Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer forum for "thanks"

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

pfft I got an 'infraction' for calling Ronaldo a tool in some thread, as if that was a matter of opinion when we all know it is INALIENABLE FACT!!

Ludo wrote: »
    Idea...soccer == thunderdome. Enter at your own peril. No mods. Let em fight it out.

Only moderate for legal issues.

That's the LAST thing it needs. You could have a soccer Thunderdome forum separate to the soccer forum for those who are dimwitted enough to want to engage in all the usual tripe that goes on when soccer banter descends to petty name calling. But for the users who like to discuss the actual soccer then the soccer forum works great. If you moved it all Thunderdome style then the forum would lose every poster with an IQ of more than 30.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    If people want that then they know where the likes of F365 are.

+1.

Also in relation to any perceived abuse towards GY, I certainly didn't intend anything I said to be abusive, I intended it to be in a sort of "constructive criticism" manner. I feel it's important to speak up when something is wrong or when users aren't happy with something because otherwise the forum can suffer in the long run (seen here where nobody spoke up on this rule due to perceived autocracy in the mods leading to a LONG feedback thread). I wasn't using it to have a go as I don't know GY outside of interaction on the soccer forum. if it came across that way (as T4TF seems to have interpreted it) then I apologise but my intentions were to highlight faults rather than have a go.

"If you love the forums in Senegal so much why don't you moderate them?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Am I still banned? I thanked the post long before I seen this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's the LAST thing it needs. You could have a soccer Thunderdome forum separate to the soccer forum for those who are dimwitted enough to want to engage in all the usual tripe that goes on when soccer banter descends to petty name calling. But for the users who like to discuss the actual soccer then the soccer forum works great. If you moved it all Thunderdome style then the forum would lose every poster with an IQ of more than 30.
    I don't think it's the answer either. Those requests fell by the wayside anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Boggles wrote: »
    Maybe another mod is the answer, freshen things up a bit, Xavi and the new mod can take it into the 22nd century.

I have a severe crick in my neck from looking over my shoulder at 2 Liverpool mods, a City and a Leeds mod, I think the new mod should be a Man United supporter, Maybe Neil or Dave (Or Des :D ).

Would make sense IMO, 2 mods to keep a general eye on the Liverpool thread it being the biggest, 1 for the United thread and Xavi to look after 4782 City transfer rumour threads generated hourly only half of them by himself.

My 2 cents, feel free to tell me fúck off, I won't take it personally or "thank it" for that matter. :D

And leave us Arsenal supporters out in the cold?
    I'm on to you... :pac:

I do think adding another Mod or two would help though to ease some of the workload already there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I also think it is clear that at least one of teh mods has "lost the dressing room" - thier authority is gone, they seem to be universally disrespected and I struggle to see how they can justify maintaining thier position. In fact I'm not even sure why they would want to maintain thier position, I fail to see how they can gain any level of satisfaction from giving thier time where it is so plainly not wanted.

Brilliant post.

This is not the first GY trainwreck feedback thread. And wont be the last.

Mature, civilised and responsible moderation is vital in volatile forums. I don't see much maturity, civility or any (personal) responsibility in some moderator actions either on here or in the forum.

Nothing learned from past feedback. Nothing learned here either by the looks of things.

Roll on the next GY feedback thread* ...

*where nothing will be learned either ... (sadly)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Frisbee wrote: »
    And leave us Arsenal supporters out in the cold?
    I'm on to you... :pac:

I do think adding another Mod or two would help though to ease some of the workload already there.

Sorry Buddy...I vote Frisbee as Arse Mod.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't think new mods is the answer without some change beforehand. Also, I can't agree I agree with lots boggles has to say. SAd day for me in that regard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

As this is now going way off topic, guess the lock will be in soon.

New rule added to soccer charter 24 hours before all this started which was immediately implemented to it's fullest extend over this incident...mod trying out new toy?

To summarise...42 pages with over 600 posts. The "PigHead 6" are still banned from soccer until this evening apparently when they should never have been banned (as most people agree). Mod apparently making up stories about contents of PMs. Lots of posters annoyed about how whole situation handled. No admission of honest mistake by mod which would have ended whole situation. 9 other users banned/access revoked until they grovel for it back for breaking a forum rule DELIBERATELY. Why isn't this applied to ALL bans as surely abuse is a deliberate breach of rules?

No change to policy (except one mod will now apply rule on case by case basis which others were doing anyway).

Way to go...feedback really works!

Post of the thread.

As this is now going way off topic, guess the lock will be in soon.

New rule added to soccer charter 24 hours before all this started which was immediately implemented to it's fullest extend over this incident...mod trying out new toy?

To summarise...42 pages with over 600 posts. The "PigHead 6" are still banned from soccer until this evening apparently when they should never have been banned (as most people agree). Mod apparently making up stories about contents of PMs. Lots of posters annoyed about how whole situation handled. No admission of honest mistake by mod which would have ended whole situation. 9 other users banned/access revoked until they grovel for it back for breaking a forum rule DELIBERATELY. Why isn't this applied to ALL bans as surely abuse is a deliberate breach of rules?

No change to policy (except one mod will now apply rule on case by case basis which others were doing anyway).

Best.

Summary.

Of.

A.

Feedback.

Thread.

Ever.

Help Desk summary of this thread here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

By the way, the soccer charter which is the basis for these bannings is woefully out of date and contradicts itself, yet it is gospel apparently.

1. Off Topic thread for all off topic discussion - LOCKED - out of date.

2. Rules discussion thread for all rules chatter - LOCKED - out of date.

3. Minor offence - abusing through the thanks system - yellow card - out of date - update at end of page with new ruling - why not update rest of page to reflect new position.

The whole thing is like a legal document (complete with appendices) which can be interpreted however a mod wants. The use of new posts instead of updates makes the rules obscure. A tidy up is probably needed.

In fairness, all users need to sign up to that "contract" when getting access to soccer. I don't see this can mean anything as the soccer forum mods breaks the charter themselves by not providing the threads listed in the charter....is this a yellow or red card offence...can a soccer mod please ban all the soccer mods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

To finish,

I'd like to echo those asking for GY to step aside/stand down. I think, on reviewing this thread, that she has shown that she is un-trustworthy and evasive, and has posted total inaccuracies and downright lies. I cite a couple of examples below. There are many many more on this thread.
    GuanYin wrote:
    They thanked an abusive post. Just because it was comical doesn't mean it wasn't intended. The poster in question admitted intent.
    A complete fabrication.
    GuanYin wrote:
    Listen, the 15 posters knowingly and purposefully broke the rules
    No they did not. Another complete untruth.
    I obviously didn't agree with what Archimedes said, I just find his losing of the head rants hilarious, hence the thanking. The fact that i asked her on numerous occasions about the fact that T4TF had also thanked the post (he obviously wouldn't have agreed with it either - I've no doubt his thanks was as ironic as mine - he's since removed his Thanks) and she never addressed it summed it up really. One way street for her. She's always right.
    GuanYin harps on about "consistency". Neil1984 makes a very very valid point directly GuanYin about this lack of consistency (and asks for an answer on a number of occasions) and yet she chooses to ignore him.

Neil1984 directly accuses you in this post of being responsible for implementing this rule. You deny it here, when he asks can he display the PM which shows that once more you are in error, you come back with this. Neil responds by saying No, not that one. The one before it. . GuanYin's silence is deafening, despite responding to every other post Neil has typed, she refuses to answer this request. So Neil tries again and I think Neil pretty much hit's the nail on the head with this post with the "wall of silence" remark.

Pighead addresses the issue of abuse in this post which is fairly clear and addresses each and every issue.

GY directly accuses a "poster" (who we know is dessie59) of claiming that the mods were not consistent by not banning the users who thanked the abusive post after killmee0 was banned. A direct accusation in this post. She has the opportunity to also back up her "it wasn't me" accusation which has been leveled at her from Neil, and yet she does not respond.

deise responds with understandable outrage about being accused of asking for users to be banned. He then asks for GY to clarify what was in the PM. GY responds with a well I didn't get the original PM response, followed by a smiley. WTF? You just accused the guy of asking for his fellow posters to be banned, and you come up with a bucket of sh1t answer like that. Which is later proved to be a lie btw.

This post sums it up perfectly. How dare she accuse a fellow poster of something, and while being in full possession of the facts tries to laugh if off as if it was some sort post on consistency. Rather than addressing the mis-information you have posted about deise29, you decide to accuse him of being impolite and unreasonable. You've some neck tbh.

GY you knew exactly what you said.The fact that you decided (once again) to try to worm yourself out of apologising (at that stage) on try to muddy the waters with crap like "consistency" and smileys, shows you up for what you are. A sham of a mod, who has no place modding a board like soccer. No place whatsoever.

There are many more area's on this thread where you have shown yourself to be unfit to moderate a busy forum like soccer (your apologies this morning are laughable tbh) i.e. "I was wrong if I suggested that deise complained", you know what you suggested, your just not man (woman enough) to admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hobart wrote: »
    To finish,

I'd like to echo those asking for GY to step aside/stand down. I think, on reviewing this thread, that she has shown that she is un-trustworthy and evasive, and has posted total inaccuracies and downright lies. I cite a couple of examples below. There are many many more on this thread.

A complete fabrication.

GuanYin harps on about "consistency". Neil1984 makes a very very valid point directly GuanYin about this lack of consistency (and asks for an answer on a number of occasions) and yet she chooses to ignore him.

Neil1984 directly accuses you in this post of being responsible for implementing this rule. You deny it here, when he asks can he display the PM which shows that once more you are in error, you come back with this. Neil responds by saying No, not that one. The one before it. . GuanYin's silence is deafening, despite responding to every other post Neil has typed, she refuses to answer this request. So Neil tries again and I think Neil pretty much hit's the nail on the head with this post with the "wall of silence" remark.

Pighead addresses the issue of abuse in this post which is fairly clear and addresses each and every issue.

GY directly accuses a "poster" (who we know is dessie59) of claiming that the mods were not consistent by not banning the users who thanked the abusive post after killmee0 was banned. A direct accusation in this post. She has the opportunity to also back up her "it wasn't me" accusation which has been leveled at her from Neil, and yet she does not respond.

deise responds with understandable outrage about being accused of asking for users to be banned. He then asks for GY to clarify what was in the PM. GY responds with a well I didn't get the original PM response, followed by a smiley. WTF? You just accused the guy of asking for his fellow posters to be banned, and you come up with a bucket of sh1t answer like that. Which is later proved to be a lie btw.

This post sums it up perfectly. How dare she accuse a fellow poster of something, and while being in full possession of the facts tries to laugh if off as if it was some sort post on consistency. Rather than addressing the mis-information you have posted about deise29, you decide to accuse him of being impolite and unreasonable. You've some neck tbh.

GY you knew exactly what you said.The fact that you decided (once again) to try to worm yourself out of apologising (at that stage) on try to muddy the waters with crap like "consistency" and smileys, shows you up for what you are. A sham of a mod, who has no place modding a board like soccer. No place whatsoever.

There are many more area's on this thread where you have shown yourself to be unfit to moderate a busy forum like soccer (your apologies this morning are laughable tbh) i.e. "I was wrong if I suggested that deise complained", you know what you suggested, your just not man (woman enough) to admit it.

Internet. Serious business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Internet. Serious business.

Accusing people of being rats, and telling complete lies. Serious Business!

I'd like to echo those asking for GY to step aside/stand down. I think, on reviewing this thread, that she has shown that she is un-trustworthy and evasive, and has posted total inaccuracies and downright lies.

I also believe GY should step down as mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I'm not going to go as far as suggesting that she stands down, but my patience has been wearing thin of late. I posted a help desk thread yesterday. There are questions directly asked to her. She knows the thread exists, yet she pretends like the thread doesn't exist while posting away elsewhere on boards.

That said, glad to read of other people other than myself that are unhappy with the way she's treated me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

To finish,

A complete fabrication.

I'd consider thanking that, but I fear the consequences... :) (smilie, just cause)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Feedback requires a certain bit of sitting back and waiting for people to respond.

Out of 650-odd posts, a grand total of seven (7) are from admins or smods. Now, the intention probably was to get the Soccer mods' attention, but in all reality, if you've taken the feedback route, then that means you've tried to talk to the mod and not gotten anywhere.

This thread started an hour after I left work to go drinking on Friday and had 300 posts by the time I got out of bed the next day. You can't expect anyone except a few hardliners to start from the start and give you honest feedback. This is the primary reason why it appears like everyone's just shouting at eachother and nothing has changed - because nobody gave anyone else a chance to respond. The only people posting were the ones who had made their minds up - what's the point in that?

Maybe we should close Feedback on Friday and reopen it on Monday morning :)

A Help Desk thread has been started, which will have a better S:N ratio. I really don't think anything has/is being accomplished in this thread, unless someone wants to set me straight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement