Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

MakeralMan 0-3 RichieMUFC
    Juventus vs Schalke

Game started off with two missed one-on-ones, one for each side, after that defenses were largely on top. As i was running in on goal for my one-on-one i was like, "oh shiiiiiiiiiiiii!t, he has Buffon in goal!!". He's superman and prompty proceeded to rape my striker. First time I actually felt like I played well defensively for a long time!

I've gone back to my old tactics and old formation that I won the first 5 games in a row with... I went for a massive overhaul after I lost two games in a row and it hasn't worked out at all!! Time to go back to basics me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Championship

Round 19

INTER MILAN (ckwport) 3 - 2 BARCELONA (jerichoholic)

Inter went 3 up in the first half, the second half Inter were constantly defending as Barcelona were on the attack and playing the better football.

It would have been a great comeback, I thought you had scored in the last second of added time with that header to draw level, but it was just wide.

A much needed win for me. Great Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Premiership

JUVENTUS (mackerelman) 0 v SCHALKE 04 (y2j_mufc) 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Barcelona (Dave7g) 4-1 (BFassassin) Athletico
    Bayern (R0nBurgendee) 1-1 (BFassassin) Athletico

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

BFassassin wrote: »
    Bayern (R0nBurgendee) 1-1 (BFassassin) Athletico

My first draw of the season, after 16 games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Round 18 ........................

......... ATHLETICO MADRID (bfassassin) 2 v LIVERPOOL (bennyc) 6

Torres missed nothing , good open game with chances at both ends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Porthsmouth (smcelhinney) 2 v 3 OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy)

Good game, took a 3-0 lead but Porthsmouth got a goal back with a good strike. Hit the post 3 times in the game, and when I was pegged back to 3-2, I thought the writing was on the wall.

went 5-3-2 followed by ultradefensive to seal the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'll be finished my essay on monday so if I'm backlogged from tuesday on I'll be at my opponents whim time wise

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Another member of the league with the 3 red lights,sending it off this week! Might be able to get on my housemates to play my games though but if im not on much you know why. Damn you microsoft!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Ahh man I got Juve, Roma and Celtic to play....Not going to be easy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

(Dufflecotxbox) AS Roma 2-3 Sevilla (Marshem)

He won the game with 10 men........

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I know its frowned upon in the league but i dont think it has ever been said that doing it results in the person automatically losing the game?? Where did you get that from?

Complaint removed..

Losing by a disconnect is awarded by the game itself though and we have a replay where the person was winning and got cut off. Im pretty sure if you look back on the other thread this was discussed in depth and it is very annoying, but sometimes the tackle can be a last ditch effort at a reasonable tackle, I dont know in your match so i cant comment on the tackle. The problem is though there is no way to prove the maliciousness of any tackle and its based on both peoples word. Im sure FG will have something to say in realtion to this but i cant see a loss being enforced, playing against 10 men though the advantage was in your favour angry or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Lol was duffles really on here bitching about my tackle?????? I went for the ball and I got the ball but still had my man sent off...

He scored from resulting free kick-it was 1-1 with 12 mins gone so he had 78mins to play versus 10 men, which would be pretty stupid by me if I intentionally hacked!

Are we supposed to not tackle in the game? It would obv be a different story if I was 1-0 with 2 mins to go and I made the tackle but it was not a tackle to save points and stop him scoring, was an honest attempt at the ball.

Duffles you are obv having some laugh coming on here giving out about it and pausing game to tell me last man hack are against the rules of league!!!

Any way 10 man Sevilla 3-2 11 man Roma

Its always difficult to comment on a tackle without seeing it, but an auto loss? No chance IMHO, especially taking into consideration he played 78 mins with 10 men and won the game.

Not sure how you could give an auto loss without any sort of video proof, even then, it would still be dodgy. Some people think a tackle has a hope of getting the ball and really believe it, when it hasn't, and vice versa.

Its all dodgy territory anyways. I'll post up a "fair play" league table later, just out of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jesus christ, it's a football game. There are two buttons for tackles. they happen in real life all the time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people should not be afraid to tackle in the game because they might get blasted on a forum. Some people take the cards far too seriously

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Jesus christ, it's a football game. There are two buttons for tackles. they happen in real life all the time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people should not be afraid to tackle in the game because they might get blasted on a forum. Some people take the cards far too seriously

I originially complained because I was getting crap about tackling too hard and giving away free kicks....these were tackles that did not even result in yellow cards. I was annoyed when he took me down, and more annoyed that I lost the game. I withdrew the complaint myself after I calmed down....

I will play the game how I want in future though which means there will be free kicks given against me and anyone that wants to cry about it can go running to their Mommy......

Guys,
    I'm keeping a good eye on the yellows and reds. I'm not going to spend a day going back over what has been said 100 times regarding last man tackles. I don't expect people not to attampt a tackle so long as a ball could definately be won. Taking a man out from directly behind (6 o'clock) or almost directly behind (5 or 7 o'clock) is not on. If an attacking player has played the ball out in front and the defender takes the player out (last man), then that is not on either.

At this stage of the event, if you have any more that 2 yellow cards, it's too many. The only reason people get carded is when they deserve it.

If anyone has a problem with a player, please PM me and I will investigate.

Dufflescoatsunri, you're going to win no friends with your previous comment.

Moiph
    , going by stats alone, you need to be a little careful with your tackling...2 reds (3 cards total) from 14 fouls is a high ratio. It shows that you dont make tackles often, but when you do, they are heavily punished.

Guys, I don't even have to make a comment regarding the table below...

1. RichieMUFC : 7 Fouls : 0 Yellow: 0 Red : Points: 0
    2. Garak001 : 9 Fouls : 0 Yellow : 0 Red : Points 0
    3. Irish Wolverine : 20 Fouls : 0 Yellow : 0 Red : Points: 0
    4. Dj Digitalmoose : 10 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 0 Red: Points: -3
    5. Mister Robanson : 13 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 0 Red: Points: -3
    6. v1rg1l : 16 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 0 Red : Points -3
    7. BassmanMurph85 : 12 Fouls : 0 Yellow : 1 Red: Points -5
    8. DuffleCoatXbox : 20 Fouls : 4 Yellow : 0 Red : Points -12
    9. Marshjem : 14 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 2 Red : Points -13
    10. MackerelMan : 28 Fouls : 3 Yellow : 1 Red : Points -14
    11. Garball1 : 12 Fouls : 5 Yellow : 0 Red : Points - 15
    12. Bubs180 : 18 Fouls : 6 Yellow : 2 Red : Points -28

Im afraid you will have to explain your little table to me....are you seriously suggesting that I will lose 3 points for every yellow card that I have received....

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »

Im with Bubs on this one...fouls and cards are part of the real game, dont see why it should be any different here....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Im afraid you will have to explain your little table to me....are you seriously suggesting that I will lose 3 points for every yellow card that I have received....

No you don't loose points, that's just the table Richie posted up in another thread, the easiest way he could get rankings was to give -3 for a yellow and -5 for a red!!

Oh and my yellow was viscious, it was against Axwell, I lost the head that he was beating me so threw in a dirty slide on one of his wingers!!

ah right, thats ok then....cos I thought things were really getting out of hand there...

Your little table? Youre not helping your case here.

Yellow/red cards in the real world have more consequences than in a 7-min a side computer game. No suspensions for yellow cards/red cards in FIFA 09. Losing a player in real life is a massive disadvantage, but only a minor annoyance in FIFA 09.

Like I said, tackling is part of the game. All I am saying is don't take the last man out.

ah right, thats ok then....cos I thought things were really getting out of hand there...

I might dock you 3 points if you "shhhhhhh" me in celbrations again :rolleyes:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I might dock you 3 points if you "shhhhhhh" me in celbrations again :rolleyes:

Ah the powers gone to your head now.....:D

Ah the powers gone to your head now.....:D

No its not. Make it 6 points!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    No you don't loose points, that's just the table Richie posted up in another thread, the easiest way he could get rankings was to give -3 for a yellow and -5 for a red!!

Yeah, it was much easier to take points away for cards than give points for no cards. Your not actually going to be deducted points.

This whole "you shouldn't be afraid to tackle" argument is a big pile of sh!te.. Robanson is first, I'm second and Moon is third (currently). We have two cards between us. I dont think you win games if you are "afraid" to tackle. It was a nice excuse though, whoever came up with that phrase!

Anyways, I haven't had any problems since my first match of the season which was a long time ago now, so its all good with me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

FutureGuy wrote: »

Moiph
    , going by stats alone, you need to be a little careful with your tackling...2 reds (3 cards total) from 14 fouls is a high ratio. It shows that you dont make tackles often, but when you do, they are heavily punished.

I assume this is directed at me? Well the first red was against richie when I played him can't remember what it was for but I was slaughtered 6 or 7 nil so I am sure it wasn't nasty or to gain advantage.

The 2nd one WAS a tackle from the side not behind that was rather harshly punished with a red card IMO.

As for the yellow god knows what it was for.

But basically in 16 games I have had 14 fouls with 3 cards I mean c'mon surely them stats are acceptable???

It isn't basketball we are playing, football is a contact sport. Are we supposed to pull out of tackles when there is a fair chance of getting them for fear of just missing them and then being crucified on this board for it????

Surely someone is going to have to draw a line under the whole subject of last man tackling once and for all?????

• Advertisement

gaz15 wrote: »
    I assume this is directed at me? Well the first red was against richie when I played him can't remember what it was for but I was slaughtered 6 or 7 nil so I am sure it wasn't nasty or to gain advantage.

Yeah tbh, your red against me was harsh, i was through and you missed the ball by a fraction, if your defender had of swung his leg properly you probably would have gotten the ball...and I think there was a defender level with me anyways.

I had no problems at all with that. You were just unlucky and had a proper chance of getting the ball! This is really saying something considering I usually slaughter anybody who has a bad challenge against me and gets sent off! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement