Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

CELTIC (garball) 2-3 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)

Well played...Hard game!!

P/W/D/L/GF/GA/GD/Pts
    17/14/2/1/61/30/+31/43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

BassmanMurph85 1-3 RichieMUFC
    Fiorentina vs Schalke

I thought the writing was on the wall when he scored his first from a corner. I managed to get back into it after going a little gung ho. Managed to get it back to 1-1, hit the post with Farfan from 6 yards then...thought it wasn't going to be, when that happened, but a mix up between keeper and defender gave me the lead, and I hung onto that like grim death until I got a third late on. Great game, same as the first one between us!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys,
    I'm keeping a good eye on the yellows and reds. I'm not going to spend a day going back over what has been said 100 times regarding last man tackles. I don't expect people not to attampt a tackle so long as a ball could definately be won. Taking a man out from directly behind (6 o'clock) or almost directly behind (5 or 7 o'clock) is not on. If an attacking player has played the ball out in front and the defender takes the player out (last man), then that is not on either.

At this stage of the event, if you have any more that 2 yellow cards, it's too many. The only reason people get carded is when they deserve it.

If anyone has a problem with a player, please PM me and I will investigate.

Dufflescoatsunri, you're going to win no friends with your previous comment.

Moiph
    , going by stats alone, you need to be a little careful with your tackling...2 reds (3 cards total) from 14 fouls is a high ratio. It shows that you dont make tackles often, but when you do, they are heavily punished.

Guys, I don't even have to make a comment regarding the table below...

1. RichieMUFC : 7 Fouls : 0 Yellow: 0 Red : Points: 0
    2. Garak001 : 9 Fouls : 0 Yellow : 0 Red : Points 0
    3. Irish Wolverine : 20 Fouls : 0 Yellow : 0 Red : Points: 0
    4. Dj Digitalmoose : 10 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 0 Red: Points: -3
    5. Mister Robanson : 13 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 0 Red: Points: -3
    6. v1rg1l : 16 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 0 Red : Points -3
    7. BassmanMurph85 : 12 Fouls : 0 Yellow : 1 Red: Points -5
    8. DuffleCoatXbox : 20 Fouls : 4 Yellow : 0 Red : Points -12
    9. Marshjem : 14 Fouls : 1 Yellow : 2 Red : Points -13
    10. MackerelMan : 28 Fouls : 3 Yellow : 1 Red : Points -14
    11. Garball1 : 12 Fouls : 5 Yellow : 0 Red : Points - 15
    12. Bubs180 : 18 Fouls : 6 Yellow : 2 Red : Points -28
    Im afraid you will have to explain your little table to me....are you seriously suggesting that I will lose 3 points for every yellow card that I have received....
    Im with Bubs on this one...fouls and cards are part of the real game, dont see why it should be any different here....

I was going to try join this league next time ye start but not now:D.....

It's like "School FIFA", ye get an automatic loss for a red?, not that i hack players down(it's easier to win with 11 players on the pitch, plus it's not easy to score anyways) but what's with the extra rules and fairplay table it's a game for god sake, no need to regulate all the fun out of it, what next?.......

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Cup Match:

Everton(Dj DigitalMoose) 0-1 Tottenham (Mister Robanson)

By far the most intense game ive played so far..Went 1up before the half after a header from no where from Jenas....Everytime Everton got the ball I felt I was going to conceed....Good game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Premiership:

Lyon(Garak001) 1 - 1 Fiorentina(BassmanMurph85)

Still have to play Garball and Virgil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Championship

Round 18

REAL MADRID (sparky360) 4 - 2 INTER MILAN (ckwport)

One Word:

ROBBED

It's like "School FIFA", ye get an automatic loss for a red?, not that i hack players down(it's easier to win with 11 players on the pitch, plus it's not easy to score anyways) but what's with the extra rules and fairplay table it's a game for god sake, no need to regulate all the fun out of it, what next?.......

No no, its the rules that make it fun!:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LYON 1-1 FIORENTINA
    Completely one-sided and I was delighted to get a point. Scored with my first shot on goal in the 55th minute thanks to a right footed strike from 20 yards frombenzema which cannoned in off the crossbar. The lead didn't last long however, as my change to Defensive somehow sucked out all my midfielders and moiph was able to slot home.

LYON 0-1 EVERTON
    The Toffees deserved the win.I realised that going defensive 442 against Saha/Yakubu was getting me nowhere, but I decided towait till halftime to make changed. However, Mr. Moon scored in the 44th minute. Once I went Offensive I got alot more joy but I couldn't break down the defense. Had some really good chances towards the end, but I was a bag of nerves and couldn't convert any of them.

In all, was happy to take something from the game. Apart from Richie, I have played all of the teams above me so need to get good results in my remaining matches.

4th from bottom would be a great result for the end of the season after that nightmare start!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That fair play thing was just put up to reference something posted previously it doesnt affect league standings, theres no automatic loss for a red. There are no extra rules apart from basic common sense and fair play. If you can adhere to those its an enjoyable league and good fun, if you cant then maybe its not for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Championship

Round 18

REAL MADRID (sparky360) 4 - 2 INTER MILAN (ckwport)

One Word:

ROBBED

How do those grapes taste batman?!?! they seem a little sour! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

sparky360 wrote: »
    How do those grapes taste batman?!?! they seem a little sour! :D:D:D

Robbed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Everton 1-0 Lyon

Great game here, I hate these close games, I get too nervous towards the end and make loads of mistakes which happened here and thought he was going to score everytime he attacked, luckily I held out for the win.

Everton 0-1 Tottenham (CUP)

As usuall I got beaten by Spurs but it could've been oh so different if I scored in the first couple of minutes when I was clean through, and at the very end was I was clean through, the keeper's parry didn't land at any of my men, ah well, it was a good game anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

NOTICE REGARDING CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES

Hi all,
    Moz has a very viable excuse and needs to finish his league games as soon as possible. Therefore I have given permission to him to conclude all his games this week. So if you are due to play Moz again, you have permission to play this game in addition to your normal fixtures.

I will be on after tonights Champions League game, so if your on Moz, I'll play ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I should be on tonight as well moz so I'll play you then too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I (Liverpool) will go on tonight after the CL also. I have a few games to catch up on so if anyone else is due to play me drop me a line on XBL .

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

Moiph wrote: »
    Premiership:

Lyon(Garak001) 1 - 1 Fiorentina(BassmanMurph85)

Still have to play Garball and Virgil

should be on tonight after united win:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    NOTICE REGARDING CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES

Must be important if you had to post it twice, if only we could find a mod to remove the double post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Nice one Garball I'll be on around 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

CHAMPIONSHIPRound 10 ........................

......... BARCELONA (jerichoholic) 1 v LIVERPOOL (bennyc) 2 .........

Missed a lot of chances in this game and conceded a late goal to make injury time interesting. One point off Aston Villa and third place now with the same amount of games played.

• Advertisement

Barcelona (Dave7g) 2 - 6 (the dunne) Real Madrid

Really enjoyable game. Tight until the second half when everything seemed to go my way

sparky360 wrote: »
    Barcelona (Dave7g) 2 - 6 (the dunne) Real Madrid

Really enjoyable game. Tight until the second half when everything seemed to go my way

Sounds like poor Barcelona were robbed (too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I have to get some luck happening, I'm getting hammered out of it and I'm in last place. There's still time though :(

AC MILAN (livelyjojo) 0 - 5 (the dunne) Real Madrid

Again, it was only 1 nil at half time and Moz had hit the post. Second half was again a case of everything going right for me. Hat-trick for Van Nistelrooy and 2 for Raul

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Championship

AC MILAN (livelyjojo) 0 - 6 Bayern Munich (R0nBurgundee)

Took my chances fairly well, score was pretty flattering though, was a tight enough game til I got my second.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Championship

Aston Villa 3 AC MEEEELAN (livelyjojo) 0

Early goal from a corner and held the lead till the second half with 2 late enough goals to finish it off.
    (The long pause every 10 seconds didnt help the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Thanks FG for letting me get my last few games out of the way.
    I played 4 games tonight:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Round 17
    Milan 0 - 6 Bayern Munich (Ron Burgundee)

Round 19
    Milan 0 - 3 Aston Villa (Reganovski)

Round 21
    Milan 0 - 5 Real Madrid (Sparky 360)

Round 22
    Milan 3 - 1 Barcelona (Dave 7G)

I have 3 games left to play and I need to get them finished before next weekend if possible as I am heading off for a few weeks. I won't be on much in the next week as I have to get my bike ready. So if you are on the list below of people I have yet to play, can you PM me please and let me know when suits ;).
    Ta,

Left to play:
    Arsenal (Deliverance XXV)
    Manchester United (Batesy)
    Inter Milan (Batman IRL)

P/ W/ D/ L/ GF/GA/Pts
    19/ 4/ 2/13/ 20/ 47/14

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

PLTable.jpg?t=1236949414

ChampionshipTable.jpg?t=1236949441

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Championship

Round 18
    Milan 1 - 5 Manchester United (Batesy)

Want slow ass defending and poor finishing ???
    Yep! It HAS to be Milan!
    Lethal finishing by Batesy.

P/ W/ D/ L/ GF/GA/Pts
    20/ 4/ 2/14/ 21/ 52/14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Championship

Man Utd (Batesy2007) 5 - 1 A.C Milan (livelyjojo)

Good game moz! Was a very tight 1st half with Utd going in 1-0 up. The Milan defence seemed to tire in the second half and the pace of the Utd forwards took advantage to knock in another 4.

Milan did get a goal however and were unlucky not to have 1 or 2 more.

Good game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement