Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 Reviews

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Kdjac is good, but I wouldn't say the best in Ireland. I'm sure there's some Third Strike players here who are pretty awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    and retogamer got his ass handed to him by this dudes kid :D

It's true :( However the rumour is he thought his son how to do a quarter circle forward and punch fireball before he could even walk.

Third Strike is for posing ponces. SF2 is a mans game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Azza wrote: »

Also if you think I'm cheating by not including the cost of a pad or arcade stick with the PC version then I suggest you play the Irish Super Turbo player Delatroy on GGPO. He's the best Irish player I have meet and he uses a keyboard.

I played him on 2df in 3rd strike actually a few weeks ago there. I think he'd only started playing 3s at the time. So obviously I was better then him but I could tell that he was a v.good player from seeing him play anyway. In fact if he wasn't trying to play 3s like it was ST he'd have probably given me a hard time. If he kept up 3s since then he'd probably be better then me by now judging by what I saw.

Anyway yeah I've encountered some amazing players on 3s that use KB. I still think they're insane for using one but theres massive skill there.

In regards to the PS3 v PC price war, a pc with = power to a PS3 (which would be a pretty damn weak PC by todays standards) would be cheaper.

& blue ray has nothing to do with gaming ability. Seriously people need to stop being fan boys and see whats actually better for their money. & btw I have a PS3, and a gaming pc, and even though I've played ps3s before I was still shocked and how limited their capabilities are compared to even my gaming pc. Which no where near the best in terms of what you can buy for the pc.

**edit**

SF2 ST/HD remix etc are fantastic games. But imo 3s is even better. ****in amazing game when you get into it.

The best Irish 3s player I've encountered is Ramza12356 or something, I forget his name. Dunno if he's even on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IMHO, a keyboard is actually a pretty decent control mechanism for fighting games -- think of it as a strange arcade stick, with a button-pad instead of a stick.
    In some respects, it could even be better than a bad (mushy) pad, and you can drum inputs with your fingers better than with your thumbs.

But I still prefer a good joystick & arcade buttons -- stick for the tighter control, buttons for the lighter touch & larger size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Indeed, in fact I'd rate a keyboard over a 360 pad tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

A keyboard isn't bad for using charge characters. I used to be handy with Honda when I was a kid playing the DOS version of SF2 back before PC controllers were around.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

**** yeah!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Retr0gamer wrote: »

probably the most 'technical' and competitive fighting game ever to be released.
    Frame data has never come into effect as much as it has in 3rd strike, i mean having to look at what moves take too long to output and then get back to normal state, total nerdness.

3rd strike is amazing, also released in 1999 ! crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    probably the most 'technical' and competitive fighting game ever to be released.
    Frame data has never come into effect as much as it has in 3rd strike, i mean having to look at what moves take too long to output and then get back to normal state, total nerdness.

3rd strike is amazing, also released in 1999 ! crazy
    KOF & Virtua Fighter would like a word with you... outside.

Advertisement