Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Virgil lies in a pool of blood in the thunderdome with 6 proverbial bullet wounds compared to my two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Annihilated. In my defence....

Actually scratch that.. there was no one in my defence.

Annihilated. In my defence....

Actually scratch that.. there was no one in my defence.

It was nowhere near as bad as my 7-1 though. Pretty much one of us seems to play well while the other collapses

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well done both of you, Mr. Moon,can you post the final tables and we'll lock this bad boy up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Well done both of you, Mr. Moon,can you post the final tables and we'll lock this bad boy up!
    Please please please please give me someone decent in the Championship!

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

So was that 6-2 to Udinese??

Tables will be posted today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    So was that 6-2 to Udinese??

Yep 6-2 to Udinese, although he should be DQ'ed for using guns in Thunderdome!

Hi Mr. Moon. The league closed on Sunday night so this 6-2 result was outside of the league fixtures and was a one-off playoff to determine who went down...therefore it should not be added to the table. I was refereeing to any outstanding games from all leagues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

se1we0.jpg

21oseoo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Champion by Default!!! are there any sweeter words in the world???:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sparky360 wrote: »

Won't miss you next season!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

sparky360 wrote: »

NO WAY!!! I thought I was gonna be champion by default, I couldn't play my last game! :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'll be on tonight and tomorrow after the CL semi's if anyone fancies a friendly or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Yay....Premier league champion :D

Does that mean I have Ultimate braging rights here? :D:D

Yay....Premier league champion :D

Does that mean I have Ultimate braging rights here? :D:D

So heres to you, Mr Robinson!!!

A respectable finish by me with Schalke, considering I couldn't play my best player, an 86 defender because his pace was in the 60's. He was great other than the fact he couldn't move, but as soon as somebody ran straight at him, he was lethal :)

Surprised I finished ahead of Everton in the end! New season, new team, wheeey!

se1we0.jpg

21oseoo.jpg

Just to confirm, you missed out on my last win so I finished on 22

If Udinese has 3 more points, that puts him above Lyon. But Portsmouth are relegated, not Lyon? So Lyon must be ahead of Portsmouth? Its all fairly confusing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just to confirm, you missed out on my last win so I finished on 22

Ok this is all very confusing.

Virgil played a game since the table posted on the 1/05 which was a valid game and should be counted giving him 21 points.

The thing is since Virgil already had 21 points as a result of his valid game why was he in a relegation playoff match in the first place with bubs?

Bubs as far as i know the game you are referring to is the 6-2 from last nights match which wasnt part of the league as such so it doesnt count and you arent due 3 points. (However there is that game you both played and never posted but FG said this was void as neither of you posted)

In which case Moons table is right and Portsmouth shouldnt be getting relegated as the points at that stage would be right on the table posted.

Take it to the thunderdome again!!!

FG??

Axwell wrote: »
    Ok this is all very confusing.

Virgil played a game since the table posted on the 1/05 which was a valid game and should be counted giving him 21 points.

The thing is since Virgil already had 21 points as a result of his valid game why was he in a relegation playoff match in the first place with bubs?

Bubs as far as i know the game you are referring to is the 6-2 from last nights match which wasnt part of the league as such so it doesnt count and you arent due 3 points. (However there is that game you both played and never posted but FG said this was void as neither of you posted)

In which case Moons table is right and Portsmouth shouldnt be getting relegated as the points at that stage would be right on the table posted.

That was a league game because I had already beaten him in the first game but it was decided that it wouldn't be counted because i couldn't remember the score so we had to replay it (which I understand. I run a league and it is a bitch tracking down scores). Then I beat him again in what was essentially the first game replayed. Twas a league game.

Also, do I not get byes for the 2 Juve games anyway because I'm assuming that's why FG didn't get relegated so I can't figure out why I had to play an extra game because Porstmouth must have played him once already because our second game isn't there and 2 byes would put me above Portsmouth whereas no byes would see Lyon relegated

Also, if everyone has to play Juve an Juve only there are an uneven number of games in hand as opposed to potential fixtures. I played Portsmouth once which puts me on 20 and him on 21. Then everyone had to play Juve once or twice but Juve doesn't have the two spare games for Garball unless I'm missing a fixture that wasn't played between Lyon, Celtic and Portsmouth which could affect the standings.

It's a classic Chewbacca defence. See video for more details http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1974564/chewbacca_defense/.

Actually, after some dectective work Virgil had a game in hand against Garball so he presumably got a bye for that one as he was one all the time, me and FG both got byes for our 2 Juve games meaning the table before the last match was.

FG 26
    Bubs 25
    Man City 24
    Virgil 24

with me an Virgil having one game to play which I won making the table

Bubs 28
    FG 25
    Man City 24
    Virgil 24

So two questions?
    1. What would have happened had me and Virgil drawn, would Man City have gone down?

2. Why would I have gone down if I lost to Virgil when i was ahead of Man City anyway?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did you actually read any of the posts FG made the other day?? There was no byes given to anyone over the juve games. Anyone that didnt play their games got zero, also FG said that the match between you and Virgil wasnt included in the league.

Read back over the posts, your whole post is based on byes which werent given.

• Advertisement

Did you actually read any of the posts FG made the other day?? There was no byes given to anyone over the juve games. Anyone that didnt play their games got zero, also FG said that the match between you and Virgil wasnt included in the league.

Read back over the posts, your whole post is based on byes which werent given.

Yep
    By default, people who are not making an effort will get a 3-0 loss for their games. But from what I have seen, it wont be a problem.

FG both got byes for our 2 Juve games

I really didn't read your post, but something funny is going on with the tables. Although, I do know one thing, and thats the fact that nobody got points from the Juve games.

Otherwise I would have had 3 more points. FG didn't want to take 6 free points so he gave no byes to anybody AFAIK. I dont know who goes down, and I dont care, but somebody has fuXored up the table.

Right Ill clarify. No byes were given. The league finished Sunday night and the table was frozen. Bubs and Virgil failed to add the result of their first game so without an accurate determination of who won, they had to play a decider as, at the time they were both very close at the bottom.

If I had just added all of Juves games on, I would have been totally safe, and thats hardly fair to everyone else. In fact, I guarantee someone would have said it was very convenient for me.

One of the prerequisite was to log every result as, at the end of a season, it causes lots of trouble if you haven't.

Yep

Regarding the quoting of my comment re 3-0 byes...

Agreed Bubs, but Juve contacted me on 3 sepearte occasions saying he had problems with his connection, stating that it was randomly dropping every 4-5 minutes but he still agreed to play his games regardless. I actually kept an eye and it seemed he was logging in and out, which makes me believe that it was a problem. We were due to play but I had a death in the family last week and was very busy. Therefore he did try to complete.

Guys, I'd love to take 2 x 3-0 byes...happy days I'm clear of relegation and I artifically inflate my final standing. But that wasn't fair. So no byes were given, leaving Bubs relegated since no certain proof that he beat Porthsmouth earlier in the season exists. However, I did believe that he won that game but cannot take that as a result. Therefore, the only fair way was to give them one final match, outside of the league, to decide who went down.

Therefore, the only fair way was to give them one final match, outside of the league, to decide who went down.

But, but, but.....
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    If Udinese has 3 more points, that puts him above Lyon. But Portsmouth are relegated, not Lyon? So Lyon must be ahead of Portsmouth? Its all fairly confusing.

The tables still dont make sense if it doesn't include Bubs game that he won 6-2, as he says?

Sorry to hear about your loss and fair play for driving this home with that situation
    Regarding the quoting of my comment re 3-0 byes...

Agreed Bubs, but Juve contacted me on 3 sepearte occasions saying he had problems with his connection, stating that it was randomly dropping every 4-5 minutes but he still agreed to play his games regardless. I actually kept an eye and it seemed he was logging in and out, which makes me believe that it was a problem. We were due to play but I had a death in the family last week and was very busy. Therefore he did try to complete.

Guys, I'd love to take 2 x 3-0 byes...happy days I'm clear of relegation and I artifically inflate my final standing. But that wasn't fair. So no byes were given, leaving Bubs relegated since no certain proof that he beat Porthsmouth earlier in the season exists. However, I did believe that he won that game but cannot take that as a result. Therefore, the only fair way was to give them one final match, outside of the league, to decide who went down.

The problem I have is that it's not fair on Virgil because he finished above you without byes and as I pointed out earlier in the thread, I did try and rectify the mistake by posting the result with a presumed score a few times and the in game league proved that we had played that game and that I had already won (which seems to me to be perfectly accurate determination) so it seems really unfair to relegate Virgil

There's only one way to resolve it.

I'll drop down, Udinese and Porthsmouth stay up. I'm not bothered and everyone is happy.

It's my own fault, I should have taken more care that everyone was posting results and if I had, this wouldnt have happened.

Let Moon do the maths on the results and add it all up again. Thats the only way to know what the story is.

No point in you dropping down FG, if you don't deserve to. Lets add up the results. Somebody has made an arse of the table. :eek:

21kjjpz.jpg

This is the table as of the 1/05/09....after this Virgil (Portsmouth) played a valid game against bubs and won (7-1 I think) giving him 3 points...so a total of 21...

That was the only match that affected the results, in fact its the only match that was played since this table was posted..

As a result of that the current table by moon is correct..

Going on this it would seem FG that there was no need for Virgil and Bubs to play the decider game as Virgil wouldnt be in contention for relegation and as the match wasnt a league on its result is irrelevant???

Portsmouth 21 points
    Lyon 20 points
    Udinese 19 points
    Juventus 13 points
    Celtic 7 points

Just to add this does not include the result that was never posted by Bubs and Virgil as FG said it was void without a result.

• Advertisement

Going on this it would seem FG that there was no need for Virgil and Bubs to play the decider game as Virgil wouldnt be in contention for relegation and as the match wasnt a league on its result is irrelevant???

Portsmouth 21 points
    Lyon 20 points
    Udinese 19 points
    Juventus 13 points
    Celtic 7 points

Just to add this does not include the result that was never posted by Bubs and Virgil as FG said it was void without a result.

He also said this
    Right Ill clarify. No byes were given. The league finished Sunday night and the table was frozen. Bubs and Virgil failed to add the result of their first game so without an accurate determination of who won, they had to play a decider as, at the time they were both very close at the bottom.

And there was accurate determination which I offered not to mention that it's not in doubt I won the first match (just the score) and then he said that whoever won the match between me and Virgil would stay up, which I did not to mention that both of us made a mistake yet I would be the only one getting punished. Cancelling both of my wins against Virgil would be ridiculously unfair.

Personally think that I should play FG and Virgil should play him and use the result from the previous relegation playoff between me and Virgil to make a table, loser leaves town

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement