Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Still have one game left against Rainyface. When will you be online mate???

Oh and count me in for next season

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Championship

Aston Villa 7 Arsenal (DeliveranceXXV) 1

Took my frustration of the Chelsea V Liverpool game out on Arsenal tonight. My finishing was pretty impeccable.

If I'm not mistaken I think that guarantees me 3rd place in the league.

Whats happened with the cup??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Juve, are you out there?? I'm about 3-4 games away from never having to play as Schalke again! Don't prolong my pain. I don't give a monkeys whether I win, lose or draw now, I just never want to look at Schalke again.

Juve, Sevilla, Pompey, Farcry Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Juve, are you out there?? I'm about 3-4 games away from never having to play as Schalke again! Don't prolong my pain. I don't give a monkeys whether I win, lose or draw now, I just never want to look at Schalke again.

Juve, Sevilla, Pompey, Farcry Boy.

think i have to play ye too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    FG whats the story with the above?

The last table update was posted by Moon on the 27th of March - thats over 2 weeks and in all that time there has been 1 premier league game posted which was by Richie, who didnt even have an xbox till then.

The plan according to the new league thread was to pick teams starting this Friday which seems unlikely to happen. FG you are going to have to make a deadline and a decision on this or it is unlikely that there will be any league. Its all very well people saying they will play and joining up but if they are gonna just abandon it when they arent winning or they are gonna be relegated it just ruins the whole thing. I think at this stage anyone that hasnt played a certain number of games for example 18+ should be dropped from the league so things can progress for those that are actually interested. No one is even posting the fixtures they have left to play.

Next year, I will have a new system in place where there will be less league games at the end of the season and we will all be playing on a fixture by fixture basis for the final few games.

Ok I need to address this. There is NOTHING I can do to make ANYONE finish a game. My hands are completely tied regarding the progression of the league until the players have finished their games.

I have received a total of 16 applications for the new season and just 1 saying they are leaving. That means there are over 20 that havent sent the PM that I have asked for.

There will be a league, but it will not start until people have finished their games.

I cannot drop people that have played less than X number of games becaue these players might be trying to finish their games but they cannot because others will not play them.

• Advertisement

Garball wrote: »

I need to play you, you around tonight?

Has anyone seen Keen (Juventus)?

Garball wrote: »

You do? Ah, didn't know that. Around after the United game?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Keen (Juventus)?

I've seen him (well, perhaps its his brother) online playing COD for ages. I sent loads of Xbox Live messages and PM's to arrange our game the first time around, but I'm not doing all the chasing this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Barcelona, i never see you online dude. When are you able to play our match?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Oh, were we supposed to send a message? I've missed out on a lot of the forum over the last week.

Anyway, I'm in for the next season! Can't wait to get rid of Everton :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well FG its your league, so you are going to have to send a few pms or something to get people to post the games they have left to play and get them out of the way. They havent even done that and not everyone in the league uses boards or looks at it apart from posting results so they probably havent even seen your messages, garball for example has 45 posts in total most of them being his results. Those that have games left to play havent posted anything so without some sort of intervention from you there isnt going to be an end to league as far as i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

well it seems interest has cleary wained in this league as people were initially posting a lot of results and keeping up with the forums.

I understand it must be hard for FG to sort this out as he can't know who has and hasn't tried to play their games.

One option to resolve this might be as follows:

This is the BOARDS league yeah...so nobody really has an excuse for not reading the forum even when they are not posting. So why not post a message to everyone saying that they have to complete their game by a certain date/time. Any games that have not been completed by then, simply get marked down as a draw. If anyone wishes to contest this, give them one week to get their game played. After that, the league simply ends as it is.

I already know that people are going to pick holes in this solution and I am open to criticism but only from those who are willing to suggest a decent alternative...

There was an earlier message from someone saying that they were not going to do the chasing to get their game played but im afraid thats the way it is. We cant all sit back waiting for FG to come up with a simple solution to it all.

Its up to each of us to get in touch with players and get our games played. If there is someone that nobody has been able to contact then why are we all waiting around for weeks on them, take them out of the league altogether. There are lots of us that want to get the next season underway so lets all chip in here and sort this out...;)

I am open to criticism

Criticism commencing.
    So why not post a message to everyone saying that they have to complete their game by a certain date/time. Any games that have not been completed by then, simply get marked down as a draw. If anyone wishes to contest this, give them one week to get their game played.

This is a bad idea. Maybe in some games, people may be more than happy to settle for a draw and could just avoid playing the game altogether. It'd make a laugh of the table.

Then next season, we could end up with people avoiding playing difficult games to the end and just saying "Screw it, I'll wait until the end of season when all games are marked down as draws and take that".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Also for example if Richie has to play Juve (just an example) - Richie is on most nights and looking to play his game, there is no sign of Juve at all so why should Juve get a draw out of it when hes not making any effort to play?

Also you mention people are should be chasing players, I know like me you are finished all your games but FG posted on this thread people were to list the games they had left to play. Hardly anyone has done so, also from his post above hardly anyone has applied for next seasons league which would suggest to me anyways that feck all of them actually follow whats going on here on boards apart from posting their results. During the season I was told I should be posting here to try organise a fixture with Juve and not on xbox but i think we can see that sending a message on xbox or a pm is the only way people are going to notice.

I'd be more inclined to give a victory to the guy trying to play the game than a draw to the guy who decides to ignore invites and messages to play!

It's all a learning curve and has been a very enjoyable and well run league so far!

Roll on next season!

Oh, Richie I'll play you whenever you want, I'll be glad to get my games out of the way and start fresh next season! I have to play Udinese too, any sign of him around here lately?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Oh, Richie I'll play you whenever you want, I'll be glad to get my games out of the way and start fresh next season! I have to play Udinese too, any sign of him around here lately?

I'll send you an invite at some point tonight. Starting fresh will be the right job.

Is that tumbleweed i see running through the thread of results and fixtures?
    Where are peoples posts with the games they have to play? Moon any chance you have a list handy, i think you had something like this previously?
    Today was supposed to be the start of picking teams for Season 4.

Where are peoples posts with the games they have to play? Moon any chance you have a list handy, i think you had something like this previously?
    Today was supposed to be the start of picking teams for Season 4.

I have everything in work, I'm off all this week, so I wont be able to put up whats left till Monday!

Oh i wouldnt worry about it I cant see people rushing on to play their games before Monday, stick it up when you get a chance and we can try get this sorted.

Ps if you are off all week you would think you could get your games played instead of playing that crap Farcry 2 :P

No, its man fluff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Were we supposed to send a PM to apply for next season as well? I just kinda figured those who were in the league so far were staying on. I definitely want to play in the next season anyway.

Indeed we were.....we are also supposed to post here any games we have left to play and organise them to be finished..before today actually as we were supposed to be done and dusted and picking new teams starting today..for the benefit of those (a lot) who seemed to have missed things

There is a sticky at the top of the forum about next season..read that for info regarding signing up and sending pms etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

:mad::mad::mad:
    Have been waiting for well over a month for my last game against Arsenal (Deliverance XXV). Finally tonight we get it on and my connection dies after 1 minute.
    "cannot connect to EA server at this time, please try again later" Boll*x.
    :mad::mad::mad:

Just wondering can we play this again or do I suffer an EA enforced 3-0 defeat as my last league game?

I've been sitting here on a fine sunny afternoon working of plans for the leagues going forward.

I have a solution to the fixtures which should work out in everyones best interest, and I have also another idea which will prevent this fromhappening in future leagues.

First things first.

I am looking for a total of four (4) people to come on board to help with the running the leagues. While I am happy to have started it and that, I do see that there is no way it can go on without alot of help.

So I am looking for 4 people who will each be the admin for 1 of the 4 leagues. These admins will be responsible for posting fixtures and ensuring that everything runs smoothly in their section. I will maintain overall control of the league and will have the final sday on any matters relationg to the structure of the competition.

People who have interest in these positions must be able to commit to a few hours a week and must enjoy doing it! I cant afford to have someone get bored of it and drop out.

I'll offer my services to help out with whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I'll help out with this too...Im really itched to get the new season up and running.

I'll offer my services

DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING!!!!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING!!!!

Oh ya always the wise guy, you gonna offer to help or maybe you should put your time into finishing your games :P

Im really itched to get the new season up and running.

You can get a cream for that..just be careful you dont pick up Mr Moons lube by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I'll offer to do some administration if you like FG. I'd actually enjoy it and thanks to the auld recession, time is not something I am short of. I'm all for helping out. PM me if you need me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Im in for the next season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement