Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need experienced help

• 16-01-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

i'm in no rush to get this but as there's a mighty load of tatoos here i thought ye might help

i'm looking for a suicide tattoo for my chest (man breast)

not a gothic one but i've lost three brothers to suicide and i'm not too gone on writing mainly cos i'm not too great with words.

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Sorry to hear about your brothers Ginja Ninja.

When you say a 'suicide tattoo' do you mean a tattoo that is representative of your losses or do you actually want an image that clearly refers to a suicide?

Think carefully before getting it done. You've experienced quite a harsh few blows, what ideas have you got in mind? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i'm in no rush to get this but as there's a mighty load of tatoos here i thought ye might help

i'm looking for a suicide tattoo for my chest (man breast)

not a gothic one but i've lost three brothers to suicide and i'm not too gone on writing mainly cos i'm not too great with words.

any ideas?
    Sorry to hear about your loss, May I suggest a samurai commiting hara kiri(sp)
    Basically in ancient Japan when a commander lost a battle he would kill himself to regain honour( it's the only suicide related tatt I can think of)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

it's hard to say really i have no exact idea's and it's not specifically the way they died but just some sort of remembrance
    and i'm not rushing into anything it's a few years since they died
    oh and NO CROSSES!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looking for suggestions on what to get is probably not the best way to get your design for this, as it won't mean the same to you as something more personal would.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

i have gotten a few memorial tattoos mostly wth a christian aspect as thats my grandfather and mother were into..

i wud suggest a tie in of maybe some portait style art work, involving little tie ins of what the your brothers were into e.g soccer cars..

check out mr.cartoon artwork on the net

its about memorial

or you could look into sugar skulls and that kind of line of art..

combine a load of pics from what you wish to associate with them and dicuss then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Sorry to hear about ur brothers, i know its not sympathy ur looking for here. Any way, this tat is a very personal tat, you are the only one that will know what is right, have a look at pictures in general, doesn't have to be an existing tat, actually none of my tats were tat pics before i got em,

If there is something close to ur heart that u feel is right then go to a tat artist and see what they can do with it for you, my first tat was of a ring i always wear, my next was sun moon and stars based on a pic i had, my next was a necklace i had of a chakra wheel, my next was a pixie looking after my kids and finally my last was flowers that mean alot to me, a flower my Da always drew, my ma's favourite flower and my favourite, all combined with swirls. As i said mine aren't out of any books, i found what i wanted and spoke to my tat guy about em.

Good luck and do what u feel is right for you, something that will give u strength and help you, tats are a personal thing and should be for the wearer ;)

Advertisement