Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing belt on an '04 Passat TDI

Options
  • 16-01-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Can anyone advise me on what would be a reasonable price to have the timing belt replaced on an '04 VW Passat 1.9 TDI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

Got an independant to do mine.

Belt water pump.

About 600 quid.

The whole front of the car was off, got a great pic with my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Got an independant to do mine.

Belt water pump.

About 600 quid.

The whole front of the car was off, got a great pic with my phone.

I got mine done in a VW Main dealer for that price. Included was;

Timing belt kit (tensioner's, timing belt and water pump)
    Aux belt (for the A/C pump)
    Diesel fuel filter (supposed to be changed every 20k)
    Refill of G11 coolant as frank said take the front of the car off which requires the rad to be drained.

BTW; It would have been 550 for the timing belt only that I wanted a new fuel filter which cost in the region of 25-30 euro and can be a bit of a hassel to fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 YourCourier.ie

Hmmmmm... interesting. Thanks for the advice.

I got a price of €600 from an independent. Will ring a main dealer for a price and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

you have aircon? job a lot more hassel if you do as the front can only be moved forward than pulled straight off

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

Had mine done independent for €800. Was quoted €600, but they needed to replace a pulley and belt after they took off the front of the car +extra labour.
    Didn't bother me as the local VW dealer wanted €1100+VAT for the basic timing belt job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement