Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive-by egging in Carpenterstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

T-Square wrote: »
    The cop shop in Blanch is huge.

But you rarely see a cop walking the beat.

I've called this station and on several occassions was told
    that due to some carry on (drug heads shooting each other :D )
    they couldn't do anything.

There was me thinking, why can't then send a cop over to the relatively minor problem in my area? are ~all~ the cops on duty on the one job? a drug dealer being shot by another drug dealer (like anyone cares)

The cop shop is huge thats true, but so is the catchment area they cover.
    Drug dealer problems have a tendency to spill over and involve innocent bystanders, and with guns involved its something that has to be given priority and tackled straight away.
    i am hurt when i hear of these goings-on in our country. These little pests must be stopped at once i say.. how we stop them is the question. My theory is that weapons are no good, unless you posess a 4 foot samauri sword. its up to the gardai, and they should be able to catch these little twits if they patrol the place more often

Weapons or taking the law into your own hands is not the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It has been a while from when I last saw garda on the beat.
    They had been regular enough both walking and on bikes but this seems to have stopped over the summer. I do know there is only two cards and one van assigned to the station which is madmess considering the size of the area and the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I can appreciate there's too few guards for too big an area. But if ordinary people don't fear enforcement of minor laws that must mean those involved in more serious crimes have even less fear of enforcement.

What is being implied here is that ordinary people have almost no protection from assault or at least shouldn't expect any because the police are too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

BostonB wrote: »
    What is being implied here is that ordinary people have almost no protection from assault or at least shouldn't expect any because the police are too busy.
    It seems to be this way.
    I accept that the Gardai are not omnipresent, but I am very critical when they don't respond to complete reports e.g. they don't even bother to phone me about the many TrafficWatch reports I have made. I am providing them with car reg details (so they can immediately look up the owner) but they don't seem to do anything. :mad:

My residents association will be meeting a Sergeant in Blanchardstown next week. I'll be raising my concerns. (We surveyed our residents and most people have not seen Gardai in a long while).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I live in the ground floor apartment in a complex in coolmine and last Saturday morning we found our windows covered in egg with shells sitting on our windowsills. I had been wondering where it had come from but it must have been these little toe rags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Im sure it was a chicken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

daymobrew wrote: »
    It seems to be this way.
    I accept that the Gardai are not omnipresent, but I am very critical when they don't respond to complete reports e.g. they don't even bother to phone me about the many TrafficWatch reports I have made. I am providing them with car reg details (so they can immediately look up the owner) but they don't seem to do anything. :mad:

My residents association will be meeting a Sergeant in Blanchardstown next week. I'll be raising my concerns. (We surveyed our residents and most people have not seen Gardai in a long while).

<SNIP>
    MED EDIT: Personal abuse of other users is not tolerated here, or anywhere else on Boards.ie Peteypop, so please modify your future behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

sorry to bring up a slightly old thread - but there was a kid in court today (Thurs) who pleaded guilty to throwing an egg at a woman from a car .... she ended out losing sight in one of her eyes and has to have an operation to get a prostethic eye put in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Saw this report today. The guy blinded a nurse in one eye with an egg ending her career, and he's got away with it. Should have gone to jail IMO, this sends the wrong message completely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

was shocked when he realised he had thrown it at a grown woman and not another youth.

Huh... that's better because????

- Drav!

• Advertisement
Advertisement