Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Guys if you wanna give my opponent in the cup an advancement to the next round that's fine with me. I think it's Axwell.
    It would keep the cup moving smoothly along as it could be another week until I get my xbox issue sorted out. At least with the league I can just play the backlog of games. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Guys if you wanna give my opponent in the cup an advancement to the next round that's fine with me. I think it's Axwell.
    It would keep the cup moving smoothly along as it could be another week until I get my xbox issue sorted out. At least with the league I can just play the backlog of games. :)

He's got the RROD too, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Afraid I sent him packing from the cup already.......Im awaiting Batesy (Manchester United)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

ive got 5 yellow cards in 14 games,thats nothin.when you play football in the real word you get booked every other game:D.this doesnt mean your a bad footballer,it means you want to win every ball goin.

has anyone in these league's ever played football before?

Garball wrote: »
    has anyone in these league's ever played football before?

Of course, but looking for a team at the moment!

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Of course, but looking for a team at the moment!

in march?yeah,i dont like pre season either:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't think it's any coincidence that the person with the least fouls is the one leading this "crusade" against tackles. I knew when you spent ages complaining about the first one you wouldn't drop it. You can't force everyone to play your style. Worse players tackle more, better players tackle less. It's like real football. If Man Utd were travelling to Bolton what do you think they'd do. They'd rough em up. Just like real football

As for me, only one of my cards was a malicious tackle. Was pissed of about how I conceded a goal and ploughed into some midfielder. Deserved that yellow. One of my reds was an absolute joke against FG, didn't even bring Benzema to the ground.
    This whole "you shouldn't be afraid to tackle" argument is a big pile of sh!te.. Robanson is first, I'm second and Moon is third (currently). We have two cards between us. I dont think you win games if you are "afraid" to tackle. It was a nice excuse though, whoever came up with that phrase!

How exactly is it a big pile of ****e? Since my tackle on you at the beginning this whole thing had died a death, then you post a big "fair play" table which you happen to be top of. All of that pressures FutureGuy into making statements like "two cards is too many". I have 8. That's 6 more than two. 44% of my tackles are carded. How exactly can I not be afraid to tackle.

I enjoy the league, it's fun. Have only had problems with one user in the leagues. Instantly granted a rematch to someone who deserved it and have campaigned for fair rematches since this league began. This thread shows that. Yet that table makes me out to be some idiot who's only interested in tackling and not in the continuity of the league. Please. it's not a fair table. There's no context to any of the fouls and as for an auto-loss system for a tackle? I can't believe you even suggested it. if you don't believe that you're altering FutureGuy's opinion with the pressuring take a look at these two quotes from him, one from the last page, the other just after a game where I got a red
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    At this stage of the event, if you have any more that 2 yellow cards, it's too many. The only reason people get carded is when they deserve it.
    Thanks Bubs... rediculous red card
    And he wasn't reffering to a ridiculous tackle
    Anyways, I haven't had any problems since my first match of the season which was a long time ago now, so its all good with me. ;)

That problem was entirely your own making. You won 5-0 and all you did was complain about a mistimed tackle. You never savoured your victory. Why? You honestly think that that tackle was malicious? Also, if you have never had a problem with it since the first game why did you bring it up again

Garball wrote: »
    in march?yeah,i dont like pre season either:)

You know it, although I could def do with exercise all the same. The movement is tough, especially since I haven't really played for about 8 months. I'd be breathing outta my arsee! ;)

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Yet that table makes me out to be some idiot who's only interested in tackling and not in the continuity of the league.

I just posted it out of interest. Just because you are bottom of it, don't take it personally. I posted it because Duffle and Gaz were talking about it. Sorry to disappoint you bosco, but it had nothing to do with you.
    There's no context to any of the fouls
    Context? Yeah, I'll go back and add context to each foul now :rolleyes:

People just find stats interesting, benny wanted me to do one for the Championship too, just to see.
    Also, if you have never had a problem with it since the first game why did you bring it up again

Ah here, I didn't even mention your name bosco. I was saying that in 99% of the games, they were really enjoyable. It was supposed to be a positive comment on the league as a whole, not a negative one. As in, compared to last year, its waaay better. That was what I meant. No more, no less. Sorry to disappoint you and sorry you misunderstood! :)

If you wanna reply, please take it to PM. I'm not going to reply here again spamming up this thread with crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ah here, I didn't even mention your name bosco.

Neither did I bosco:rolleyes:
    Have only had problems with one user in the leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Don't know about the rest of you but all this nonsense is really starting to get on my t!ts now.

All this crap about tackles and cards and fair play tables. It's all nonsense. If a player wants to tackle, let him. If it's late he'll be carded, another and he'll have a player sent off. So bloody what!! Get on with it.

It's all part of the game. (real life and on FIFA)

Seriously thinking of not bothering with Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Anyway

(Rainyace) Chelsea 1-1 Athletico (BFassassin)

It was an absolute epic game imo. End to end for the whole 90 mins. I went really close from the half way line when cech cleared from the edge of the box straight to my player. In the second half though Chelsea created more chances and took the lead aroun the 60th minute. I went for it then and equalised on the 90th minute with a chipped volley that went into the side of the net :)
    I had a strange tackle in the game too. I was ahead of drogba and went to clear it but my defender slid and a free outside the box was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Round 17 ........................

......... INTER MILAN (ckwport) 0 v LIVERPOOL (bennyc) 1

Round 19 ........................

......... LIVERPOOL (bennyc) 1 v REAL MADRID (sparky360) 1

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Championship

Liverpool (bennycon) 1 Aston Villa 5

With 2 opening defensive lineups, a stale first half came to life with 2 quick goals. Liverpool opened the scoring but Villa responded immediately.
    2nd half saw Villa come flying outta the blocks with early goals and never looked back from there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OK, I'm going to have a proper word on this.

The fair play league has no impact on anything league-related, unless someone is completely taking the mickey altogether. It's a nice stat to lave a look at. Thanks to Richie for doing it.

I have no problem with people tackling. It's part of the game. Some players like myself and Y2J don't use the slide tackle button that often. Speaking for myself, that's my tactic. I don't like to commit people to tackles as I like my team to stay in the game and track back. Then there are players like Bubs and Dufflecoatsunri who like to get stuck in with their tackles in order to win the ball early, and thats completely fine with me also. Different style of play but no less a viable tactic. In fact, I played against both of ye and thought that, while ye did use the slide button liberally, not one tackle was dirty. Also, I enjoyed both games.

There is only one thing I do not want to see. I don't want people taking out the last man as the only way of preventing a goal. If you have a problem with this and you think that taking out the last man is a completely viable tactic, then please find another league because if one player starts, everyone will start and games will be reduced to a farce. 0-0 games with 10 players vs 9 at the end.

That's the time when I'll stop running leagues and someone else can do the donkeywork.

The fact is, I cannot tell who is dirty and who is not unless I play someone. I am confident that there is no dirty players in the leagues and I hope this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

bennyc wrote: »
    Round 17 ........................

......... INTER MILAN (ckwport) 0 v LIVERPOOL (bennyc) 1

Very close game! My shooting was brutal, That Pr!ck of a commentator Andy Gray was no help either, constantly putting me down!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Anyways...

Myself and Real Madrid (The Dunne) were trying to play our league game tonight and it kept quiting out on us once we got to the team selection screen...Did this ever happen to anyone before?

Yep been happening between me and The Dunne too.

Tried to play the other day and tonight. Very strange. It just comes up 'the game session is no longer available' after we both connect.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Some players like myself and Y2J don't use the slide tackle button.

What, you don't use the slide tackle button?!? lol, I was scanning your post as I was playing a ranked match. I just had a last man slide tackle on Adebayor with Rio right before I read the Y2J doesn't use the slide tackle button, lol. Got the ball and cleaned him too. I just try to time it fairly well. I do use it though, it'd be a bit crazy not to, but just at the right times.

I've had 1 thing I didn't like in 14 games (except my loses :P). Thats 1 thing in 200 mins gameplay (roughly).

As I said earlier, I think thats f'n excellent to be honest! I just posted that table because it was topical at the time :):)

Batesy wrote: »
    Yep been happening between me and The Dunne too.

Tried to play the other day and tonight. Very strange. It just comes up 'the game session is no longer available' after we both connect.

Ya, exact same thing! Tis a pain!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Oh and my yellow was viscious, it was against Axwell, I lost the head that he was beating me so threw in a dirty slide on one of his wingers!!

Shocking it was, hes still not walking right after it :D

At the end of the day FG already said this last season about the last man tackle so everyone knows that it exists and really there is no excuse for it if you are taking the man out to stop a goal. As for other cards in the game, there really shouldnt be a need for getting carded, it happens now and then but a load of yellows over the course of the league suggests wreckless play. I have 20 fouls according to Richies stats, i rarely ever slide tackle so most are for jostling with the ball or pushing the player off the ball but out of those 20 tackles not one was given a yellow card. If you are going to constantly slide tackle and get carded for it you cant blame people for commenting on it like it or not.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    I have 20 fouls according to Richies stats

Axwell, your some big dirty fouling scumbag!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Axwell, your some big dirty fouling scumbag!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist

Not as dirty as yore ma! ;):D

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Very close game! My shooting was brutal, That Pr!ck of a commentator Andy Gray was no help either, constantly putting me down!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Anyways...

Myself and Real Madrid (The Dunne) were trying to play our league game tonight and it kept quiting out on us once we got to the team selection screen...Did this ever happen to anyone before?
    I think it has something to do with the nat setting. At least one has to be set to open afaik.
    You probably have it set to strict or moderate and that means you cant host.

BFassassin wrote: »
    I think it has something to do with the nat setting. At least one has to be set to open afaik.
    You probably have it set to strict or moderate and that means you cant host.

Cheers, will check that this tonight...

I have an eircom netopia router, so think I know where that option is.

I have my NAT set to open.

The weird thing is that I have already played The Dunne this season so I wonder whats changed since then.

Same here, played him in the league and cup already with no issues.

Couldnt join chat or a party with him either.

I will check my NAT settings this evening anyways, hopefully thats all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

To play:

UDINESE (bubs101) v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)
    JUVENTUS (mackeral man) v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)
    TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson) v AS ROMA (dufflecoatsunri)
    CELTIC (garball) v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)

Any of you going to be on tonight for a game?? Im a bit behind

Any update on the cup matches to??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

To play:

I have to play you in the cup!

To play:

i should be on after liverpool and madrid match tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I have to play you in the cup!

Good stuff you beat the Scousers!!

Do we have to wait for a cup post or can we play ahead??

Garball: I'll be on after the match too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement