Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 Reviews

Options
  • 16-01-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭

Got a subscription copy of PSM3 yesterday. They claim an exclusive review but I am sure thats just on this side of the pond and in the printed media.

Anyway, 95%. "The fighting game of our generation".

Alot of good things to say about its balance as well, Sagat is apparently the strongest character but the gap between him and the weakest is negligible they argue.

What else did they say...? Eh they said it is extremely easy to pick up as you would expect and that you intuitively learn more with every fight.

Alot of high praise it must be said. I rate the magazine's opinion highly.

It looks as though this game may be worth the wait. I don't think I have ever looked forward to a beat-em-up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'll wait until the non exclusive reviews come out before I start reading anything.

Although I'll probably be picking it up regardless of reviews, I don't have a joystick and worry about playing with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I wasn't suggetsing you buy the magazine.

They do good reviews though. Most multi-platforms usually do better than the excluisives.

Anyway, I do trust them. Have never set me wrong but more to the point I pretty much anticipate this game will recieve critical acclaim based on theis review. Their standards are relatively high-certainly higher than some of the rags on the net designed to attract hits.

Is this really why they didn't sell us SF2:HD though? For fear we would not see any reason to upgrade to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

noodler wrote: »
    I wasn't suggetsing you buy the magazine.

They do good reviews though. Most multi-platforms usually do better than the excluisives.

Anyway, I do trust them. Have never set me wrong but more to the point I pretty much anticipate this game will recieve critical acclaim based on theis review. Their standards are relatively high-certainly higher than some of the rags on the net designed to attract hits.

Is this really why they didn't sell us SF2:HD though? For fear we would not see any reason to upgrade to this?

No the ps3 version of SF2:HD is supposed to be very buggy. At least that's what I read from anyone who downloaded it from the US PSN store. Capcom claimed there was a problem with the european servers for the game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Cool (although I'll be waiting for the PC version :( )

Did it say much about the net code?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No the ps3 version of SF2:HD is supposed to be very buggy. At least that's what I read from anyone who downloaded it from the US PSN store. Capcom claimed there was a problem with the european servers for the game as well.
    Dunno what version theyve been playing:confused:
    Only issue ive had would be a little lag online but thats at least partially from my connection

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Cool (although I'll be waiting for the PC version :( )

Did it say much about the net code?

Not a thing. It mentioned online achievements etc for your username alright but it didn't mention online multi or lag in the slightest.

It would be a bit like them no to review the net play until the next issue when servers or up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Slightly off topic and a bit of a long shot, but does anybody know of an arcade in London that has this?
    Have my 360 version preordered, but can't bloody wait!!!

I didn't even know they xisted outside of J-Pan to be honest.

Did a bit of googling on it now, it seems that quite a few exist outside of Japan, but none in Europe...
    http://www.eventhubs.com/articles/2008/aug/15/street-fighter-4-arcade-machine-tracker/

yeah I've played many americans in SF3:3s who've played SFIV in the arcades over there. Heard nothing but positive things from them. Cept that they didnt add any 3s characters :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The arcade cabs are only available in japan but some arcade operators have imported them to America. You won't find any doing it over here. They are so badly run and not making enough money to bother with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

played it over in Japan last summer. Its worth the wait guys! its bloody brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I want this game now.

Anyone know of a decent arcade stick for the PS3??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I want this game now.

not that im aware of. i have a wii arcade stick rewired to an xbox360 controller that when SFIV comes out, ill be ready :P will probably get it on PC too, hope the netcode will be good on the PC

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I want this game now.

Yeah the madcatz SFIV ones (although I'm pretty sure the TE version is sold out)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anyone know of a decent stick for XXX
    MarkMan's arcade stick ranking chart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Rank SS = SFIV TE Stick..

I want it!!!!!

He should know, hes the guy behind the SFIV sticks hehe :p

tman wrote: »
    Slightly off topic and a bit of a long shot, but does anybody know of an arcade in London that has this?
    Have my 360 version preordered, but can't bloody wait!!!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=173177

Thanks for the heads up, Cunny-Funt.
    Will only be a few days before release, but at least my broke ass will be able to test it with arcade sticks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

so which would be better to get sf 2 hd remix or sf 4???

4 I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

When is it out on the PC? Will it be out earlier in the US/Japan for PC and will they be playable on my laptop here? Although as far as I know there's no such thing as PAL/US/JAP pc games :)

We'll know once its released on the consoles. Hopefully it wont be too long.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the online of it may be locked to a specific region though. although PC games are not known to do this console games are and depending how well capcom port this - i'm aware the arcade version is basically running off a pc but that doesn't mean the PC version will be good they could do a shoddy port of the console version - will determine whether or not the online will be good or not on the PC.

I'm sure it will be fine though.

Online on the pc is likely to be better than on the consoles as usual unless they seriously **** up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just ordered my pad from play, they better get it to me on release date :D

We need to a Street Fighter boardie day when it releases :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Saw SF4 in an arcade here in Bangkok yesterday. It looks absolutely amazing! Didn't play though as there was a pretty big queue and I probably would of been embarrassingly whitewashed ;) I took a video as well but it isn't great quality so don't if its worth uploading to youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just ordered my pad from play, they better get it to me on release date :D

Play.com took about 5 days after release to get L4D to me.

Frustrating. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah theres no chance of play getting anything to you by release in my experience.

Advertisement