Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week 09

• 16-01-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Any bands/events been chalked down for this year's rag week? I haven't heard about it as much as last year. All I do know is that it's gonna be mental!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

When is it? I'll probably have to work in the feckin lab (being in 4th year and all... ...).

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

Kevster wrote: »
    When is it? I'll probably have to work in the feckin lab (being in 4th year and all... ...).

I think it's around the 3rd week of Feb or there abouts, not really sure tbh.

Really? That's coincidentally around the time of my birthday... ...In-ter-es-ting... ...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

I think it's around the 3rd week of Feb or there abouts, not really sure tbh.
    IT Carlow Rag week 2009
    Monday 23th - Friday 27th of February.

(Or Friday 20th February - 1st of March if you're inclined to include the unofficial weekend brain damage bookends for the week). For pity's sake, drink sensibly, no one's gonna be impressed if you can throw up way more than that other guy... Freshers, this means YOU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

a5y wrote: »
    For pity's sake, drink sensibly, no one's gonna be impressed if you can throw up way more than that other guy... Freshers, this means YOU.
    Drink and sensibly are two words that should never be used together in a post about Rag Week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

any 1 see the foundry line up? i am quite dissapointed.. no decent djs like last yr. no red and head :(

DJ michael, DJ Tom.. yada yada yada

Lookin forward to republic of loose on the tues tho!

Lisa Lashes in Temple..

foundry wrote: »
    any 1 see the foundry line up? i am quite dissapointed.. no decent djs like last yr. no red and head :(
    I dont really care much for who is the DJ, they tend to play the same unless they make there own stuff.
    foundry wrote: »
    DJ michael, DJ Tom.. yada yada yada

Lookin forward to republic of loose on the tues tho!

Lisa Lashes in Temple..
    Im looking forward to the blizzards myself. It's going to be one messy week regardless of who is playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Why does it have to be so dear into the foundry? It's like 15 squid into it on the thursday! It's annoying not having money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

A7X wrote: »
    Why does it have to be so dear into the foundry? It's like 15 squid into it on the thursday! It's annoying not having money

cos people are stupid enough to pay for it

lol yeah. its annoyin cause i know ill end up goin der cause thts where everyone will be...

• Advertisement

A7X wrote: »
    lol yeah. its annoyin cause i know ill end up goin der cause thts where everyone will be...
    Or you can be different and not go! That will teach the foundry people whats what, you might in leveritts on your own but the principle counts.

Or you can be different and not go! That will teach the foundry people whats what, you might in leveritts on your own but the principle counts.

Theres a word i use for ideas like that... sh1te. lol imagine doin tht. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

anyone up for boycotting the foundry?

a5y wrote: »
    IT Carlow Rag week 2009

Monday 23th - Friday 27th of February.

(Or Friday 20th February - 1st of March if you're inclined to include the unofficial weekend brain damage bookends for the week). For pity's sake, drink sensibly, no one's gonna be impressed if you can throw up way more than that other guy... Freshers, this means YOU.

Anyone notice that it should be '23rd' and not '23th'? No, I didn't think so... ...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

Kevster wrote: »
    Anyone notice that it should be '23rd' and not '23th'? No, I didn't think so... ...:p

hello, mr picky.

... ...someone call me?

*starts picking his nose*

Oh, wait, you meant 'picky' in the other sense.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

Any bands/events been chalked down for this year's rag week? I haven't heard about it as much as last year. All I do know is that it's gonna be mental!! :D

YoungPayters we should session the sh*t out of it as i like when you say its gonna be messy n mental - you sound mad

YoungPayters we should session the sh*t out of it as i like when you say its gonna be messy n mental - you sound mad
    rag week last year mostly consistented of the same conversation every morning:
    me: "Ah! I cant feel anything!"
    some1 :"Any good last night?"
    me: "Dunno, cant remember a thing! I remember walking around the foundry alot, then I just woke up at home all of a sudden, you?"
    some1: "I was walking around with ya the whole night u clown, u were twisted, do u remember?"
    me : "no"
    some1: "haha"
    me: "Im getting a shower and a can"

I am fair looking forward to those conversations again!!! Woo Hoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

rag week last year mostly consistented of the same conversation every morning:
    me: "Ah! I cant feel anything!"
    some1 :"Any good last night?"
    me: "Dunno, cant remember a thing! I remember walking around the foundry alot, then I just woke up at home all of a sudden, you?"
    some1: "I was walking around with ya the whole night u clown, u were twisted, do u remember?"
    me : "no"
    some1: "haha"
    me: "Im getting a shower and a can"

I am fair looking forward to those conversations again!!! Woo Hoo!
    nice one lad ne big plans 4this year???

nice one lad ne big plans 4this year???
    Ah nothing much, other than just drinking the **** outta it and we'll see how it goes! No plans cause I probably wont stick to it, just take it day by day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Anyone wana buy me free drinks? I am broke and I need a drink!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

I could correct that, but if was going to bother to edit it, I'd just r3wr1t3 1t 1n 13375p3ak because enforcing grammar on the internet is like expecting horses to wear nappys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

College green used to be a great spot for crashing house parties back in the day. to hell with the foundry. (I'm still mad about the BMW competion)

that was a fun week. tried to stay away from the foundry, went sunday, tuesday and thursday :D
    The foundry was actually good craic, republic of loose weren't that great though, only got good near the end of their set.
    But all in all that was one kickass week!!

trouble makers yis!

couple of people evicted from Southern Gardens and Carraig Abhainn over the week.

ClioV6 wrote: »
    trouble makers yis!

couple of people evicted from Southern Gardens and Carraig Abhainn over the week.
    yeah I only heard a little bit about the trouble down in carraig abhainn. What happened down there?

Scumbags with drink in them is all really.
    Got what was coming to them.

Who left the sinks blocked and the taps running in the ground-floor men's toilets over by the reception? It happened last week.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Just a quick question.
    The person who won the car, how long did they stand there touching it?

• Advertisement

Just a quick question.
    The person who won the car, how long did they stand there touching it?

28 hours I believe.

Won by paying the last remaining lad 500euro.

Advertisement