Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mensa IQ Test tomorrow UCD

Options
  • 16-01-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

!!!!!URGENT!!!!!PLEASE!HELP!!!!!

I just found out there's a Mensa IQ Test tomorrow at the UCD.

Does anybody now testing times and if it's a walk-in event?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If I remember rightly, it is not a walk in event. You have to first take the home test and if you get above a certin % of the population you can take the sit down test.

I am open to correction on this but I am rather sure about it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It was a long time ago, but I think there was a small fee involved too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mrpropre

Cheers guys.

Do you reckon I could pay the "small fee" at the site? Do you guys know a UCD phone number I can contact tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

According to the Mensa Ireland Test Dates page, you can book a place by email, no other requirements, and their FAQ says the fee is €24. They say UCD, but don't say where in UCD, so I don't think they want walk-ins. Never mind, they're doing it again on 21 March.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I did the home test first, and then the ones in UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

mrpropre wrote: »
    !!!!!URGENT!!!!!PLEASE!HELP!!!!!

I just found out there's a Mensa IQ Test tomorrow at the UCD.

Does anybody now testing times and if it's a walk-in event?

Thanks!

Why's this so URGENT!!!!?

You have to book the test. AFAIK you can't just walk in and take it. Do the home test first - see if you attain the percentile required then take the real one by booking it with Mensa. They run them all the time.
    Mensa.ie wrote:
    17th January 2009
    21st March 2009
    16th May 2009
    25th July 2009
    Time: 1:45pm

@The_Minister: so did I. And I was accepted. Feeling good about myself when I got home and the father-in-law flattened me with: "you know what they say about people with high IQs? - they're good at IQ tests" :o Never a truer word tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I prefer "Your IQ is an approximate measure of your ability to do IQ tests", myself. Never taken one, amn't bothered ever taking one. I know I'm smart, good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I did one of those years ago in UCD. Was accepted but didn't want to pay the membership fee. Don't see much point in joining once you have the score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Raphael wrote: »
    I prefer "Your IQ is an approximate measure of your ability to do IQ tests", myself. Never taken one, amn't bothered ever taking one. I know I'm smart, good enough for me.

I think you're making a false jump in logic; "IQ tests are not a fully accurate measurement of mental capacity, therefore they are meaningless"

Advertisement