Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this week.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Light drizzle here :( Temp 2.8c and DP of 1.6c, drop temperatures!! Drop damn you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

im sure if its lashing snow in longford it wont be long before it moves eastward twords me.....hopefully.iv to play soccer tonight on the allweather pitch and would be fun playing in the snow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭snowfan

Just watched BBC weather which is pretty reliable and it shows a band of snow moving across the midlands tomorrow reaching Greater Dublin between 4-6pm.....might get more snow after that lovely snow fall here in Dublin on Saturday night ! :)

SF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

All the precip seems to be headed into Ulster.

HO HUM, even still its just rain here anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Should not be any such difficulty tomorrow.;)

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfs-2-30.png?12

Snow should occur later tonight IF you get precip. The West and North should see snow later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

looks like Rte have just upgraded it to widespread sleet and snow for this evening and later on during the night

fingers crossed

darkman2 wrote: »
    Should not be any such difficulty tomorrow.;)

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfs-2-30.png?12

Snow should occur later tonight IF you get precip. The West and North should see snow later.

Is that snow I see for most of Ireland tomorrow ? Do you reckon the east will get some ?

SF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

garytuohy wrote: »
    looks like Rte have just upgraded it to widespread sleet and snow for this evening and later on during the night

fingers crossed

where is that upgrade?

snowfan wrote: »
    Is that snow I see for most of Ireland tomorrow ? Do you reckon the east will get some ?

SF

It will rain or not happen.

Sure it was meant to snow last night, it was meant to snow tonight.

It's always happening tomorrow.

For the rest of the night it looks like the rain and drizzle to clear with snow over Ulster.

Then sleet/snow showers peppering the west and northwest coasts. Dry inland and in the east with frost forming.

The only upgrade I see is my temps which continue to go up :confused: tis now 3.1c and feeling somewhat mild, or at least bearable out. Odd!

• Advertisement

nat-today.gif

Today's Weather
    Wintry showers will become more widespread across the country this evening, some heavy and thundery in places.

Tonight's Weather
    Showers will become more scattered overnight, but will fall mainly as sleet or snow leading to some hazardous driving conditions, especially over high ground. Temperatures will fall to between plus 2 and minus 2 degrees.

Considering about an hour ago, there was a risk of rain/sleet/snow

Thanks Weathercheck

I think you have a point

Last night it was meant to be snow and I awoke this morning to see drizzle north Dublin

Ah well , still another 6 weeks of winter to go so still a chance...

PS, there will be a band of precipitation moving down to Dublin tomorrow between 4-6pm so there is at least still a small chance of snow :)

SF

It's always happening tomorrow.

Never thought I'd hear you say that WC! :P I've been wanting to say it all day but was afraid incase I got lynched!! :pac:

but there was a band moving across Dublin an hour ago

garytuohy wrote: »
    but there was a band moving across Dublin an hour ago

Hi Gary, I mean there is a band of precipitation due tomorrow across Dublin ; if temps stay low we might get snow

SF

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Everythings evaporated! What's new! :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

So the trough hitting the east coast around 9pm is now gone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ok I think today and tonight is offically a rite-off for the east, everything thats possible to prevent snow falling has occured such as massive troughs suddenly dissapearing into nothing and rainy drizzely muck to spoil things. The snow that rte was talking about for tonight is not gonna happen in the east, what was heading our direction dissapearing into a puff of thin air like magic while also moving up into ulster and heading for Scotland. Maybe just maybe we might get lucky one more time 2moro before the mild hits but ive a funny feeling its going to to be west that will get all the joy again 2moro. Hope im wrong:)

For feck sake... bring back the days of walking home from school 'oh look, its snowing' - 2 hours later, 'oh still snowing, and several inches deep' :(

Amazing how the huge band just disappeared totally!

Ah well hopefully it will clear up and get nice and icy.

The west should get some snow showers overnight though, so still hope over there as colder air pushes back in.

• Advertisement

def going to be a no snow tonight 5C at the moment :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

DP's should be at 0C is most places inland and East by midnight then below zero by 6am. Any showers that make it inland should really be snow.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_12_UTC/18_18.gif

Gonzo wrote: »
    Ok I think today and tonight is offically a rite-off for the east, everything thats possible to prevent snow falling has occured such as massive troughs suddenly dissapearing into nothing and rainy drizzely muck to spoil things. The snow that rte was talking about for tonight is not gonna happen in the east, what was heading our direction dissapearing into a puff of thin air like magic while also moving up into ulster and heading for Scotland. Maybe just maybe we might get lucky one more time 2moro before the mild hits but ive a funny feeling its going to to be west that will get all the joy again 2moro. Hope im wrong:)
    Felixdhc wrote: »
    For feck sake... bring back the days of walking home from school 'oh look, its snowing' - 2 hours later, 'oh still snowing, and several inches deep' :(
    Amazing how the huge band just disappeared totally!

Ah well hopefully it will clear up and get nice and icy.

The west should get some snow showers overnight though, so still hope over there as colder air pushes back in.

Ah, I get it! I'm onto you guys ;) This is the ol' 'reverse psychology' right?! Making us believe that all hope is lost when really we are in for a pasting of the white stuff! :D

Thats what ye are doing........right? :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

To add insult to injury - the trough that crossed Ireland (that fizzled out) has moved across the Irish Sea has now pepped up again and will probably give Wales snow! :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

someone edited their page for the rte weather site, removed my rendition :P its raining here....

Ah, I get it! I'm onto you guys ;) This is the ol' 'reverse psychology' right?! Making us believe that all hope is lost when really we are in for a pasting of the white stuff! :D

Thats what ye are doing........right? :(

Reckon thats the plot alright - we'll all wake up to a picturesque blanket of snow :pac:
    DOCARCH wrote: »
    To add insult to injury - the trough that crossed Ireland (that fizzled out) has moved across the Irish Sea has now pepped up again and will probably give Wales snow! :o

:mad::mad::mad:

Reckon thats the plot alright - we'll all wake up to a picturesque blanket of snow

Just can't see that happening my friend! Fickle is the word.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just can't see that happening my friend! Fickle is the word.

Ah I know... t'was very much a tongue in cheek comment.

I assume my patience for all these years will pay off and one morning wake up to that hazy memory of a scene!

I assume my patience for all these years will pay off and one morning wake up to that hazy memory of a scene!

;) I really do hope so too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like game over for the east tonight, everything south of N Ireland is just melting away as it so often does in these setups:(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement