Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this week.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

No its not the band is just hitting the west now..

I reckon around 9-11pm it will arrive here.

looking at the rainfall radar on meteireann it seems to be finished over cork/kerry..is there another band/front comign behind? has stopped raining/sleet innorth cork now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

My pics are up.Snow has just stopped now,looks like there will be more though:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

started sleeting here in longford again. come on!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Try and remember people we haven't really seen our best chance yet, and have a look in the pictures sub-forum great pics of Donegal and shows us that decent snow events are still possible on this great island :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sleet/thunder in Belmullet..almost the perfect winter combination..well a tornado would be nice too, but beggars cant be choosers :):pac::pac:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still pee'ing down rain here and the DP is actually rising!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Just wondering when that rain band clears east will there be colder air following behind?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

raining here, west coast mayo style, very depressing when all the action is supposed to be this side of the country, any chance of snow tonight on the coast? im a mile from the sea, or snow tomorrow, or ever for that matter,:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally have a shower here now and its 100% rain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »
    Just wondering when that rain band clears east will there be colder air following behind?

probably but the precipitation will probably be confined to the west and north west then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Am I imagining things or did I just see a flash of lightning:confused:
    Mayo

Ah yes.. I just saw the sleet/ thunder in Belmullet post. It looked like it was off up that direction alright. I wasn't imagining it so.

Lots of cloud to the NW looking at the IR Satellite Loop with clearly visible rotation.
    The GFS 12Z 2 metre DP forecast charts would indicate rain likely in the west initially from this turning back to sleet/snow later (though above 200 metres may stay wintry throughout).
    850's are marginal early on at around -3°C generally but DP and heavy downdrafts should compensate for that, later is around -5°C which again is marginal for frontal stuff but in heavy showers with favourable dew points should be ok.
    However the north midlands and east could see snow or sleet initially turning to snow generally later. Big question is if will reach accross to the east though.
    A night for radar watching :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temp rising here ahead of the precip :(

A local weather station showing 3.4c/0.6c

Just above marginal, although lets hope when that heavier stuff arrives it will peg it down.

The stuff arriving HERE in the next 1/2hrs isn't the main batch.

probably but the precipitation will probably be confined to the west and north west then
    Oh dats a shame, so tomorrow maybe the last chance of snow out of this cold spell

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Drizzle here in lovely Lusk.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Drizzle here in lovely Lusk.

Dont worry there is a LOT more to come, hopefully not drizzle though..850's are too marginal for light precip to be wintry at sea level.
    Later on things get better just as the main precip should arrive here..I feel tonight could be our best shot in the east of this whole thing :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

really heavy snow here now in longford. the heavens have opened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »
    Oh dats a shame, so tomorrow maybe the last chance of snow out of this cold spell

well, i really don't know at this stage. supercell however seems confident we'll get snow tonight. tomorrow looks like it will be colder than today and could deliver for parts that didn't get any snow today
    also, if you were to believe what met eireann says we are for some decent snowfall on thursday night into friday. so between tonight, tomorrow and friday we'll surely all see some more snow:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Supercell wrote: »
    Dont worry there is a LOT more to come, hopefully not drizzle though..850's are too marginal for light precip to be wintry at sea level.
    Later on things get better just as the main precip should arrive here..I feel tonight could be our best shot in the east of this whole thing :)

Yeah fingers crossed... too many years now waiting for a decent fall of snow. 2001 in my case anyway! Well, other than the surprise fall the other night which did leave a little dusting on the road for a while.

Incidentally, the album I'm listening to right now fits the mood perfectly...

http://www.discogs.com/Peter-Benisch-Waiting-For-Snow/release/1110187

The radar has been fairly dodgy across Ireland during the day!

Yes loads of precip to slide WNW - ESE tonight.

Lets hope we get some heavy stuff and SNOW

3.3c/0.8c L. Rain/Drizzle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wooah - the latest radar is looking good for some bit of decent ppn making it east - fingers crossed although temp and DP on the rise here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Supercell wrote: »

Far be it from me to talk down a potential snow event but are you guys looking at the same charts I am:confused: I hope your right of course but im not confident of getting precip across to the East later.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Far be it from me to talk down a potential snow event but are you guys looking at the same charts I am:confused: I hope your right of course but im not confident of getting precip across to the East later.

Precip aint the issue for me, the temp is.

Think were gonna be stuck around 3c/1c unless we get some very heavy stuff.

darkman2 wrote: »
    These things are nowcasts, look at the satellite ..not forecast troughs.
    By the way..moderate snow here atm :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Scumbag:D

Lashing snow now whoohoo!!lovley big white flakes swirling around :D
    Sorry DM and WC :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hey guys is there any sign of snow coming to limerick tonight

well, i really don't know at this stage. supercell however seems confident we'll get snow tonight. tomorrow looks like it will be colder than today and could deliver for parts that didn't get any snow today
    also, if you were to believe what met eireann says we are for some decent snowfall on thursday night into friday. so between tonight, tomorrow and friday we'll surely all see some more snow:)
    Yes I was surprised when met eireann said significant accumilations of snow for thurs night to friday, and they said wintry showers tomorrow becoming widespread as the day progresses, so it does look promising. Let's hope met and Supercell are right:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

rain in coolock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lashing rain here now:( not even a hint of sleet in it

Advertisement