Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

OK Come on FG....you have all the support you need now.......lets get this show on the road...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The cup wont be scrapped as there are people who have a great interest in it.

Regarding the new league tables, I will discuss with Mr. Moon who is in charge of all the tables etc. I must say, it does look good and seems to make it easier to track results.

Regarding team selection, we wont be using the Uefa rankings because they have little to do with the teams in Fifa. Beside, who would want to play with Steaua Bucuresti and Basel etc. And with Juve ranked in the thirties, it means that some players will have a significant advantage.

When we chose teams for Serie A/B,we did block cloosing which sped things up significantly. I may use this. Once people sign up, they will have read the schedule of the sign-up. If someone misses their opportunity, they will be assigned what is considered the next team available.

While we are getting things ready, please enjoy the preseason league everyone and we will have everything set in stone soon.

OK Come on FG....you have all the support you need now.......lets get this show on the road...

Ok, you are new to the leagues so I'll say it agin. We are going to wait until we are satified with every detail...there are very few leagues with 50 people actively playing...the reason is that things get rushed and it falls apart.

Once I am satisfied that everything is in place, I will begin. No sooner.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ok, you are new to the leagues so I'll say it agin. We are going to wait until we are satified with every detail...there are very few leagues with 50 people actively playing...the reason is that things get rushed and it falls apart.

Once I am satisfied that everything is in place, I will begin. No sooner.

sssooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... I am new to the league and I wasnt trying to rush you...was just trying to help....

sssooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... I am new to the league and I wasnt trying to rush you...was just trying to help....

No problem mate, I know you are very eager to get cracking and I dont blame you for a second. Most people are the same. I just dont want to let anyone down by launching something that isn't ready :)

• Advertisement

Oh I know we are not ready...not by a long shot..but if we can close off season 3 today, I think with all the support we have for the next season we can be up and running pretty soon...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cheers for the update FG looking forward to getting this going again.

Duffle chill a bit we are all anxious to get going again, FG has replied and is making the effort to wrap it up and progress with the next season. Its bad timing that its a bank holiday weekend. Theres not much he can do about the others that dont play their games, unfortunately not everyone is as dedicated as you and I to getting their games played on time. :D

Axwell wrote: »
    Cheers for the update FG looking forward to getting this going again.

Duffle chill a bit we are all anxious to get going again, FG has replied and is making the effort to wrap it up and progress with the next season. Its bad timing that its a bank holiday weekend. Theres not much he can do about the others that dont play their games, unfortunately not everyone is as dedicated as you and I to getting their games played on time. :D

Hey people, I am perfectly chilled...I wasnt trying to be pushy....

I can wait for FG to sort out what he needs to...I just wanted him to know we were all there to help...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I just wanted him to know we were all there to help...

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

ax, whats the story with the club games? Died a death? Getting a bit sick of UT, all the newbies and points whores ruining it for me. I did manage to get both Andy Keogh and Clinton Morrison up to 99 though, and now working on young Will Flood (<-- that sounds wrong I know)...

Anyone up for a club match later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Also, anyone who has yet to play me in the league, feel free to send me an invite today!

ax, whats the story with the club games? Died a death?

Nope, just my xbox died a while back and then UT came out at that stage so people were playing that. Also the league was to be finished up so it just was on hold. Was saying to Richie about it the other night, it will be running again just maybe not today.
    now working on young Will Flood (<-- that sounds wrong I know)...

So very very wrong.

Ps the league is supposed to be over since yesterday, you would want to check with FG before playing any of your remaining games, you might be too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Eh yaay for you :rolleyes: Will wait and see how well you do in the actual league though when you dont have Liverpool because like i said previously to you on many occassions winning games with Liverpool and United etc doesnt make you great, its being able to win with weaker teams. Id say stop blowing your own trumpet and wait and see how you do in the league before coming on posting how great you are.

Dude you have a serious chip on your shoulder. It always seems to be you always telling me "oh your Liverpool who cant win with them". I only pick liverpool because I support them and I have fun playing with them. Ive said many times how lucky I was in some of my games and ive happily admitted myself that ill probably be useless with other teams. Hell even when I pick the likes of Barca im not that good with them.

Its only a bit of fun chillax would ya :rolleyes:

Anyways just wondering when abouts will people be selecting a team? Would be handy just to know what team you are to get a bit of practice in.

joe123 wrote: »
    Dude you have a serious chip on your shoulder. It always seems to be you always telling me "oh your Liverpool who cant win with them". I only pick liverpool because I support them and I have fun playing with them. Ive said many times how lucky I was in some of my games and ive happily admitted myself that ill probably be useless with other teams. Hell even when I pick the likes of Barca im not that good with them.

Its only a bit of fun chillax would ya :rolleyes:

Anyways just wondering when abouts will people be selecting a team? Would be handy just to know what team you are to get a bit of practice in.

"Dude" I have no chip on my shoulder, im just suprised your head managed to fit in the forum with your comments like "I won all my qualifying games about 12 I think with Liverpool. Yaaaay for me" - thats great you won all your games. All i said was when the league starts and you dont get Liverpool things might be different so I would wait till then before proclaiming how amazing you are to the entire forum.

It is only a bit of fun and no one is going to forget about you or the other people qualifying. In fact we are trying to help FG where possible to get the whole thing started as soon as we can. Now go play as some other teams and get some practice and chillax while we work it all out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

"Dude" I have no chip on my shoulder, im just suprised your head managed to fit in the forum with your comments like "I won all my qualifying games about 12 I think with Liverpool. Yaaaay for me" - thats great you won all your games. All i said was when the league starts and you dont get Liverpool things might be different so I would wait till then before proclaiming how amazing you are to the entire forum.

It is only a bit of fun and no one is going to forget about you or the other people qualifying. In fact we are trying to help FG where possible to get the whole thing started as soon as we can. Now go play as some other teams and get some practice and chillax while we work it all out ;)

Well seeing as I was only having a bit of fun when i said it. A "yaaay for me" aint exactly wow im great now is it.

Its only fifa my bad if I enjoy playing with the club I support. All I wanted to know (as well as some others) was whats happening. No need for you to get all pissy about it.

Il make sure I give you the win when I play you incase you get to angry about your inevitable loss against me :p

joe123 wrote: »
    Il make sure I give you the win when I play you incase you get to angry about your inevitable loss against me :p

You prob wont get to play me because you are in the other league, but if you did you probably wouldnt have liverpool and would loose anyways :D

FG is working out the plans at the minute with regards to numbers going to be playing, myself and Richie are putting together a list of teams available for selection and Duffle and Moon have a league system we may be using so things are moving along it will take a few days for it to be all sorted. There is a pre season league being setup which you can join and practice in if you wish. Will post details up later when its setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

So the league is over then.

It was extended from Friday to Sunday so Juventus could play the rest of his matches. Surprisingly enough he has played zero.

So, now its time for FG to follow through on his post last week. Are we going to be giving wins to the people who refused to play their games?

We are 3-4 games away from 100% completion of the Premiership. If it takes a few more days to do so, I prefer that. Richie, I think you have a game to play against Bubs. But if both of ye told me ye play but the other one didn't make the effort. What should I do? Who do I believe?

Juventus has been away for 4 weeks and is suffering massive problems with his connections. If I give myself the wins, I am saved and someone else gets relegated. if I give him the wins, someone else gets relegated. What would you suggest?

None of these are problems if we finish the leagues. There are people in the Championship that will not be competing because they are 5-7 games behind and I have heard nothing.

There is a sign up sheet now posted. People can only sign up if they have at least 21 games completed.

There was a deadline posted, people didnt play their games by it therefore the remaining games should be void and the results as of 12 midnight on Sunday should be the final standings. You made the closing date yourself FG for Friday and extended it to Sunday, people were given ample amount of time to finish their games by now. If they havent well then its their loss and they will know better next time. Personally i think the tables should be calculated at close of Season as of Sunday night and whatever way they stand then is final.
    Bubs and Mackeral Man have the most games left to play, if one of them loses out and gets relegated its their own fault at this stage for not finishing their games FG. If Mackeral Mans connection is dodgey then hes not going to get them played any day soon anyways. I didnt have an xbox at one stage because mine was sent off and borrowed my mates to finish my games, Dufflecoat joined late and got his out of the way, if we could manage to play all of ours within the circumstances why couldnt everyone else?

Richie, I think you have a game to play against Bubs.

Nope, I just have to play Juve.

You gave Juve an extra 2 days to play his games, and he has played 0 in that time. I've nothing against him, but when is enough, enough? Ya know.

• Advertisement

I have had a look at the tables and I have come to a decision. The league is over with the exception of one outstanding problem.

Celtic, Juventus and XXXXX are relegated to the Championship.

Real, Bayern and Villa are all promoted to the Premiership.

The XXXXX is either Bubs or Smchelhinney.

Bubs, I believe you when you say that you beat Porthsmouth in the earlier game but neither of you registered the result as was asked when the season started. Therefore, its both of your fault for not registering the score.

My solution is as follows. One game, loser gets relegated. Ye have both until Wednesday midnight to finish this game. If I do not see an effort being made by one player, that person is relegated. If neither person attempts to finish it, both of ye are relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I got a new phone point installed and bought an extended phone cable there today. I understand that my outstanding games were considered loses. It took ages for Eircom to sort the phone point out.

MackerelMan

Real, Bayern and Barcelona are all promoted to the Premiership.

Shouldnt that be Villa? Barcelona were bottom

Barcelona are all promoted to the Premiership.

Nice to see you are keeping everyone guessing with your next move as always. Nobody expect Barca who are bottom of the Championship after playing about 5 games to get promoted. ;)

keen wrote: »
    I got a new phone point installed and bought an extended phone cable there today. I understand that my outstanding games were considered loses. It took ages for Eircom to sort the phone point out.

MackerelMan

Thanks for the effort mate, it's noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs, I believe you when you say that you beat Porthsmouth in the earlier game but neither of you registered the result as was asked when the season started. Therefore, its both of your fault for not registering the score.

My solution is as follows. One game, loser gets relegated. Ye have both until Wednesday midnight to finish this game. If I do not see an effort being made by one player, that person is relegated. If neither person attempts to finish it, both of ye are relegated.

The league table in the actual league has recorded the win (I had one replayed match which I got three points out of that I shouldn't have)and Virgil has one more loss than he has in Moon's table. Surely that's proof enough and I posted ages ago that I beat him but couldn't remember the score. We're both online now so I'll challenge him but considering I lost the last game 7-1 and I clearly won the first game I think this is very unfair

Its like mad max 3..thunderdome..2 men enter..1 man leave....or get relegated

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The league table in the actual league has recorded the win (I had one replayed match which I got three points out of that I shouldn't have)and Virgil has one more loss than he has in Moon's table. Surely that's proof enough and I posted ages ago that I beat him but couldn't remember the score. We're both online now so I'll challenge him but considering I lost the last game 7-1 and I clearly won the first game I think this is very unfair

Am checking this now...

Am checking this now...

I think they are in the middle of playing this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its like mad max 3..thunderdome..2 men enter..1 man leave....or get relegated

Class!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement