Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Championship and Premiership-Fixures/Tables/Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson) 4 - 3 SCHALKE 04 (y2j_mufc)

Was a touch macth.... Richie scored in the second minute and kept going ahead but equalized after each....Got one shot in at the second have which got me the winner....." And its JENAS!!!! *crowed goes wild*" Good Game man!

Standings:
    P/W/D/L/GF/GA/GD/Pts
    9/7/1/1/23/18/+15/22

To play:
    SEVILLA (gaz15) v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)
    TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson) v AS ROMA (knackerdwarf)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bassmanmurph85 (Fiorentina) 1-1 FutureGuy (Lyon)

Absolutely gutted at how this went. Went 1-0 up through Bensema early on so couldn't have asked for a better start. Hit the bar just before the break but it failed to go in. Right after half time, Benzema hit the post again, and soon after Fiorentina went all out attack which forced me into going more defensive. Govou then hit the post...at this stage, I knew it wouldn't be my night. With 2 minutes remaining, Fiorentinas pressure paid off to snatch an equaliser.

I feel it was 2 points dropped as I had done really well. On the brightside, thats 3 games unbeaten and I am beginning to claw my way up the table after a horrendous start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Axwell wrote: »
    Shouldnt Placeholder FC(Skippy) be Portsmouth(Virgil) - lazy sod copy and pasting :D

Any word from Virgil is his xbox knackered??

Yep, it sure is! Came back from Waterford there last night, sitting room was quite dark. Switched it on and there was this ethereal red glow off everything..

Well.. over 3/4 of everything...

2nd Xbox down with RROD, an Elite too!? Is it me..? FG, you may give the guys a bye from my matches, as it will be at least 3 weeks until I get on again, unless I can pilfer my little brothers Xbox in the mean time.. He has not telly, poor sod..

Yep, it sure is! Came back from Waterford there last night, sitting room was quite dark. Switched it on and there was this ethereal red glow off everything..

Well.. over 3/4 of everything...

2nd Xbox down with RROD, an Elite too!? Is it me..? FG, you may give the guys a bye from my matches, as it will be at least 3 weeks until I get on again, unless I can pilfer my little brothers Xbox in the mean time.. He has not telly, poor sod..

Hey man, sorry to hear, it's a pain! I got mine back from Germany within 2 weeks so if you get onto them today, you might have it back by Friday week.

Don't worry about the byes, you will probably be able to finish thing up on the final week!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Man City Vs Fiorentina
    0 - 2

Wasnt too happy with the way this one turned out, an early goal put Fiorentina ahead then I had attack after attack where nothing would go in, hit the post, hit row z, just couldnt put the ball in the net. Went all out offensive towards the end to try and get the draw and got caught on the counter to make it 2-0 right at the end. Good game though.
    Cant win a game these days in the league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Championship Week 4

Manchester United (Batesy) 1 - 8 Valencia (wandatowell)

Good game. Valencia showed no mercy with some clinical finishing.

mika27 wrote: »
    Championship Round 4

Bayern Munich(R0nBurgundee) 3-0 Valencia(towellers)

Great game, it was actually 3-2 to Bayern but towellers lost his connection with about 15 minutes left on the clock. Don't think it should go down as 3-0 but thats what shows up on the results screen. Whats the ruling here FutureGuy?

If the losing player disconnects, it's a 3-0 to the other player. So the scores goes in as 3-0 to Bayern.

FA CUP FIXTURE LIST

Each team on the right have a 1st round bye and will meet the winers of the ties which are to be played this week. I will be setting up a new league just to facilitate cups games and league replays. Password will be available later.

BAYERN MUNICH (mika27) OR ASTON VILLA (reganovski) VS FIORENTINA (moiph)

CELTIC (garball) OR ARSENAL (deliverance xxv) VS VALENCIA (wandatowell)

UDINESE (Bubs180) OR OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (futureguy) VS AC MILAN (moz)

JUVENTUS (mackeral man) OR SEVILLA (gaz15) VS PORTHSMOUTH (v1rg1l)

REAL MADRID (sparky360) OR INTER MILAN (ckwport) VS CHELSEA (rainyface)

SCHALKE 04 (y2j_mufc) OR ATHLETICO MADRID (bfassassin) VS BARCELONA (jerichoholic)

LIVERPOOL (bennyc) OR EVERTON (mr moon) VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (mister robinson)

AS ROMA (knackerdwarf) OR MANCHESTER CITY (axwell) VS MANCHESTER UNITED (batesy)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Since knackerdwarf still isnt back as far as i know what happens then?

I PM'ed him today and will let everyone know whats going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Game Week 4
    The Dunne (Real Madrid) 3 - 4 (Chelsea) Rainyface

Well deserved victory there. Passed me off the park for most of the match. A good few sqweaky bum moments for both sides. Me giving away a monsterous penalty (I was lucky not to be sent off) ended up resulting in my 3rd defeat. (well that and the other 3 goals!!!! :) )

Great game
    Really want to get through the 1st round of the Cup now that I see the winner of my match gets to play Chelsea...... revenge will be mine :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

(BFassassin) Athletico 0-6 Valencia (towellers)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

The Dunne (Real Madrid) 3 - 4 (Chelsea) Rainyface

Ha, this was a tough one alright... you were unlucky at the end, 2 good chances in injury time. I thought you were gonna nick a goal.
    Roll on the Cup game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FutureGuy wrote: »
    FA CUP FIXTURE LIST

REAL MADRID (sparky360) OR INTER MILAN (ckwport) VS CHELSEA (rainyface)

Uh No, thats my FA Cup hopes dashed before its even started...

Better get a heap of practise in this week before that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

LIVERPOOL (bennyc) OR EVERTON (mr moon)

You got to be joking !!!!!

Moon you have to play Seamus Coleman at right back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

bennyc wrote: »

LOL, I need all the help I can get to beat you!! I've played you in a few pre season games and couldn't get near your goal!! And if by some miracle I do beat you the winner plays Spurs, who have already beaten me this season!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Wow! Two of Liverpool, Everton, Spurs gone pretty much straight away, ouch, very tough draw.

Guys, I have set up a side league for the purpose of running cup games and in case we need to replay any fixtures...

abbreviation: bc1
    Password: bc1

When you are inviting someone to a cup game, please add CUP to the start of the "X invites you to play fifa 09" pre-written message" so everyone knows what competition they are playing.

Also, when posting results, please state they are cup results!

Are there replays?

Or do we go straight to extra time/peno's in the first match?

The cup games go to extra time and penalties. One game, one winner.

• Advertisement

FA CUP 1st ROUND

UDINESE (bubs180) 2-4 LYON (futureguy)

Without a doubt one of the best combacks I have ever achieved in this great game. Bubs went 1-0 up within 10 minutes with a great through ball and it stayed like that until half time. Shortly after that, Udinese went 2-0 up and I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I was going down. Then a moment of pure magic from Benzema. After gathering the ball 25-yards out, he delivered an unstoppable shot into the top left hand corner. Game on. After changing the team to a more offensive setting, Benzema found himself one-on-one with the advancing keeper. A delicate lob later and the scores were level at 2-2. With the game balanced on a knife-edge, one moment changed the game. With Benzema through on goal, Bubs made a last-ditch effort to get the ball with a sliding tackle. The tackle was completely fair.However, Benzema had taken his shot a microsecond earier and the Udinese defender caught the ankle of the French international. Juninho slotted home the subsequently penalty to stun the home crowd. With Udinese now attacking for all their might, they almost snatched an equalizer but a gap appeared in the udinese defence allowing Benzema to slot home his third of the evening to give Lyon an unlikely win.

This is why I love this game! Very wellplayed by Bubs. Next up is AC Milan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Great result! I'm looking forward to our cup match next round.

Any word on knackerdwarf???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

First off gents I want to apologize for not completing my league games in the allotted time. I sent sent our motherly mod a pm last last week (I think) explaining that I was on a ****ty shift at work. Anyway here's my list of results for the 4 game weeks. If I made a mistake with any of the results let me know and I'll correct it.

Game Week 1
    Valencia (1) vs Aston Villa (3) reganovski LOSS
    Valencia (4) vs Inter Milan (2) CKWport WIN
    Valencia (0) vs Real Madrid (3) sparky LOSS

Game Week 2
    Valencia vs Barcelona (whoever this fella is, he's gone under the radar) N/A
    Valencia (1) vs AC Milan (1) livelyjojo fair play to you mate DRAW
    Valencia vs Chelsea (havn't had a opportunity to play him yet) N/A

Game Week 3
    Valencia (3) vs Arsenal (1) DeliverenceXXV WIN
    Valencia (6) vs Atletico Madrid (0) BFassassin WIN
    Valencia (3) vs Liverpool (2) bennycon WIN

Game Week 4
    Valencia (0) vs Bayrn Munich (3) RonBurgundee LOSS
    Valencia (8) vs Man Utd (1) Batesy2007 WIN

P/W/L/D/F/A/Pts
    9 5 3 1 26 16 16

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Aston Villa (Reganovski) 1 Arsenal (DeliveranceXXV) 3

Felt I deserved more from the game but he took his chances well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Reganovski wrote: »
    Aston Villa (Reganovski) 1 Arsenal (DeliveranceXXV) 3

Felt I deserved more from the game but he took his chances well

It was one of those games. If we had to play five minutes after we did, you could have won 5-0 or I could have 4-0 etc. Chances galore but it was down to pot luck at the end of it all.
    Midway through the second half I finally had it with Van Persie and brought on Eduardo who scored almost immediately. Think I might be sticking with him :)

Towellers (Valencia) 3-1 (Arsenal) Deliverance XXV
    Reganovski (Villa) 1-3 (Arsenal) Deliverance XXV

PTS- P/W/D/L/F/A/DIFF
    20- 10/6/2/2/28/18/+10

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

bennyc wrote: »

Kind of wished the jan transfer update wasnt delayed.....Could have keane back in the squad showing liverpool what they have missed out on :D:D

If i play them of course :p

Liverpool V Everton.....0-1 AET anyone ??

Kind of wished the jan transfer update wasnt delayed.....Could have keane back in the squad showing liverpool what they have missed out on :D:D

If i play them of course :p

Liverpool V Everton.....0-1 AET anyone ??

I'll take that result :D

Axwell wrote: »
    Any word on knackerdwarf???

Yes, just got word. he got his Xbox back last week. It lasted 2 hours and is back with Microsoft. So in essence, he will not be able to play in our league. however, he will be joining Serie A as soon as he gets back.

I will try to get someone in later this week. I know who I want to bring in. We will see.

Axwell, if I can't get someone in soon, you will receive a 3-0 win for the cup game. I do not want to drag it on too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Feck, I would've chopped off some vital organ(s) to have Roma, and not Schalke :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement