Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water drops

• 17-01-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

I tried this out tonight, found it wasn't anywhere near easy to do. Found the focussing and positioning the hardest...here's a few of what wasn't thrown in the bin afterwards...

3202755488_a4ae25e3e2.jpg

3201907989_fd52eca24f.jpg

3201908081_e9bcb24b50.jpg

and finally...coffee with just a drop of milk

3202759526_7685d3c6f4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

Wow, you've achieved more than I have. Fair play. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Like the second one, sorta looks like a symbols (the musical varity) just out of curiousity what settings were you using? Did you use a flash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

tbh it's become a bit passe!.

The coffee with a drop of milk has great prospects imo. Coffee needs to be black though and not have milk in it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

yeah I know it's been done before many times but i'd never tried it. and the coffee was black to start!!

@ landyman, I was using a 100mm macro lens at f9-ish, flash from the side.

thanks for looking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I've tried these water shots recently myself and they are far from easy. Trying to get the positions, focussing and the timing right. I easily consumed a good hour and a half to only be happy with three shots!

I'm like the coffee shot, great capture. Maybe a tighter crop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The coffee on has great potential. I like it. As already said, black coffee ( i know it was from multiple tries).

I can't manage much more than bog standard holiday snaps and barely know one end of camera from another, but I love sticking my head in here and looking at the great shots that crop up at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Well done Cambo. I've been meaning to try this for some time - just haven't found it yet :(. Great shots. I find #1 sureal. Its not a typical water shot, its more like marbley but luvley. As for the coffee - it's original and well captured, though like other posters I would have prefered the bure black as against the latte. However next time put on a pot of brew or 10 ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

yeah I might try the coffee one again. would help too if I wasn't drinking out of the cup too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Irish gardens give great scope for waterdrop photography:

http://www.33cl.it/photos/photo/2558963038

Advertisement