Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

102 Diplomatic licence

Options
  • 16-01-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

What is this in reference to driving licenses?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's a restriction that's placed on a licence I think.

All of them are three digit numbers, like the codes for only allowing you to drive autos, and if you have to wear glasses, etc...

Dunno what the point of it is though, no points maybe? Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's stamped on the licences of foreign nationals who are part of the diplomatic corps working in embassies and are exempt from being penalised for most driving offences. They also have 'CD' embedded on the registration plates.

Basically, if a Garda stops a vehicle for a traffic offence, and the driver produces a diplomatic licence, the garda will know that there's not much point persuing the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is it not a pointless piece of paper then? They have diplomatic immunity anyway don't they?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

How do I go about exchanging my learner permit for one of these magic licences..? ;)

Advertisement