
    • Report PMs - you can now report abusive PMs
    • Searchable Filterable PMs - there are now several options for filtering your private messages.
    • Possibly something with the TABLE tag - sortable javascript columns? Maybe? Not sure if this is working.

Rest of the stuff here, some of which may or may not be enabled for you (for example, most of the stuff under social groups that says "moderators can" is restricted to SMods).

I see the "quick reply" box in the PMs has the extra few buttons at the top for link & image ...
    I like it , it's not just one less click, you don't have to load up a new page :)

Any chance of adding them to the forum posting ? poke.gifthumb.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hmmm, some nice new toys alright.:)

The social group feature is way better, multiple discussions, the posts go the right way now and you can sub for replies. Only thing is you get notified of your own replies unlike in the main forums.

One question I have about the profile access settings is: What is the difference between 'contacts' and 'friends'?

Is there a separate 'contacts' feature that I have somehow missed?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SteveC wrote: »
    One question I have about the profile access settings is: What is the difference between 'contacts' and 'friends'?

When you click the befriend button on another users profile, it will give you the option of sending them a friends request. If you don't then that user will just be a contact, if you do and they accept, they will be your friend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks AC.

Ya learn something every day here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

When you click the befriend button on another users profile, it will give you the option of sending them a friends request. If you don't then that user will just be a contact, if you do and they accept, they will be your friend.
    i have friends

*hugs internet box*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Quick Question -- no longer needed cuz clearly I am blind....
    *ahem* move along nothing to see here....

*hugs* CuLT <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Good work Cult. :D

Should mention though: the notice page (advising you to check out the sister sites during downtime) is still occasionally displaying for me since last night. Happens when I'm browsing forums, not on site entry. Perhaps 6-7 times in total.

Sorry to post here, couldn't see another suitable thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

stovelid wrote: »

Should mention though: the notice page (advising you to check out the sister sites during downtime) is still occasionally displaying for me since last night. Happens when I'm browsing forums, not on site entry. Perhaps 6-7 times in total.

Ditto. Last night and today

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm still getting "Boards is undergoing maintenance" messages occasionally on random links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

Theres still no reply button or quote or thanks or any of those buttons showing up for me in firefox

noone else having this problem?
    it works fine in chrome

• Advertisement

Sweeno wrote: »
    Theres still no reply button or quote or thanks or any of those buttons showing up for me in firefox

noone else having this problem?
    it works fine in chrome
    Works fine for me (white skin)

Try ctrl-F5 to reload the images.

Advertisement