Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin clubbing group

Options
  • 17-01-2009 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I'm sure there are some people in the same situation as myself. I love dance music, I love going to clubs and I love doing the whole "raving" thing.;) I get to do it very little however as my friends are all boring cyunts who'd rather just go to the very same pub every single weekend and get pissed.

If there are enough people interested I think it would be a great idea, if there was a group which went to see djs/to clubs/to dance events. I'm up for making it happen. We don't have to be going out and getting wrecked every weekend just once a month or so to start off. We can vote on where to go or take it in turns to pick or whatever.

So post here if you think you might be interested. Advice/ideas are welcome as well. I'm a 19 year old college student, but it doesn't matter what age you are as long as you have a passion for dance music.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I'd be fairly up for this myself, pretty much same boat as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Exact same here 1 or 2 of my friends are kinda into the stuff im into but most are into middle of the road stuff rock n pop. Great idea tbh

I was thinking this exact same thing.
    I'm not a music head, but I really like a good night out clubbing.
    My friends have become horribley settled.
    So count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DaMooseDog

Sounds like a great idea..... obviously everyone has different genre tastes, I mostly go to soul/funk/house/progressive gigs rather than trance or banging techno btw so please shout if you're in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Wow, great to see there is lots of interest! I have a broad enough music taste, I love gatecrasher style trance, some electro, some house, progressive stuff and I'm recently getting into drum and bass and breakbeat. But I like all kinds of dance music and I'd be happy to go to see any dj, its the whole "clubbing" experience that I'm in it for, otherwise I'd listen to mixes at home.

I'm sure we'll find a way to please everone as regards what djs we go to see. We could vote, take it in turns to pick, pull straws, rock, scissors, paper:) the options are endless.

We'd probably all have to agree to go to the odd gig that we might rather not go to, because at the end of the day its more fun with a group.

How about we all meet up in the pub or something next weekend and get to know each other a bit? And then we can talk about djs and stuff we wanna go to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DaMooseDog

dissscoo, one suggestion if you're into Drum and Bass.... Dj Marky's playin @ the Twisted Pepper on Fri, Feb 27th

Saw this guy two years ago at the Picnic, he's a brazilian drum and bass dj, absolutely amazing, imo the best thing at the whole festival that year

Some clips of him scratching.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_W0Dp0XnPo&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28_b3Yknx7k

And some tunage...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=64219152
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/result/all/dj%20marky

Where do you guys usually booze on in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

DaMooseDog wrote: »
    dissscoo, one suggestion if you're into Drum and Bass.... Dj Marky's playin @ the Twisted Pepper on Fri, Feb 27th

Saw this guy two years ago at the Picnic, he's a brazilian drum and bass dj, absolutely amazing, imo the best thing at the whole festival that year

Some clips of him scratching.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_W0Dp0XnPo&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28_b3Yknx7k

And some tunage...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=64219152
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/result/all/dj%20marky

Where do you guys usually booze on in town?
    Only been to twisted pepper once but it's a really nice spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 FilthyFriction!

Thats a great idea.I know so many people in the same boat.You see a cool dj is playing somewhere and all your mates just want to play poker instead of heading to a club.

Add me to the list if theres a group going somewhere and we're all meeting up illl do my best to be there.

Keep us posted on any plans.

Again great that there is so much interest. FilthyFriction by all means tell those people you know about this group, the more the merrier! What would be the best time that would suit everyone for a meet up?

I'm going to suggest this saturday afternoon around 5 ish? I don't care where, but a pub might be easiest.

Can everyone say if this time is ok, or say when the would be able to meet up and also offer suggestions for the location?

Or what might suit people better is sunday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

We should all get on a plane and head to Berlin for some Berghain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I would be able to get a mate interested in this as well should be good craic. Not sure what date suits me yet though, im sure we will find a time to suit everyone soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

right , I cant organise a pissup in a brewery but will defo jusmp on the bandwagon.

here's my first suggestion.

Bloody Beetroots in Feb (wed 11th) in the button factory, Its tectrics last party. reckon it should be a messy but enjoyable Granted its a school night but we can all sign one another's sick notes.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=44560813069&ref=mf

lets get ****ed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Im part of a little click,mates I met through love of the oldskool,but there be tests lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DJ Alex Black

Hi lads

I am dance music fan. I play it myself doing house & elektro gigs. Love to get away and dance for a few hours, because playing is like working.

So I am up for it. Is it Dublin that we are talking about? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

id be interested in this too (see my thread on going to see djs by yourself!) in the same boat as yourselves.all mates into the usual radiofriendly music played in regular nightclubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Great idea this a lot of my friends who i would have gone to gigs with have now left these shores for ever more and those left just want to go to bars playing the usual soulless pop crap which means I rarely get to see good dj's anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Anyone heading to The Underground tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DJ Alex Black

I do my own gig in Limerick this Sat. But looking forward to the weekend after

• Advertisement

Yes it is Dublin we are talking about. Perhaps once it gets going we could plan trips to other places for clubbing, maybe even a week in Ibiza at the end of summer?

I'm gonna send everyone who replied here a pm, I feel we should get this thing up and going before its forgotten about - you know how it is!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

Only saw this now, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Hey disso, U say ur into raving?

Just wondering, Ive never been to a proper rave and would love to hit one!! How do u hear about them, are they kept under wraps?? Any you other guys ever been at one?

Count me in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

It is a good idea to set up something like this. I'm in the same boat as many others in this thread as most of my mates are into chart music and going to places like Boomerangs.

The idea of grouping up together to go in and have a bit of a rave is a good idea.

Nappy, I don't think people are on about underground, illegal raves here. Just going to club nights and enjoying the music and getting mashed if your into that sort of thing.

I've sent you guys a pm, try to get back to me as soon as you're able so we can organise this meet-up. Looks like we're gonna have a small army for clubbing!

Nappy: We're actually talking about going to see djs and festivals/events, not actual "in the woods or abandoned warhouse" raves. Although I (and I'm sure I speak for many others) would love to go to one.
    I have heard that there are some up in the mountains from time to time, but that could be rumor. How you'd go about finding out about them I've no idea. England is the place for raves. Squatting laws mean lots and lots of free parties. Every musical taste catered for!

G-Child: Did your username come from a particular type of "alloy cleaner"? Ignore me if you don't know what I'm talking about!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Weird Scientist

Hey guys I promote a lot of gigs in Dublin on my own and with Tom from Hospital in Wax. I'm all for a bitta comraderie(if thats spelt right) in the dance music scene and allllways up for a session.
    If you get a group going I'll give discounts on any of our events in the future.

This Saturday we have Dusty Kid in Andrews Lane Theatre with some of our residents supporting. http://www.myspace.com/dustylittlekid
    DUSTY KID is one of the biggest dj's in Europe at the moment and we're expecting a proper crowd and some buzz.

Its €15 in but if you pm me with a list of names I'll let you in for €10 each and will work summit out in the future as we're thinking about a members thing anyway to try and save money and encourage loyalty etc between our nights.

Great idea and hope you follow it through. As I said just pm me a list of names and we'll sort u out..

oh and re the after hours warehouse parties etc we will be running our first one in February hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

oh and re the after hours warehouse parties etc we will be running our first one in February hopefully.
    Sounds good :D

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Sounds good :D

Cool Simona.

If any of ya'll wanna be kept up to date with what we're doing as well just mail theweirdscientist@gmail.com and we'll put you on our list regarding events of all legality :D

Our music policy is a WIDE range of tech house, electro, minimal techno and techno oh and with some breaks thrun in as well.

• Advertisement

After getting quite a few mails from you guys re the mailing list and going out etc, Simona are you still organising this?

Advertisement