Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Transit instrument lcd failed with dashed lines

• 16-01-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

My 07 transit recently developed a problem with the in dash lcd display, every field has dashed lines in it, it is as if there is no information coming to the display. so the remaining fuel miles, the trip miles, and the odo are all just
    ? ? also the engine management is intermittently coming on..
    the van is driving perfect and has no obvious engine problems..
    Anybody ever seen this before???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Nope, but I take it it's still under warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bg

Anan1 wrote: »
    Nope, but I take it it's still under warranty?

I hope so, I bought it private 3 months ago..

The warranty on Ford cars is 2 years from new, I don't know whether it's the same with commercials? It'll say in the handbook. Assuming it's been serviced as per the book, it should still be covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

yea,2 years warranty on commercials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmmm

its only the electricals ??

every ford from 07 seems to be having trouble... even the bullet proof ( not litterally ) focus...

just play it by ear and check with the garage you bought it from....

or was it private sale ?

• Advertisement

S.I.R wrote: »
    hmmm

its only the electricals ??

every ford from 07 seems to be having trouble... even the bullet proof ( not litterally ) focus...

just play it by ear and check with the garage you bought it from....

or was it private sale ?
    Private sale
    Im hoping to get it pluged in this weekend ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

With a display full of dashs, on the transits this usually means a blown ECM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If it is just the LCD, kcsystems.ie in Watergrasshill in Cork can repair most LCD faults in cars/vans. Usually for between 100-150 Euro - well worth it.

Why pay anything if it's still under warranty?;)

With a display full of dashs, on the transits this usually means a blown ECM

What's an ECM ?? Is of easy to be replaced? I hope you don't mean the engine management computer !!
    The amber engine light also comes on.

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote: »
    If it is just the LCD, kcsystems.ie in Watergrasshill in Cork can repair most LCD faults in cars/vans. Usually for between 100-150 Euro - well worth it.

Cheers for the info if it turns out to be the LCD il be calling them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

it soundslike the GEM (General Electronic Module). I think this is a generic part in lots of models (I know its in the F150 truck in the US and is causing problems) If so and it's not under warranty then it could be (with labour) €1800. I have the same problem with my wifes Focus. In total I've have 3 new GEM's in it. Its been with the AA 17 times for various problems. luckily it was bought new so its covered at the moment, but I will have to get rid of it before the warranty goes.

it soundslike the GEM (General Electronic Module). I think this is a generic part in lots of models (I know its in the F150 truck in the US and is causing problems) If so and it's not under warranty then it could be (with labour) €1800. I have the same problem with my wifes Focus. In total I've have 3 new GEM's in it. Its been with the AA 17 times for various problems. luckily it was bought new so its covered at the moment, but I will have to get rid of it before the warranty goes.

I feel sick, I doubt it is under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

ECM= engine managment computer, common fail on the new Transits the dash display reading as you describe is usually the first fault it brings up

ECM= engine managment computer, common fail on the new Transits the dash display reading as you describe is usually the first fault it brings up
    If thats the case then i need a new ECU that wont be cheap!! is it likely to get any worse ? I can live with the LCD problem. Im not going to fork out thousands to get a new ECM just for the lcd on the dash. can the van just stop if the ECM packs up all together?

bg wrote: »
    I feel sick, I doubt it is under warranty.
    Why is that? Even if it was registered at the very start of 07 it's still close enough for goodwill.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Why is that? Even if it was registered at the very start of 07 it's still close enough for goodwill.

Bought it from a private sale dont know if it was serviced in ford fot the last 2 years.. Il check the weekend

bg wrote: »
    Bought it from a private sale dont know if it was serviced in ford fot the last 2 years.. Il check the weekend
    Private sale makes no difference, nor does it's not having been serviced by Ford, as long as it was looked after to manufacturers specifications.

Advertisement