Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I can play tonight. Had exams and essays building up for ages in the past month and now I've got a week of grace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I can't stress this enough especially to Richie, if you see me online playing any game, send me a message and I'll play, I'm not playing the game at the minute but don't want to be on waiting for people!!

You know, here's a craaaaaaaaaazy idea, but you could actually send me a message to try and arrange the game instead of sitting back and waiting ;)

I'm off to grab a kebab, but I'll be on from around 9.30 to 11 at least (possibly later but my eyes are killing me). I'll be stalking people (in DuffleCoat style :) ) as appropriate if they are online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    You know, here's a craaaaaaaaaazy idea, but you could actually send me a message to try and arrange the game instead of sitting back and waiting ;)

You and your crazy ideas you crazy fool :rolleyes:

I'll be stalking people (in DuffleCoat style :) ) as appropriate if they are online.

:D

RichieMUFC 7-0 v1rg1l
    Schalke 04 vs Portsmouth

What a ridiculous, ridiculous game. For the first 30 minutes, I don't think I've ever been so violated in a game before. He missed two chances from a couple of a yards out that were absolute sitters, then he hit the post twice. I was all over the shop.

Then, somehow I find myself 3-0 up at half time after scoring 3 in 5 mins. I think I pressed the rape button? Such an unjust scoreline. Second half was better stuff.

Although, now I remember why Schalke annoy me. Cross the ball, Farfan, all he had to do was turn and smash it from 7 yards, he tries this ridiculous backheel, and basically passes it back to the goalkeeper.

Afraid no one else is around at the moment. Might go offline for a while and try again later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Everton 1-0 Udinese

Well this was looking like a nil nil all the way till Felaini got his mop onto a corner in injury time to nick the win :)

Just richie to play, I think he was online last night but was showing as been offline!! Tut tut Richie you avoiding me??? :p

• Advertisement

Just richie to play, I think he was online last night but was showing as been offline!! Tut tut Richie you avoiding me??? :p

Wow, wait, what? You were online and looking to play a game? I posted what times I was online and you weren't on. virgil was and I played him.. nobody else was on. What time will you be on tonight? After the Champions League? I'll be online then.

Edit: Hmmm, I did check xbox.com when I read your post tho, and I did get 3 you there type messages from 3 different people nearly all at the same though....bit unusual.

Wow, wait, what? You were online and looking to play a game? I posted what times I was online and you weren't on. virgil was and I played him.. nobody else was on. What time will you be on tonight? After the Champions League? I'll be online then.

Edit: Hmmm, I did check xbox.com when I read your post tho, and I did get 3 you there type messages from 3 different people nearly all at the same though....bit unusual.

I'm playing real football tonight myself, don't think I'll make it on but should be on tomorrow after Utd match!

On the league screen there was a tick by your name to say you were online but on my friends list you were offline for an hour!! That might explain why you got the you there messages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Everton 1-0 Udinese

Well this was looking like a nil nil all the way till Felaini got his mop onto a corner in injury time to nick the win :)

Hard to say how annoyed I was at this. Missed such an open goal it wasn't even funny. Only 3 games left to play now, two against Juve who just are never there so it's only Portsmouth. Who is Portsmouth?

Also, FG said that my first match with Portsmouth was never recorded but I defintely played them and i'm almost 100% sure I won 3-1 or 3-2

I'm playing real football tonight myself, don't think I'll make it on but should be on tomorrow after Utd match!

Well I hope Celtic, Sevilla and Juve are on tonight and you will be my last game so. That'd be the job.
    On the league screen there was a tick by your name to say you were online but on my friends list you were offline for an hour!! That might explain why you got the you there messages!!

Oh bollocks, ghosting. Thought this only happened with my msn. That could explain it.

It might explain why I got an invite from some lad called the montoler (or something like that) while I was checking xbox.com at work one day. He must have sat there for 2 mins too. It's like, eh boss, I'm not even in the same county as my xbox, nevermind being online and playing fifa. Really weird.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Hard to say how annoyed I was at this. Missed such an open goal it wasn't even funny. Only 3 games left to play now, two against Juve who just are never there so it's only Portsmouth. Who is Portsmouth?

Also, FG said that my first match with Portsmouth was never recorded but I defintely played them and i'm almost 100% sure I won 3-1 or 3-2

My guys defended like troopers so they did!!

Virgil is Pompey!

• Advertisement

Virgil is Pompey!

I could make a joke, but I'll resist.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I could make a joke, but I'll resist.

Resistance is futile..give in..do it ..do it...make the joke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    Resistance is futile..give in..do it ..do it...make the joke

Stop being such a Star Trek nerd. You big nerd. I bet you're going to see the new movie with Spok ears and I bet you love Captain Kirk as well. Nerd!1!!!11!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Stop being such a Star Trek nerd. You big nerd. I bet you're going to see the new movie with Spok ears and I bet you love Captain Kirk as well. Nerd!1!!!11!

Star what now? Go organise some more tournaments ya big nerd! Also when you are on here answer my post at the top of the thread, for a mod you dont check many of the posts. Must be too busy being a tournament organising nerd on Street Fighter..;)

P.S you getting a proper fighting game, UFC Undisputed, and organising a tournament in that??? ( If you do ill stop giving you hassle about getting this one finished :D)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I bet you love Captain Kirk as well.

Captain Kirk? This is Axwell.... I bet Captain Caw-ak is more up his alley....:P

Anyways...

RichieMUFC 1-1 marshjem
    Schalke vs Sevilla

Oh well, I went 1-0, missed a sitter during an even second half. Then he got a rebound from a chip. Kanoute jumped for it, where as my two defenders standing on the spot where the ball was dropping didn't even jump and let him head it in when I was hammered the button. I wasn't happy, but I don't mind really. Another game out of the way, and one more before I can say goodbye to Schalke!

Captain Kirk? This is Axwell.... I bet Captain Caw-ak is more up his alley....:P

No thanks, but bet you have had a few men in uniform up your back alley before ;):D..and that includes mr lube :P
    let him head it in when I was hammered

This could be why you let in a goal...drinking while playing just doesnt work

Bubs101 wrote: »

Can I get a ruling on what score I can put down for this match??

One of the prerequisites for the league was that people recorded their results after matches were played.

Neither player recorded it so unless both players agreed it ended with a certain score, the result will be voided. Thus, the importance of the players posting the results.

Portsmouth vs Udinese? Just mark it down as a loss for Everton sure, and everyone will be happy.

Portsmouth vs Udinese? Just mark it down as a loss for Everton sure, and everyone will be happy.

Sounds fair to me. :D

FG can I get a ruling on post 885 (will use mr lubes lingo to see if it gets you to look at it this time..)

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Sounds fair to me. :D

FG can I get a ruling on post 885 (will use mr lubes lingo to see if it gets you to look at it this time..)

I am hoping it wont come to that to be honest because it gets sticky then. Everyone has told me they can finish games before the weekend. I'm extending the deadline to Sunday evening to accomodate 2 people with heavy exam/work loads.

By default, people who are not making an effort will get a 3-0 loss for their games. But from what I have seen, it wont be a problem.

Okey doke...and what about the UFC bit, you gonna get a proper fighting game? :D

Moon & Garball have both told me they will be online tonight, so I'll nearly be done then.

Bring on the next season, with a different squad of retards, I say!

Moon & Garball have both told me they will be online tonight, so I'll nearly be done then.

Bring on the next season, with a different squad of retards, I say!

It's still looking like slim pickings for us up at the top!! :(

Tut tut Richie you avoiding me??? :p

Sorry Moon, what was that? I seem to remember you posting in size 7 font after our first game, so getting a little payback now ;)

TEN MEN, WE'VE ONLY GOT TEN MEN, WE'VE ONLY GOT TEN MEN...

Schalke 3-1 Everton

Had a lad sent off, he took the ball off me in the corner, I went to cross it, but when I lost the ball, the press of X to cross the ball turned into a ****ing slide tackle on a lad who didn't even had the ball.

Celtic 0-4 Schalke

One game left vs Juve, whenever he is around.

Celtic 0-4 Schalke

One game left vs Juve, whenever he is around.

Ask his brother whos always on playing cod4 on his xbox :D

Sorry Moon, what was that? I seem to remember you posting in size 7 font after our first game, so getting a little payback now ;)

TEN MEN, WE'VE ONLY GOT TEN MEN, WE'VE ONLY GOT TEN MEN...

Schalke 3-1 Everton

Had a lad sent off, he took the ball off me in the corner, I went to cross it, but when I lost the ball, the press of X to cross the ball turned into a ****ing slide tackle on a lad who didn't even had the ball.

Disgraceful play!! Lucky it wasn't in an early match or I'd be looking for blood, you should be omitted from the league for tackles like that!! And to come on here singing about the fact you are a dirty player!!! FOR SHAME!! :p

Anyhoo Everton 1-3 Schalke all my games finished 3rd place for me :)

It's still looking like slim pickings for us up at the top!! :(

Unhappy with Everton? It'd be good if Everton were the weakest team in the Prem next season, they are decent enough. Its slim pickings after them though, hard to bridge the gap between some teams. As in, Portsmouth vs someone like Juve, Lyon, its very hard to turn that around.

One game left, so I think I'm stuck in second regardless. There must be feck all games left now? Bring on the team picks!

• Advertisement

Celtic v Portsmouth
    Celtic v Juventus
    Juventus v Schalke 04
    Udinese v Portsmouth x2
    Lyon v Juventus x2
    Juventus v Udinese x2

Bad form by Juve here!!

I'm not even going to post the Championship Fixtures, you guys obviously have fully lost interest in playing the remaining fixtures!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement