Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebuyer.com ~ The ultimate pain for an Irish Buyer

Options
  • 17-01-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

eBuyer.com is a company based In howden UK, There prices are quite low, but as an Irish customer, the service you will receive is appalling.

1: There number is a British PREMIUM number (Ontop of paying international, your also paying premium)
    2: Delivery is 12.99£ for 5 day delivery, where it is free to UK mainland on orders over £49.99
    3: The courier they use, Citylink has to be the most un efficent courer I've ever dealth with, have waited 20 days for 12.99£ 5 day delivery!

Here's a recent personal experence:

I ordered a couple of computer components on the 20/12/08, they were destined to arive at my doorstep on the 29th (5 Day delivery, but allowance for the christmas period, I had to pay double the shipping 24£ because of the weight!)

I tried to contact citylink to see what was going on, but I could not be connected directly, as you are not allowed speak to citylink it's self in the ebuyer wearhouse, you have to go through a customer service agent.

They informed me that the item was infact sent out on the 28th, 8 DAYS after it should have been sent out, and it was destent to arrive at my doorstep in 5 days time (the 23rd), the twenty third comes, and passes. no contact from citylink nor ebuyer, I place a phone call and they inform me that they cannot get through to the Irish desk, as they have no contact number for them, At this stage, I'm really fustrated, all they could do is refund half my shipping, for **** service.

The item finally arrived on the 05/1/09, the whole delivery was about 10 days late.

I wish i could say that was the only problem with the order,

I put the whole computer together, to find out the power supply unit was faulty, which came with the case. I had to take the whole thing apart, and try to contact ebuyer to arrange a collection, I booked a return but then i was informed that I had to ring them to confirm it! They wanted me to ring the English premium number once again, at this stage I was ready to blow.

I signed up on the ebuyer forums seaking some support, eventully a member of the forums ( ebuyer staff ) approved the order without me having to ring.

I booked the collection on the thursday, they could not make it for friday nor monday, they eventully turned up on the tuesday.

It will now take five days to get back to howden, and atleast 3 days for it to be processed and checked.

This whole ebuyer mess has caused me to be delayed by ONE MONTH in total, including the returns, and i still havent recived the replacement.

To make things even worse, The item i ORDERED is now out of stock, and I have to choose a more expencive one!

Buying from ebuyer is a total pain, And i do not reccomend it to anyone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I ordered from them. The only way I could ship my order to an Irish address was to use Google Checkout. Was happy enough though as this went relatively smooth.

Delivery was 19.99gbp - shocking stuff! But I was happy to go with it as my order of 100gbp came to about 105eur .. which saved me a few euro.

They gave a very exact date for when the delivery would arrive. I didn't really expect this to be on time and it wasn't, it came the next day.

The enotes (support tickets) and their contact system via google checkout are slow to get responses. When I signed up first it took a week to get a response to my enote. Another has gone unanswered and to date 3 querys I had about my order via google checkout have gone unanswered.

Overall I guess I got what I expected and I shouldn't be complaining but it does seem very hard to comunicate with them. A bit like dealing with play - if it works it's great but don't ask questions ... that's not included :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I also had problems with them and will not be using them again. Parts ordered never turned up and it took literally 2 months to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

It's a discrase, I've been knocked back a whole month (so far!), and they have done nothing to make me happy as the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

I was going to buy a digital camera off ebuyer. When I tried registering it wouldn't accept my Irish phone number (UK only) so I had to imput a made up uk number. Then it wouldn't allow me input my address as it would only allow doing it automatically when I entered my postcode (again, only suitable for English address English). I was in the process of emailing them to see how this could be resolved but after reading the negative comments in this thread I think I will go elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I asked them previously
    Thank you for your contact with our Customer Support Team.

If you are a member of the republic of Ireland then you will come across
    some problems when trying to register an account with us as we require a
    full post code.In place of this post code, you will need to enter REP 123.

This will override our systems need for a post code and enable you to
    register with us as normal.

You may find you have problems with the phone number too, our site will
    only accept UK numbers, so if you add a digit or 2 to the end of your phone
    number then our system will accept it and we can always edit it on our
    internal system after you have registered.

Please be mindful that we can only accept UK registered cards and the first
    order can only be delivered to the billing address of the card you are
    using.

I hope this information helps, please contact us again if you require more
    information about registering or any other queries you may have.

Kind Regards,
    Thank you for your response.

Payment methods & information are available on the following page of the
    website;

http://static.ebuyer.com/customer/help/index.html?action=cGF5bWVudF9tZXRob2
    Rz

Kind Regards,
    Thank you for your response.

If you wish your first order to ship to any address other than your billing
    address, please select Google Checkout as your Payment type.

All Google orders will still however be subject to Google security checks.

Kind Regards,

This helped me when I got the response.

Based on my experience with ebuyer I would still use them again if the price was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Tried to order from them about a year ago when I was looking for a satnav. No matter how I tried to pay it was rejected. Eventually I just gave up and ordered from Dabs instead.

Registered again there last week with my Gmail account and registered for Google checkout. Placed my first order last night and received order confirmation and acceptance this morning. So Google checkout seems to be the way to go.

Fingers crossed I dont have the same experience as the OP.

Change of heart after reading some positive feedback. Just registered and bought my camera after going through google checkout (it was easy alright). I was saving a good bit with ebuyer so thought it worth the chance. Will let ye know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stevo11

OP.. sorry to hear you had trouble.. but have to say I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.
    Have bought several large items on their site, when registering just use any UK number and edit it later in your profile, then use REP123 as your postcode. A guide to registering for Irish delivery can be found in their forum.
    Yup, google checkout is the best way to pay them.
    Oh, and, the courier rang the day before delivery to organise a time for delivery.
    The prices were excellent too.

Happy to report I received my package this morning with everything I ordered. Guess I got lucky.

indenial wrote: »
    Happy to report I received my package this morning with everything I ordered. Guess I got lucky.

It has been proven that ebuyer are ok if there is nothing unforeseen with the delivery, But if there are any hickups, it's going to be very hard to get anything done. Your case really was just luck, I hope for your sake that the item does not give an ounce of trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

These people are a thundering disgrace...ordered a 1tb media player 2 weeks ago, never arrived. Opened a enote with them - no response. Rang their PREMIUM line on Monday - said that they would look into the matter & get back to me the following day via my email. Still no response.
    Rang them just there...11 mins waiting on their PREMIUM line &still waiting for someone to speak to.
    All I can say is AVOID ebuyer - they have Ryanair like customer service:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Have used eBuyer (and Ryanair) many times with absolutely no problems to give a flip side to the argument.

This telephone call (my 2nd call since Mon) eventually took 26 minutes(international rate + premium UK rate)...put on hold several times. Finally I was told that my order is a "missing consignment".
    Received no explanation for ignoring my enote or why they did not contact me yesterday (as promised).
    I will have to wait another 3 business days for my order which was placed on July 7 2009.
    :mad:
    Would not deal with these people again.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Have used eBuyer (and Ryanair) many times with absolutely no problems to give a flip side to the argument.

Just like Ryanair they are prob very good when things are going smoothly.

However once something goes wrong at their end, you are treated like SH*T. (Fact)

Currently in another dispute with eBuyer, a component in my computer has proven to be faulty (Graphics Card), I've contacted ebuyer about getting it fixed and they said they would collect it from my home address, 3 weeks later it still hasn't been collected, about 2 weeks ago I asked ebuyer why the parcel was not collected, they said that they would get in contact with UPS and come back to me, since then they haven't.

I opened another note with them, asking for a response, 4 days ago and it still has not been replied to.

the problems just keep mounting up with ebuyer, sure they may be a little bit cheaper than there competitors, but it really is not worth the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was reading up on them 2 or 3 years ago, on various review sites, and the general consensus then was that they were cheap but sh1t.

At least they're consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Kevin! wrote: »
    Currently in another dispute with eBuyer, .

After your previous experiences you still use them??:eek::eek:

Slightly cheaper prices come at a cost of utterly sh1te customer service - not just with ebuyer, but with nearly every supplier of products & services.

Personally I'd prefer to pay a little extra to have a stress free experience with companies

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My experience with eBuyer... absolutely terrible company to deal with!

Never again!

darc wrote: »
    After your previous experiences you still use them??:eek::eek:

Slightly cheaper prices come at a cost of utterly sh1te customer service - not just with ebuyer, but with nearly every supplier of products & services.

Personally I'd prefer to pay a little extra to have a stress free experience with companies

Nope, I haven't used them again, but the item I bought need's to be returned as it is faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

i ordered a rc airplane off them on saturday

and got it the next thursday

it was £16.99 for the plane and £9.99 for shipping

the delivery man asked for my signature and rang me several times to find the house

i bought the same plane for about 80 euros a couple of years ago in a model store in dublin

the exact same make and model

i got a good deal off ebuyer with no problems

opinions will vary but that was my experience and i am very happy

• Advertisement

i ordered a rc airplane off them on saturday

and got it the next thursday

it was £16.99 for the plane and £9.99 for shipping

the delivery man asked for my signature and rang me several times to find the house

i bought the same plane for about 80 euros a couple of years ago in a model store in dublin

the exact same make and model

i got a good deal off ebuyer with no problems

opinions will vary but that was my experience and i am very happy

I hope for your sake that the item is not faulty, and you don't have to go through the dispute process as that is where there a massive let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I orerdered this monitor http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161787 from ebuyer last Saturday. I signed up using my mobile number and postcode REP123. I used my Irish credit card to buy it ; not through google checkout or paypal, just the normal way. I had no problems. It went through security check and everything went fine. It was €191 delivered. Was told it would be delivered on Thursday.

Got a phone call from the courier from Limerick on the Thursday, telling me he had a package for me, and was going to deliver it on Friday.

He did, and it's working fine. I was really wary about ebuyer after reading the comments here, but I can't say anything bad about them. Maybe I was just one of the lucky ones. Or maybe they've cleaned up their act. Either way, I'm happy.

In fact, the only trouble I've ever had with buying over the net was with Pixmania, and Komplett. And at that, it was DHL's fault in Pixmania's case, not Pixmania themselves. Komplett however..............NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

Anyways, that's my experience with ebuyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I've delt with eBuyer twice.

The first time I was buying peripherals (keyboard, mouse + pad + headset) of over €200. The delivery came to about a tenner. I ordered it on a Monday, they said I would get it Thursday but I got it on Wedensday, the courier rang me to ask for general directions to my house, and I gave him the code to get into the gate. Very friendly courier, singed off for it and that was it!

Ordered a samsung spinpoint F3 hard drive from them about a week ago.. I ordered it on Wedensday, they said Monday.. and I got it Friday! He also didnt ask for directions this time, he just came to my door!

Amazing service by eBuyer, I would never hesitate to buy from them ever..

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

I read on Internet that people had problems with it but they all were old posts, the 2 above are the newest i could find and it seems that they have fixed the "buying from Ireland issue". Seems I will buy graphic card from them as they have much better selection than komplett and better or similar prices.

If I will I will let you know how it went

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

sorry for double post but any1 that will find this post might find it usefull.

I have created the account using REP 123 (u can use REP IRE as well) and I gave phone number of my friend from UK. Called them to change phone number (waqs not waiting at all just choosen the way I wanted to go and nice lady changed phone for me and disabled emails with promotions to be sent to my email)

I made order on Tuesday 11pm got confirmation that item was picked up (Wednesday morning) and will be delivered (on Monday). On Friday at 7:30 guy called me if there will be anyone to pick it up between 10:30 - 12:00. He brought it to my house 11:45.

Would recommend this over komplett as they have better selection of goods (PC components at least) and in many cases the price is slightly better.

Oh and delivery to Ireland is £7.50

Advertisement