Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter Premier League loan deals in January

• 16-01-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭

I was just looking at the recent rumours in the window and I seen that Manucho looks like he is joining Hull on loan for the rest of the season.

United play Hull in the very last fixture of the current campaign at which stage it most likely the League will already be decided one way or the other.

Should these tranfers be allowed?

I personally don't believe that they should. Basically United are assisting a team to strengthen before they play two of their Premier League rivals namely Arsenal and Chelsea in the next month. There have been strict guidelines regarding loan deals with other Premier League clubs and I personally don't think they should be allowed during the season. I have no problem with them before the season starts. I also have no problem with transfers between different leagues during the season.

For those United fans who read this, I'm not just talking about United here but all clubs. Chelsea could very well do the same thing or Arseanl, Liverpool or Villa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Why would it make a difference when hull play united? He isn't allowed play...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

eagle eye wrote: »
    Basically United are assisting a team to strengthen before they play two of their Premier League rivals namely Arsenal and Chelsea in the next month

Thats why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Meh you could look at it as a sinister ploy, but it is a good move for a guy struggling to get into the Utd squad. Makes sense from Utd's point of view, he may come back with bags of confidence - regardless, what have they got to lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

For those United fans who read this, I'm not just talking about United here but all clubs. Chelsea could very well do the same thing or Arsenal, Liverpool or Villa.

they already have...jay simpson to WBA...i think its more to do with him getting premier league experience than anything,

though him scoring a hat trick v villa would help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool gave players (Cudicini for example) to Villa than Arsenal would probably have a legitimate complaint that the other three were trying to **** them over. Manucho to hull is never going to be relevant in the title chase though. He's not that good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its not the actual player that I'm talking about. Lets say Everton who are always a tough team to play lost two players before the Liverpool game and suddenly one of the other teams in contention or a couple of them come in and offered a player or two who is not going to figure seriously in their campaign to Everton.

Should these loans be allowed. I mean you have a chance to seriously affect results without playing yourself. I personally don't like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Its not the actual player that I'm talking about. Lets say Everton who are always a tough team to play lost two players before the Liverpool game and suddenly one of the other teams in contention or a couple of them come in and offered a player or two who is not going to figure seriously in their campaign to Everton.

Should these loans be allowed. I mean you have a chance to seriously affect results without playing yourself. I personally don't like that.

I know what you are saying but as long as the loans happen during the transfer window then it's OK.

If they changed the rules to only allow that loans could only be arranged during the close season then that is a different story, albeit during who's off season?

Very difficult to manage.

Advertisement