Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Lessons Please...!

• 16-01-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey I'm looking for Bass Lessons in the Mayo/Galway area... I have my own Bass... so ya...!? Let us know if there's anyone out there teaching the Bass and how much...Thanks xxx:rolleyes:

lol Bass Gods (To me) Fieldly from Korn, and Tom Araya of Slayer.....

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fieldy is a bass god alrite........Id say if you posted this topic in the galway/mayo forum you'd have a better chance of getting a reply :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

since yer posting here I'll guess you want to play metal on the bass, learn with a pick is my recommendation:)
    Also, tabs, lots and lots of tabs to practice with while you get a teacher sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

and look for new gods. or at least one! i was considering giving bass lessons, but i'm in the midlands.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

youtube is a good source also for learning and this is a good tabs website www.bassmasta.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 IrishMetalGirl

youtube is a good source also for learning and this is a good tabs website www.bassmasta.net

Hey Thanks for the webbie... it's pretty awesome.... got a great big ol'range for me to learn for...!

• Advertisement

no probelmo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

since yer posting here I'll guess you want to play metal on the bass, learn with a pick is my recommendation:)
    Also, tabs, lots and lots of tabs to practice with while you get a teacher sorted
    I'd actually go with the opposite :). Playing fingerstyle is probably harder initially but you get a lot more control, speed and feel for the music than with a pick. It is worthwhile learning both styles though.

I would recommend not picking up a load of tabs as you'll get overwhelmed. Pick a song that you like that you want to learn the bass from and stick with it until you've learnt it!

This is another quite informative bass-related site.

nice one there malice:)
    i play with my fingers but after playing some of the faster stuff, its gets harder and harder to keep a constant rhythm going(for me at least)
    thats why i said pick:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

i play with my fingers but after playing some of the faster stuff, its gets harder and harder to keep a constant rhythm going(for me at least)
    thats why i said pick:)
    You're absoutely right. It can be hard if you just use your index and middle fingers. Depending on the song I try to use my ring finger as well but that can get awkward depending on the song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

I'd agree with learning fingers

- I'm pretty sure steve DiGiorgio who played with Death & thenhis own much less interesting but still good band sadus.. he was in testament for a bit as well.. his skills are well off the scale.

Also (although non metal) Victor Wooten (best bass player I've ever heard) - alternates, sometimes he plays pick, others with his fingers.. but he always seems to play his fastest and most complicated stuff with his fingers..

• Advertisement

the ring too?
    i know harris does that
    but I know i find myself adding grace notes where there shouldn't be

Advertisement