Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 Reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Saw SF4 in an arcade here in Bangkok yesterday. It looks absolutely amazing! Didn't play though as there was a pretty big queue and I probably would of been embarrassingly whitewashed ;) I took a video as well but it isn't great quality so don't if its worth uploading to youtube?

theres a good few vids already on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Fnz wrote: »
    Play.com took about 5 days after release to get L4D to me.

Frustrating. :D

took nearly 3 weeks for GTAIV to arrive. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Online on the pc is likely to be better than on the consoles as usual unless they seriously **** up.

I assume both will be P2P servers.

Play dont have a date for PC version and gamefaqs just says 20/2/2009 :(

better come on PC :mad:

It is coming to pc, but the date wont be announced till after the console release. They have said before that ALL versions will be out during winter however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

took nearly 3 weeks for GTAIV to arrive. :mad:
    Ouch! If you were looking forward to playing that game as much as I was looking forward to L4D... ouch!
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Play dont have a date for PC version and gamefaqs just says 20/2/2009 :(

better come on PC :mad:

Awww...... that's not the answer. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It is coming to pc, but the date wont be announced till after the console release. They have said before that ALL versions will be out during winter however.
    http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM03471&title=street_fighter_iv

Released: 29 May 2009

Not sure if that's anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah I'd say April or May for the PC version is most likely, somtime in the second quarter anyway.

yeah its looking like that alright.....

FECK IT! I want to play the game NOW!!! Its gonna be even more head wrecking when its out on other platforms but I can;t play it :mad:

I've been waiting for this game for over a year now, reading forums , constantly looking stuff up about it. Never been this hyped over a game in years.

Before they said anything about a release (when they were only talking about the arcade version) I said I would definitely buy a console for it.
    Now I'm a full on PC gamer and have zero interest in any other games on consoles, so I really would be buying one for just one game and nothing else. This sounded mad to some of my console owning mates , but in fairness I would play SFIV more then they would all of their games put together.

Plus Street Fighter is always a game you can come back to, it doesn't get old, so I would get my moneys worth.

But at the same time I was still hoping and pushing for a PC version.

But this extra wait is gonna kill me >.<:p

Anyone wanna gimmie a lend of a 360 or PS3 for a few weeks? :p How cheap are 2nd hand PS3's? lol

If only I could rent a console for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah I'm in the same situation. I don't own or want to own a console but I have to buy one :(. Even if I somehow managed to gather the strength to wait the months for the PC release of SF4 I still have to get a console for Resident Evil 5 which is out in March.
    I'm still gonna get the PC version for the online play though.

Well I'd have no use for the console once SFIV comes to pc but to be honest, if there was a way of bagging a cheap 2nd hand PS3 for around 100 euro I'd do it.

I just can't wait to play SFIV :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If you find somene selling a PS3 for 100e then be very sceptical.

Buy an arcade 360 if you are that pushed. PLentry of games just don't cut it on PC for me.

Sports, RPGS and this to name but a few.

I wouldn't go 360 as then I'd have to pay to play online...

But when SFIV does come to PC , it'll be far better on pc then any of the consoles, particularly for online. Unless capcom **** up the port.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unless capcom **** up the port.

The arcade board is basically a PC so I doubt even Capcom could suck it up. Hopefully it won't be another Resi 4 travesty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

id buy a console just for it, saying that the PC version is probably gonna take standard with everyone pirating it and playing it online.

No ones gonna be able to play online if they pirate it though. & while there will be people that'll download it, anyone worth playing would buy the thing anyway. Whats the point in single player?

SF is meant to be played against people.

Anyway yeah the arcade uses a Taito Type X2

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
    RAM: 2gb DDR2 667/800MHz
    GPU: Geforce 7900 GS card.

But they could **** up how online match making works or something. Or leave us with a dumbed down consolised version of it.

Or hell they could enhance it. As I've read people talking about how I think Ono said they couldnt implement GGPO style netcode as much as they'd like to have on the console due to lack of processing power.

Maybe they'll add that in for the PC, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Why is PC taking the longest if that's what it's built on :( You'd expect it to be the first out.. April is too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

cormie wrote: »
    Why is PC taking the longest if that's what it's built on :( You'd expect it to be the first out.. April is too long!
    If they brought it out on PC first the vast majority of proper SF players would just buy it on that. This way they'll buy it on a console first and the PC later.

I'll probably get it on the PC when it comes out, and the fact that 360 Madcatz controllers work on PC will be handy.

Is it not because it will sell more on consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

noodler wrote: »
    Is it not because it will sell more on consoles?

... and with a higher profit margin... and there's the perception that it will be pirated less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

those specs are pretty high standard !?

• Advertisement

Not at all, that'd be about an average gaming pc there. If not below average. Keep in mind, the game runs maxed out with those specs as well. Thats no indication at all of 'minimum requirements' to run the actual game. Thats just the specs of the arcade machines.

Also note that if you built a PC with those specs it'd probably be cheaper than a PS3.

7900gs is an old card at this stage. Geforce have already gone past the 9 series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game is also optimised to run on just that hardware, but even still it shouldn't take much work to do a conversion. The game runs in a windows enviroment on the arcade machines as is.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/47757/jackie_chan_street_fighter/

somewhat related in a ****ing insane kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got my PS3 copy on pre-order with Amazon (am living in UK) and is due to ship on 19th along with a subsonic arcade stick. That's a bit of a risk but it has a nice wrist rest for your right hand and seems to be fairly decent for £25. Unfortunately I'm travelling the weekend of the 20th so won't get to play it till the evening of Monday 23rd. Something to look forward to.

TC

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TinCool wrote: »
    Got my PS3 copy on pre-order with Amazon (am living in UK) and is due to ship on 19th along with a subsonic arcade stick. That's a bit of a risk but it has a nice wrist rest for your right hand and seems to be fairly decent for £25. Unfortunately I'm travelling the weekend of the 20th so won't get to play it till the evening of Monday 23rd. Something to look forward to.

TC
    Never heard of Subsonic before.
    Considering a single Sanwa JLF costs around £20, I wouldn't keep my hopes up...

Not at all, that'd be about an average gaming pc there. If not below average. Keep in mind, the game runs maxed out with those specs as well. Thats no indication at all of 'minimum requirements' to run the actual game. Thats just the specs of the arcade machines.

Also note that if you built a PC with those specs it'd probably be cheaper than a PS3.

7900gs is an old card at this stage. Geforce have already gone past the 9 series.

Even with a BlueRay drive in it? Do PCs have wireless included?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Never heard of Subsonic before.
    Considering a single Sanwa JLF costs around £20, I wouldn't keep my hopes up...

I'm not :p but it'll do the job for me. I'm not in the market of spending 100+ on an arcade stick that ultimately will only be used for a handful of games.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Even with a BlueRay drive in it? Do PCs have wireless included?

In answer to Noodlers questions I just did up a Street Fighter IV PC based on the nearest currently comparable components to the arcade cabinet on komplett.ie as well as factoring in other components except the monitor. (if you think thats cheating I'll remind people a PC can be used on your TV)
    Note komplett.ie are not the cheapest around so you probably could do better. I bet some other people could knock off €50.00 by looking around. Same goes for the PS3 price I have listed.

The only thing I'm not sure about is graphics cards. But the one listed should be about right. I could not find a CPU as low spec as the one listed in the arcade cabinet. So this rig is more powerful than the arcade cabinet Oh and buy the way an arcade cabinet of SF IV costs $15,000 (excluding import fees which technically is illegal) if anyone is interested. The PC is abit more powerful than the arcade machine but that could be viewed as compensation for the extra performance overhead you would expect on the PC.

Also if you think I'm cheating by not including the cost of a pad or arcade stick with the PC version then I suggest you play the Irish Super Turbo player Delatroy on GGPO. He's the best Irish player I have meet and he uses a keyboard.

CPU Intel Core™ 2 Duo E7300 2,66GHz, €112.46 (Heatsink included)
    Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2, G31, Socket-775 €51.01
    Hard Drive Samsung SpinPoint T166 250GB SATA2 €40.17
    Ram Kingston ValueR. DDR2 PC6400 2048MB CL5, €24.00
    PSU NorthQ 4001AL, 400W Metallic Blue, 120mm €39.00
    GPU Point of View GeForce 8600GTS 256MB €88.87
    DVD Drive LG DVD Drive DH16NS10 €19.00
    OS Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3 OEM, ENG €87.50
    Keyboard Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 €13.96
    Mouse Logitech RX250 Optical Premium Wheel €13.95

PC Total Cost €489.92
    PS3 Cost €378.99

If you wanted a Blu-Ray drive (which is also a Blu-Ray writer you would add on additional €80.00 as they could be picked up for €99.00 and you could remove the DVD driver. A wireless card could be got for an additional €14.81.
    However while Blu-Ray and Wireless come as standard with the PS3, if we are talking about features not related to gaming the PC would win hands down with the ability to run a million and one different apllications, rip dvd's and do all sorts of other things. The PC listed above also has much more storage. Both systems are free to play online. Of course the PC version will not be out till quater two of this year but when its out probably be €10-€15 cheaper.

So if you wanted a PC capable of maxing SF IV and have PS3 capabilites the total cost would reach €584.73.

So while a PC would be roughly €100 dearer I personally see it as better value. I own both so I'm sorted. I intend to get the PS3 version on release but switch over to the PC when that version is out.
    ... and with a higher profit margin... and there's the perception that it will be pirated less.

Fnz
    I was always under the impression that PC games has higher profit margins as no fees have to be payed to the console makers?. As for piracy, its not a perception that it will be pirated less on a console thats a reality. Even a casual glance on any torrent site will show PC games are downloaded on a much larger scale than console games. As this article on Tweakguide proves:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_4.html

However having said that the Xbox 360 version has been obtained by those dastardly pirates already.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Street-Fighter-IV-Already-Leaked-and-Available-For-Download-For-the-Xbox-360-104243.shtml

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »

Also if you think I'm cheating by not including the cost of a pad or arcade stick with the PC version then I suggest you play the Irish Super Turbo player Delatroy on GGPO. He's the best Irish player I have meet and he uses a keyboard.

Oh come on, he uses the KB and is good thats complete arse.

Please show me 3 keys that are capable of doing Down bottom right and abutton in a smooth movement.

hes using macros if hes pulling off special moves.

the best irish player is some lad who used to post here kjda or something. There was a boards.ie tourney a few years ago and he hammered everyone in Sf2 and insisted his oppenent picked his fighter for him or something. Ronan Raven? knows him, and retogamer got his ass handed to him by this dudes kid :D

Advertisement