Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather forum

Options
  • 16-01-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭

I am not a contributor to the weather forum in any shape or form but i do enjoy reading alot of the threads.Couple of reasons really, its nice to know what kind of weather we are likely to have , i enjoy all the snow talk and am like a kid before xmas day when any mention of possible snow in Ireland comes up.

Lately the place has been a real mess with loads of snide comments and back biting between some of the mods and regular posters alike.Maybe i am wrong but i thought the whole point of a forum was to facilitate the content that the users of the forum would like to see and discuss. This doesn't seem to be the case and threads seemed to get locked well before they have run their course and it seems in most cases just when certain mods deem fit.

I am not getting at anyone in particular with this post but last night a thread went up from one from one of the moderators in regards to certain issues and he decided in this post to call it a day in the forum. One of the other mods followed suits and i think a poster or two. This morning this thread seems to have been removed.

I seen a comment this morning from one of the user basically asking could we maybe get a thread explaining what happened. He was basically told by the mod to shut up and please stay on topic. Maybe i am completely mistaking events and things in the forum and if i am well and good but all doesn't seem right in the forum and would like if someone could address the deleted thread ?

Are the mods gone ? Why are they gone ?

Why are some users continually allowed to undermine certain posters in the forum ?

Why do threads keep getting locked just because certain people feel they have run their course ? Isn't this up to the community ?

I have more but meh i think thats enough ranting for one post

Opr
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

See: here

Wrong forum also btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Sully wrote: »
    See: here

Wrong forum also btw. :)

Thanks missed that. Seems a bit odd that they won't even comment but who am i to argue.

lol which one should it be ?

Opr

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sometimes commenting on a situation thats being looked into by an admin will make things worse. Any type of investigation whether it be internal affairs or the courts usually recommends not discussing it so it doesnt affect the case.

So while the site admins are looking into the situation we cant really comment.

I would imagine but I cant say for sure, that some comment will be given at a later date officially. Anything in between that is speculation, lies, bull****, twisting of the truth etc.

Plus, its not our business anyway! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement