Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-Phones,while great,have many problems

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Back to original OP.

Recent convert to iphone (have Belgian 100% Apple Unlocked with Irish €30 month 3 mobile contract).

Previously had various phones, nothing too fancy and a BB for emails / work etc. Also a pretty heavy GPS user, and very very heavy ipod user.

I'm delighted with my iPhone... GPS direction / mapping works great for walking (unlike every other GPS I've used). Phone is great. Like SMS conversations. Love the ebay, AIM, Facebook, Fring and LinkedIn applications (use all 4 a lot). ipod is great (previously a classic user). Email is fantastic. Installed 2.99 App to enable Mail-style viewing of Hotmail (panic over). Internet very good other than flash, which is coming thankfully. Battery life is OK, as a heavy video user I drain it a lot... but this is the same as any other device. The camera has served me well so far.

Insured it for free as part of house insurance. I got a 2 year warranty and no contract from the shop, so I'm happy.

Not felt the need to jailbreak yet as the built in featureset suits my needs.

Big cons;
    > Expensive phone
    > No flash in the browser yet
    > Not usable OOTB as "hard disk" like other ipods (solvable with appstore app).
    > No Hotmail support in mail (solved for €3 tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

3DataModem wrote: »
    Ba
    > No Hotmail support in mail (solved for €3 tho)

on this one point this really isn't apple's fault just than micro$oft charge to be able to use hotmail in this way so not an iphone issue

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭handyman

Hi, I got my phone updated to 2.2 and twice it crashed in me - i couldn't use the dial pad or make a phone call unless it was throu my contacts. The guy who updated it told me it was because i used 'CYDIA'. Does anyone know if this is true. Theres a lot on CYDIA I'd like to d/load but am afraid to touch it now!

PS I am SOOOO in love with my iphone! There'll never b anything better.

Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

The only program I've ever heard of crashing the dial pad is Kate, which comes from the Installer app. Check to see if it's installed and if it is, just register for a trial and the crashing will disappear.

Advertisement