Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I was actually thinking that i't might be better to find a list of the tip 40 rated clubs and assign clubs to the players based on their rank. Opinions?

Hmmmm. Hmmmmm.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I thought of mentioning this before, but then decided against it.

It has the potential to be incredibly successful or fall flat on its face. Its fairly subjective too. You'd need to have people who know most teams inside out.

It could be great if you could choose to swap your assigned clubs with people, but if I get say, Villarreal, and I would prefer to play as say, Ipswich Town, I'd be fairly pissed off if I couldn't get to use a team I like, and am stuck with a club I dislike.

Could be interesting. Could be terrible.

I'm all on for this...it was successful last time.

I will create another thread for this so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As much as I'd love to start Monday, it wont happen.

I would hope that even if you dont get to start the team selections on Monday you are still wrapping this up Sunday regardless of whats left to be played.

Its only the teams at the bottom left to play and tonight both Garball and Virgil were both on at the same time playing different games, not sure if they got to play their match or not but the chance was there to get it out of the way.

In fairness its a bank holiday weekend so the chances of people being around are probably slim but i think enough chances have been given at this stage FG.

I was actually thinking that i't might be better to find a list of the tip 40 rated clubs and assign clubs to the players based on their rank. Opinions?

This could be interesting but I feel as Richie said there is the possibility for it to fall flat on its face down to the fact that finding 40 teams and then assigning them will leave the current premiership with very weak teams.

I was speaking to Richie about this and we were saying that maybe it would be good to divide the 40 teams into groups of 10, strongest to weakest and the league players the same based on their ranking. Then randomly assign the 10 teams in that league to the 10 players.

Axwell wrote: »
    I was speaking to Richie about this and we were saying that maybe it would be good to divide the 40 teams into groups of 10, strongest to weakest and the league players the same based on their ranking. Then randomly assign the 10 teams in that league to the 10 players.

I think this is a decent idea. It would keep the player skill / team skills fairly well aligned but it would speed up the team picking process and generally keep things interesting. Instead of two weeks picking teams, it would take one day to assign teams.

Maybe a two day window after teams are assigned to swap/negotiate/haggle with the other players (in your 10 team category only). Once the league starts, no swaps under any circumstances.

That would mean we could start the league a week and a half earlier than we will if we have to go through the painful one by one process and still give the weakest teams to the best players are vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Cant we just keep our teams as they are?

The teams were origionally picked on how they ranked in the qualify table.
    Can we not just keep it for everyone to keep their teams.
    If we give out teams depending on rank in total then it wouldnt make a difference what team we have now because its down to how we play rather than what team we use.

Plus it will speed up everything which means we can start playing sooner and we dont have this hasstle everytime the seasons over...Im sick of waiting :mad:.

Ok I never seen the post above me....That sounds like a better idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Bubs101 (Udinese) 1 - 7 (Portsmouth) v1rg1l

I have no idea who Im up against next, UT has me ruined! Richie, did you post our score from the other day ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs101 (Udinese) 1 - 7 (Portsmouth) v1rg1l

I have no idea who Im up against next, UT has me ruined! Richie, did you post our score from the other day ?

not my best game, couldn't even finish off three one on ones. Probably my best goal though.

BTW, great goal on the throw in.

Just Juve to play now. haven't heard from him in ages

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Scroll back a few pages and you would have the answers to both these baffling questions..:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Bubs101 wrote: »
    not my best game, couldn't even finish off three one on ones. Probably my best goal though.

BTW, great goal on the throw in.

Just Juve to play now. haven't heard from him in ages

Did you talk to him about your first game? I can't put the score in till I know what the score was and I asked here for a ruling!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Regarding the picking of teams, I like the idea of being assigned a team the way richie was talking about!!

Richie, did you post our score from the other day ?

Yep, should be lerking around a page or two back there somewhere.

Also, I was talking to Axwell last night about maybe spending a few hours putting together some php that would maintain the tables seperately (would save Moon doing it), and where people could go and enter results.

Could get fancy and generate fixtures too, It'd mean that the league would basically run itself.

No saying I'll do any of this, but if I had some free time, it could be useful.

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

Also, I was talking to Axwell last night about maybe spending a few hours putting together some php that would maintain the tables seperately (would save Moon doing it), and where people could go and enter results.

Could get fancy and generate fixtures too, It'd mean that the league would basically run itself.

Also we talked about putting something together that would do a live selection of the teams once we had been given the teams in the league and the players then assign them to groups and let the script randomly assign a team to a person. Then it would output one of these results every 5 minutes for example making it like a live draw and publish them to a webpge.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Regarding the picking of teams, I like the idea of being assigned a team the way richie was talking about!!

You mean Richie and I talked about :rolleyes::P

The only part i dont agree with is the negotiations of teams because it will lead to people getting annoyed because such and such wont give swap with them and give them the team they want, its better to just assign them and say thats who you get.

The only part i dont agree with is the negotiations of teams because it will lead to people getting annoyed because such and such wont give swap with them and give them the team they want, its better to just assign them and say thats who you get.

Nah, I would say this has to be part of it. It would make no sense if I get a team Moon likes, he gets a team I like, and we couldn't swap. We'd both end up being pissed with our retard teams, when a simple swap would sort us both out.
    Also we talked about putting something together that would do a live selection of the teams once we had been given the teams in the league and the players then assign them to groups and let the script randomly assign a team to a person. Then it would output one of these results every 5 minutes for example making it like a live draw and publish them to a webpge.

This would be good, but better to do the most useful stuff first

This would be good, but better to do the most useful stuff first

If by useful you mean make Moon redundant from making a mess of the tables...then agreed we should do that first :D

If by useful you mean make Moon redundant from making a mess of the tables...

Harsh

Harsh

But fair..:D

But fair..:D

Touché

Touché

Could have sworn i got him in a silver pack in Ultimate Team

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Well lads, it looks like there is still plenty of interest in getting Season 4 off the ground so here's my suggestion.

I have set up a league online at LeagueRepublic which will generate fixtures, maintain tables, run a cup across all leagues, and basically cut out a lot of the hassle of running this thing. The only job that would need to be done would be that all results would need to be added to the system. This is fairly quick and painless and myself and Moon could take care of it no problem.

What we need though, is FG to give us a list of who is in what division next year and we also need someone to come up with the top 40 teams split into groups of 10 as per the earlier discussion. FG could then assign the teams out and give me the info. I could have this thing up and running fairly fast as I have a bit of time over the next few days to get it done.

Anyone any comments....agree/disagree.....anyone fancy working out the teams and rankings??

UEFA rankings seem to work like this...not sure people will wanna do it this way...

1 FC Barcelona
    2 Chelsea
    3 Manchester United
    4 Liverpool
    5 Arsenal
    6 Sevilla
    7 AC Milan
    8 Bayern Munchen
    9 Werder Bremen
    10 AS Roma
    11 Olympique Lyon
    12 Internazionale
    13 Hamburger SV
    14 Real Madrid
    15 Villarreal
    16 Zenit St. Petersburg
    17 Shakhtar Donetsk Ukr
    18 FC Porto
    19 Tottenham Hotspur
    20 PSV Eindhoven
    21 Benfica
    22 Schalke
    23 Espanyol
    24 Glasgow Rangers
    25 Valencia
    26 Olympique Marseille
    27 CSKA Moscow
    28 Ajax
    29 Sporting CP Lisbon
    30 Panathinaikos
    31 Steaua Bucuresti
    32 Fenerbache
    33 Juventus
    34 FC Basel
    35 Fiorentina
    36 Atletico Madrid
    37 AZ Alkmaar
    38 Girondins Bordeaux
    39 Olympiakos Piraeus
    40 Bayer Leverkusen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

i think the idea of FG using an automated thing would be easier on him, alot less hassle.

However the idea of the best players getting the best teams is a bit . I know i could be higher in the qual league but for lack of people being online. However i think a fair idea is everyone picks a number between 1 and 40. But we pick the teams who we feel should be in the league. So say i pick arsenal. As i would want to be them in the league. But i know i may not get them but i " feel " they should be in the league.

Hard to understand but :P

• Advertisement

I have set up a league online at LeagueRepublic which will generate fixtures, maintain tables, run a cup across all leagues, and basically cut out a lot of the hassle of running this thing.

Everyone will be able to see this? If so, sounds good and less work for me.

I don't mind coming up with a list of the top 40. I've used nearly every team that are 4 star and above. That UEFA ranking system is absolute rubbish.
    SDTimeout wrote: »
    However the idea of the best players getting the best teams is a bit .

I don't see how you could possibly see that the best players are getting the best teams? The best players won't be anywhere near the 5 star sides.

Having the four categories of 10 times, and randomly assigning players is pretty fair. You then give the players a short window to swap if they want to. You can then divide it up into divisions in whatever way.

At the end of the day, the better players will have the likes of Sporting Lisbon and the players at the other end of the scale will have United.

If FG wanted to be ultra paranoid about it, we could divide it up into groups of 8 groups of 5 and assign randomly that way.

Then you could have Group 1 (players ranked between 40-35) & Group 2 (players ranked between 30-35) in the same division.

Group 1 would be (for example):
    Man United
    Barcelona
    Inter Milan
    Chelsea
    Arsenal

Group 2 would be (for example):
    Liverpool
    Real Madrid
    AC Milan
    Valencia
    Bayern Munich

The reason I say grouping by 10 is better than by 5. Look at the teams, anybody can argue that they prefer Real Madrid to Chelsea. Grouping by 5 is more subjective to whoever is making the groups. Group by 10 also gives the option to people to potenitally swap with 9 other teams.

Then you can slice the divisions however you like based on what teams people have.
    i know i may not get them but i " feel " they should be in the league.

This is never going to work? I "feel" Ispwich Town should be in the league. That means I have a 39/40 chance of screwing someone over, and a 1/40 chance of screwing myself over.

I have set up a league online at LeagueRepublic which will generate fixtures, maintain tables, run a cup across all leagues, and basically cut out a lot of the hassle of running this thing.

Sounds like you have already gone ahead and set it up regardless instead of suggesting it as a possibility. :D
    If FG wants to do it this way I dont mind, less work for me and Richie and our original suggestions so work away.

The UEFA rankings are rubbish so we need the 40 teams from the game based on their rating, I think Richie did a list out before which was more or less this.
    The important part here is since the teams probably have changed in ranking since the update to the squads the current ranking wouldnt be correct as when we start the league the teams refer back to the teams pre jan update. So the list of 40 teams will have to be from pre jan update to be accurate.

However the idea of the best players getting the best teams is a bit . I know i could be higher in the qual league but for lack of people being online.

What are you on about? This is never the way the league was run or is planned to be. The weaker people have been given the better teams. The 40 teams would be in groups of ten with the better teams assigned beginning at the upper end of the league i.e. at 40..and then running down to the better players ending at 1.

Today was the last day for games so I assume this is still the case and we can do up final tables and then sort out the relegations etc and get things moving on what 40 teams we have (if we have 40 players FG will have to let us know) and then the assigning of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Dont forget about us ones whove qualified! I won all my qualifying games about 12 I think with Liverpool. Yaaaay for me :P

I actually have gotten pretty **** at it the last while though not sure what the reason is ( I think player form thing has alot to do with it as what I used to be able to do with Torres he just falls over now and crappy defending mistakes where I feel I cant control what there doing at times!)

But anyways im dying to get this going!

joe123 wrote: »
    Dont forget about us ones whove qualified! I won all my qualifying games about 12 I think with Liverpool. Yaaaay for me :P

Eh yaay for you :rolleyes: Will wait and see how well you do in the actual league though when you dont have Liverpool because like i said previously to you on many occassions winning games with Liverpool and United etc doesnt make you great, its being able to win with weaker teams. Id say stop blowing your own trumpet and wait and see how you do in the league before coming on posting how great you are.

Sounds like you have already gone ahead and set it up regardless instead of suggesting it as a possibility. :D
    If FG wants to do it this way I dont mind, less work for me and Richie and our original suggestions so work away.

The UEFA rankings are rubbish so we need the 40 teams from the game based on their rating, I think Richie did a list out before which was more or less this.
    The important part here is since the teams probably have changed in ranking since the update to the squads the current ranking wouldnt be correct as when we start the league the teams refer back to the teams pre jan update. So the list of 40 teams will have to be from pre jan update to be accurate.

What are you on about? This is never the way the league was run or is planned to be. The weaker people have been given the better teams. The 40 teams would be in groups of ten with the better teams assigned beginning at the upper end of the league i.e. at 40..and then running down to the better players ending at 1.

Today was the last day for games so I assume this is still the case and we can do up final tables and then sort out the relegations etc and get things moving on what 40 teams we have (if we have 40 players FG will have to let us know) and then the assigning of these.

Yeah, I have set up the base for the league but all the work is in adding all the teams and players so when you pass me that info, I will be happy to look after it. Everyone will be able to see the site that has the league on it, they will be able to see updated tables, previous results and upcoming and outstanding fixtures. It should be a lot easier from there.

You are right about the UEFA top 40 though, it makes no sense, but I just thought I would post it so you could see the difficulty around selecting them.

We do need input from FG on this though cos the league is supposed to close today and then we should be able to fire ahead with the new one..

Well from what I gather FG is talking about having a number of people involved looking after the leagues etc so it would probably require they have access to this to edit results, update them etc for each league.

Richie has a list but hes away for the weekend so im sure he will post that when he gets back, as i said it was made pre jan update so its probably the best to go buy.

Once FG gets back on this we will know more but it should speed things up, we just need to clarify numbers aswell and see whos in what league.

I will share edit access with anyone that needs it no problem. The whole thing seems very easy to manage though which is good. Myself, Moon and anyone else taking responsibility can look after the results.

Here is what the page looks like....obviously there is no info in there yet...

http://boardsprem.leaguerepublic.com

You can see all divisions from here, and you can also see the cup tournament.

By the way...I won my last cup match for last season but was never told who I was supposed to play next!! Is this just going to be forgotten now?

The cups on hold till the league gets sorted. Like i said FG was putting a team in place so whos on it and looks after things is up to him.

Had a quick look, it looks grand. See what FG thinks and then can go from there.

The UEFA ones are awful. Juve are the same quality as Basel? Basel are better than Athletico Madrid?

Sums UEFA up. Platini as a nutjob!

• Advertisement

In hindsight to the above, maybe it would be better to scrap the cup competition that was started because some players wont be continuing in the new season. We could start it fresh with the new season and put it into the leaguerepublic system the same as the league and run it from there properly..

Awaiting FG's thoughts on all of the above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement