Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whose the best soccer team in dublin?

• 16-01-2009 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

in terms of achievement, number of fans, player and stadium?

i think bohs by far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well Shamrock Rovers are the most sucessful team in Ireland, and will be playing out of tallaght this season.

For the city centre, Shelbourne FC (the team who I belove) play out of Tolka Park, in Drumcondra are the 3rd most successful team in Ireland.

Any more infi just ask, plan on going to a match pm me and well we'll amke you welcome at Shels.;)

Supporters wise Shels probably have the most hardcore support in Dublin, but for derbies it would be Rovers, but as I said they're playing out in Tallaght this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Supporters wise Shels probably have the most hardcore support in Dublin, .

Impartial, Gavin? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    Impartial, Gavin? :D

:D

But realistically our support hasn't been more than 1,500 fans, and thats when we were winning league and with Dublin derbies. This season we've had an average of 1,000 fans, with some games drawing 1,500 not to mention our away support has to be the most consistent in the league.

Whereas Rovers, you's had some lower attendences than us this season, yet you'll probably sell about 1,000 season tickets.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,022 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to the Soccer Forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Dorset Celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Broadford Rovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

bohs?:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Well Shamrock Rovers are the most sucessful team in Ireland, and will be playing out of tallaght this season.

For the city centre, Shelbourne FC (the team who I belove) play out of Tolka Park, in Drumcondra are the 3rd most successful team in Ireland.

Any more infi just ask, plan on going to a match pm me and well we'll amke you welcome at Shels.;)

Supporters wise Shels probably have the most hardcore support in Dublin, but for derbies it would be Rovers, but as I said they're playing out in Tallaght this season.
    Bohs are a lot closer to the city centre than your southside club's temporary accommodation ;)

Of course, the only way to answer the OP's question is to consult the league table (Premier Div).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

:
    yet you'll probably sell about 1,000 season tickets.:confused:

I don't actually know the exact average home attendance last season. Thought it was around 1600-1700 myself. Lot of poor gates (900-1000), with derbies making up the difference. Sure somebody else will know.

Think it's 800+ season tickets sold so far but there is still nearly two months to go. Also some of the tickets are family jobs, plus some members choose not to take up a free discounted season ticket and pay in.

I don't find the ticket uptake surprising, as the lapsed /borderline Rovers support is quite large, but consider this attendances this season: Rover's still marooned on the Northside, a lot of older hoops still hate Tolka; a part-time squad playing some pretty basic football under Scully; the last season before Tallaght syndrome, and no cup run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The best team in Dublin is the Republic of Ireland when they play their home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

1267414batmanretardednbtj8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement