Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

gaz15 wrote: »
    So do I get ta replay this game against bubs then futureguy? I am sure it is obvious I wasn't pulling the plug on my broadband 5-3 up in 90th minute:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Depends on your opponent but I'd let you have the result as it is instead of replaying.

We'll wait for Future Guy to answer this properly.

Premiership to be played...

Fiorentina 5 Games
    Juventus 4 games
    Schalke 04 4 Games
    Udinese 4 Games
    Lyon 3 Games
    Man City 2 Games
    Portsmouth 1 Game
    Everton 1 Game
    Celtic 1 Game
    Sevilla 1 Game

Championship to be played...

Barcelona 5 Games
    Valencia 3 Games
    Chelsea 3 Games
    Arsenal 3 Games
    Liverpool 2 Games
    Real Madrid 1 Game
    Aston Villa 1 Game
    Ath Madrid 1 Game
    AC Milan 1 Game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'll definitely be down for a replay. Think it's unfair to punish someone for a bad connection especially considering you had the game won.

Can anybody who's set to play me this week PM me? Have a really hectic week and then going to England for four days so I'll need to set the times up in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Regarding fixtures, this week will have no new matches. It is just for catching up on games as there are some people lagging behind.

Do we have to play our 2nd cup match this week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be down for a replay. Think it's unfair to punish someone for a bad connection especially considering you had the game won.

Can anybody who's set to play me this week PM me? Have a really hectic week and then going to England for four days so I'll need to set the times up in advance

Yeah, if someone is ahead and loses THEIR connection, a replay is required. It's the fairest way. Obviously, if we are having a regular problem with any one player, then we'd have to assess it differently, but that hasn't been the case.

Fair play anyways Bubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Yeah, if someone is ahead and loses THEIR connection, a replay is required. It's the fairest way. Obviously, if we are having a regular problem with any one player, then we'd have to assess it differently, but that hasn't been the case.

Fair play anyways Bubs.

Well I guess this means I get to replay my match with MakerelMan then eh.....woohooo!!!

Give me a shout when you are on so!!:D

EDIT - Well I wasn't ahead in this one....so maybe not....but hopefully he will do the right thing and let us play a full match to see who gets the points....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well I guess this means I get to replay my match with MakerelMan then eh.....woohooo!!!

Give me a shout when you are on so!!:D

EDIT - Well I wasn't ahead in this one....so maybe not....but hopefully he will do the right thing and let us play a full match to see who gets the points....

Was that game not a draw?

Yeah...see my edit....it was 1-1 as far as I knew when the connection dropped...but he thinks 2-1 so I am not going to argue about it. But if he is willing to just replay the match due to the disconnection then that would be grand...

Axwell...you wanna play our cup game tonight??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah...see my edit....it was 1-1 as far as I knew when the connection dropped...but he thinks 2-1 so I am not going to argue about it. But if he is willing to just replay the match due to the disconnection then that would be grand...

Why dont you look back and see what the score was in it? I think the rules are if it was a draw and there was a disconnect there isnt a replay, and if he was winning and you got disconnected then there isnt either.Its only if the person leading gets disconnected. Future Guy will probably clarify.

Ya if im on later ill play you.

Axwell wrote: »
    Why dont you look back and see what the score was in it? I think the rules are if it was a draw and there was a disconnect there isnt a replay, and if he was winning and you got disconnected then there isnt either. its only if the person winning gets disconnected. Future Guy will probably clarify.

Ya if im on later ill play you.

No, I know the score was 1-1 on my screen, but he said he scored a second goal after that as I was not playing I think he was pretty much able to walk it in....but im asking that he be nice I guess and replay the game....losing by disconnect is not good for anyone....

• Advertisement

No, I know the score was 1-1 on my screen, but he said he scored a second goal after that as I was not playing I think he was pretty much able to walk it in....but im asking that he be nice I guess and replay the game....losing by disconnect is not good for anyone....

True it happened to me twice but there was rules established regarding it at that time, go back through the posts for more info. Ill probably be on after 9 if you are around for our match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

It was 2 - 1 when the connection went on my screen.

I would have replayed the match straight away but didn't think it was possible because I lost connection once or twice last season and couldn't. Send me an invite when I'm online again and we will replay.

Does the manager of the league need to re open a fixture for this to happen?

Lads i would check this with FG based on the circumstances he has the final say on things. IF it was 2-1 then there wouldnt be a replay if it was 1-1 i think it was agreed also there was no replays but the way its 2-1 in yours is different doesnt seem to be during the course of play? Again ask FG its his decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Lads i would check this with FG based on the circumstances he has the final say on things

massive +1

"If you get a replay when you weren't winning, the next time I'm drawing a match I need to win, sure I'll just disconnect and get a replay."

Ok, well I'm sure everyone knows by now, that I would never, never do that even if I needed the win to win the league, but you get the point. You know there'll be someone who will do it at some point. If you are getting replays when you aren't winning a game, then everyone has to get them, and the league becomes a complete shambles, with basically the person who can bullsh!t the most excuses wins. Not saying you did it on purpose, but you got to think about people who aren't as honest as yourself.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    massive +1

"If you get a replay when you weren't winning, the next time I'm drawing a match I need to win, sure I'll just disconnect and get a replay."

Ok, well I'm sure everyone knows by now, that I would never, never do that even if I needed the win to win the league, but you get the point. You know there'll be someone who will do it at some point. If you are getting replays when you aren't winning a game, then everyone has to get them, and the league becomes a complete shambles, with basically the person who can bullsh!t the most excuses wins. Not saying you did it on purpose, but you got to think about people who aren't as honest as yourself.

Point taken Richie....but two people agreeing to play again on a connection that dropped quite early in the game shouldnt be a problem but i really do see the problem it would cause with people being dishonest...

I think in fairness the scoreline is just as important, if you are winning you arent goin to just drop out and quit. The original rule was that if there is a disconnect then its just tough and the awarded 3-0 stands. However in my matches i was winning 1-0 and 2-0 so it was more unfair to me considering i was in a winning position. This was why it was allowed, in your case it was 1-1 (or possibly 2-1). From the previous posts at the time of mine it seemed that if you are losing the match or drawing and there is a disconnect there is no replay, it is only if you are winning and you are the one who drops out. But pm FG or wait for him to answer on here before doing anything.

Point taken Richie....but two people agreeing to play again on a connection that dropped quite early in the game shouldnt be a problem but i really do see the problem it would cause with people being dishonest...

Yeah, I know its a little harsh, but I guess rather safe than sorry. I've lost league games before because of connection problems, so i do share your pain...

Irish Wolverine (Man City) 1 - 2 (AS Roma) Dufflecoatxbox

Roma took the lead with a nice finish but the equaliser came only seconds later as City broke right through Roma's defence.

Was a very close battle right through the game but I think I shaded it on possession and chances.

Won a corner in the 90th Minute after a scrappy clearance and from the edge of the 6 yard box Taddei headed home to take me into the next round :D

Unlucky Axwell, could have gone either way there but a good game..

Irish Wolverine 1 - 2 Dufflecoat

Close game, Roma got a goal and City equalised shortly after. Have to laugh at your post above though thinking you shaded it?I had at least 3 one on ones that i should have put away, you had a shot accuracy of 20% compared to my 42%. I think you are being a little biased towards yourself and as for the goal at the end, it wasnt a scrappy clearance the ball was kicked out for a corner without any fuss, the resulting corner you headed and hit my players shoulder for a deflection which then went in. If anything was scrappy it was your goal. So late in the game there was nothing i could do. 3 free kicks this time, good to see your working on cleaning up your game :rolleyes:. Fair play and all that you wont the game, good close game but to say you think you shaded it and to make out your goal was anything but a lucky deflection is just funny. Good luck in the next round, will hopefully get my revenge in the league

Irish Wolverine 1 - 2 Dufflecoat

Close game, Roma got a goal and City equalised shortly after. Have to laugh at your post above though thinking you shaded it?I had at least 3 one on ones that i should have put away, you had a shot accuracy of 20% compared to my 42%. I think you are being a little biased towards yourself and as for the goal at the end, it wasnt a scrappy clearance the ball was kicked out for a corner without any fuss, the resulting corner you headed and hit my players shoulder for a deflection which then went in. If anything was scrappy it was your goal. So late in the game there was nothing i could do. 3 free kicks this time, good to see your working on cleaning up your game :rolleyes:. Fair play and all that you wont the game, good close game but to say you think you shaded it and to make out your goal was anything but a lucky deflection is just funny. Good luck in the next round, will hopefully get my revenge in the league

Ah now...Im tasting lemons here, I really am....That bitter taste that makes the eyes water. You were under pressure when you forced the ball for a corner, your shot accuracy was better as you kicked three one on ones to my keeper ;)

I thought my description of the games was fair enough. 3 free kicks in the game, 2 from both players being shoulder to shoulder and one from a slide that was my player actually trying to cross the ball......

Please just take your beating...or I'll have to send the soothers over...:eek:

• Advertisement

Ah now...Im tasting lemons here, I really am....That bitter taste that makes the eyes water. You were under pressure when you forced the ball for a corner, your shot accuracy was better as you kicked three one on ones to my keeper ;)

I thought my description of the games was fair enough. 3 free kicks in the game, 2 from both players being shoulder to shoulder and one from a slide that was my player actually trying to cross the ball......

Please just take your beating...or I'll have to send the soothers over...:eek:

I have no problem with you winning the game, and aint bitter I just think your description was biased and funny how you forgot to mention the deflection in your great description of the Taddei winner. As for the free's your record of yellow cards in the league speaks for itself :D

Good game, no bitterness here but like to see an honest game report written. Im bound to see things my way and you yours, take the banter like a man and dont cry bout lemons. :)

I have no problem with you winning the game, and aint bitter I just think your description was biased and funny how you forgot to mention the deflection in your great description of the Taddei winner. As for the free's your record of yellow cards in the league speaks for itself :D

Good game, no bitterness here but like to see an honest game report written. Im bound to see things my way and you yours, take the banter like a man and dont cry bout lemons. :)

Ok fair play so...

Love banter.................Hate Whining!!!

Ok fair play so...

Love banter.................Hate Whining!!!

Dont do it then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Premiership to be played...

Fiorentina 5 Games

I havent played any since you posted, but I only have 4 games to play by my count...

Also I'll be on later tonight at around 10 after the Champions League action, should get me nicely in the mood for a few games of Fifa :pac:

Moiph wrote: »
    I havent played any since you posted, but I only have 4 games to play by my count...

Also I'll be on later tonight at around 10 after the Champions League action, should get me nicely in the mood for a few games of Fifa :pac:

By my records you have to play

Celtic (round 7)
    Schalke (round 8)
    Udinese (round 10)
    Sevilla (round 13)
    Everton (round 14)

I count 5, if you can point out the post of the result you're missing here in the forum please do so! It could be a case where I missed it.

PS I'll be on after the match tonight to give you our game!

Well I am pleased to see that I have caught up on all 15 of my matches in 10 days...not bad I think..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

CHAMPIONSHIP

Real Madrid (Sparky 360) 10 - 2 (Deliverence XXV) Arsenal

An unexpected and flattering scoreline. Good game

Moiph wrote: »

I'll be on then to play our match!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

keen wrote: »
    It was 2 - 1 when the connection went on my screen.

I would have replayed the match straight away but didn't think it was possible because I lost connection once or twice last season and couldn't. Send me an invite when I'm online again and we will replay.

Does the manager of the league need to re open a fixture for this to happen?

I have sent PMs already but I will reiterate here. The league rules state that if your connection goes while winning, you get to replay. If your connection goes while drawing or losing, there are no replays. Any other ruling would open up a can of worms!

So the result stands as a 3-0 to Keen.

• Advertisement

I have sent PMs already but I will reiterate here. The league rules state that if your connection goes while winning, you get to replay. If your connection goes while drawing or losing, there are no replays. Any other ruling would open up a can of worms!

So the result stands as a 3-0 to Keen.

Ruling graciously accepted :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement