Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin clubbing group

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'll join the mailing list now, I wasn't originally organising, this it was disssco. Hoping to go to James Zabiela this weekend, not sure if it's to everyones taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I'm organizing this Weird Scientist. I'm pretty sure I replied to your pm.

The "official" first meet up is going to be next Saturday the 7th of Feb, I'll send pms to everyone to let you all know. As for location I think the Bull and Castle pub near temple bar would be a good idea. If anyone has any better suggestions feel free to pm me, but so far everyone seems not to mind where we go. We can decide what club to hit after on the night.

The reason the meet up is next Saturday is that three people are unavailable this weekend.

For the people that can do this saturday (31st) I wouldn't mind heading to Andrew's Lane Theatre to see Dusty Kid, and Weird Scientist has kindly agreed to let us in for a tenner if we give him a list of names in advance. So if anyones interested send me a pm, I'm definitely up for it.

I wouldn't mind heading to James Zabiela in Tripod either, I'm sure Simona wouldn't mind a few of us tagging along. Its a little more expensive (25 quid) but after checking out some of his stuff he does seem to be very good.

And then like I said try to keep next Saturday (7th) free for the meet up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Good to see this is moving along. I won't be able to make the first few nights as I'm workin down the country at the moment, but when I'm back home I'll be keeping an eye out for any meet ups. Crackin idea really as there have been too many DJ gigs I've missed out on due to mates prefering to go to Boomerangs or Club M!!!

Fair play to Weird Scientist too for offering to help out with entry to his nights. He seems to be pretty active on getting nights organised and has some cracking acts coming up starting with Dusty Kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Weird Scientist

Hey guys,

Sorry Dissssco got (stoned)confused and mixed up who was doing what there :D
    Have added the names that people have mailed me independently to our mailing list and you will be informed of all future bashes of all sorts plus I may be able to work out a sweet deal with Tom from Hospital(Fridays in Wax) to include you guys so hopefully this is summit that can grow/take over world etc.

Good that your starting on the 7th but just let me know of anyone that wants in on a little Dusty Kid.

oh and keep from 3am till 1pm on the 14th Feb (Valentines night) open as we're hoping that will be the night of our first after hours shindig.

Hey guys,

Sorry Dissssco got (stoned)confused and mixed up who was doing what there :D
    Have added the names that people have mailed me independently to our mailing list and you will be informed of all future bashes of all sorts plus I may be able to work out a sweet deal with Tom from Hospital(Fridays in Wax) to include you guys so hopefully this is summit that can grow/take over world etc.

Good that your starting on the 7th but just let me know of anyone that wants in on a little Dusty Kid.

oh and keep from 3am till 1pm on the 14th Feb (Valentines night) open as we're hoping that will be the night of our first after hours shindig.

No worries mate!:) Cheers for the info and the offers, I've already marked 14th Feb in on my diary (yes I have a diary!)

Will let you know if theres a bit of a group for Dusty Kid, you can't argue with a tenner in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I think this clubbing group is a great idea. I would love to be involved in it. I have missed so many good nights out due to friends not been able to go out cos of babies, wifes, girlfriends etc.

Come to the meet up. The more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Many going to Dusty Kid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gillerz2009

Hi there!

It's been a while since i've posted on boards, so long in fact that I had to set up a new account cuz I forgot my username and password :-S

anyway Im in the same boat as a lot of you guys, missed out on so many festivals and gigs/club nights as none of my friends are into the music.

I live in the UK now actually, recently moved over but Im home (dublin) quite often so I would absolutely love to get involved. I'm actually home next week.

Dissco -can u send me a pm with details please when u get a chance?

looking forward to meeting everyone and to having some good nights out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

disssco wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind heading to James Zabiela in Tripod either, I'm sure Simona wouldn't mind a few of us tagging along. Its a little more expensive (25 quid) but after checking out some of his stuff he does seem to be very good.

Think this guy played last Friday.

• Advertisement

He did, and was whopper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Dusty Kid any use?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Only saw this thread now but great idea OP. I'm exactly the same I love going to see DJ's etc but 90% of my mates have zero interest. I'm sure there are loads in the exact same situation. I'm busy for the next few weeks but I'd happily help out if you want to kick this off...

Might be a good idea to start a facebook group...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Weird Scientist

Dusty Kid any use?

Was stomping over 400 in and Dusty was off the hook!
    Played loads of new stuff from his new album out in April and threw in one or two classics too.

IMG_0596.jpg

I didn't go to Dusty Kid, was too cabbaged.

Zascar wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to start a facebook group...

Good idea. I'll start a bebo page and post the link here if somebody else starts a facebook one. (I loathe facebook!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wow. I've been looking for a page like this forever. In the same boat as all, friends want Keoghs, Cafe en crap, etc. Heading to Digweed myself on Friday, hope to get to a party after. Valentines would be deadly, but I'll be down in Kerry. Sort out a linky/page for facebook yet? Bit long in the tooth for bebo, sorry!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Have set up a facebook page. A quick search of "Dublin Clubbing Group" should reveal it or else PM me an email addy and I'll add you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cipher_neo

Hey guys, if this group continues to exist i would like to create a social networking site specifically for this kind of thing. with its own name and signup etc.

we could have some really cool stuff in it like upload pics and have your own music profile and list the gigs you have been etc. I am a web developer and could get this going free of charge.

what do you guys think?

i have pm'd disssco about this and am awaiting a reply!

• Advertisement

Great idea.... I have some experience in this field too so if you'd like a hand give me a shout

That sounds class, would be good to keep it to the boards.ie group thought what you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

I'm in -Simona i think we are mates on bebo oddly enough already....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭RKDus

I'm in a similar position and would love to get into this group!:)

Simona1986 wrote: »
    That sounds class, would be good to keep it to the boards.ie group thought what you reckon?

No mate leave it open to all I'd say

What exactly are the benefits of keeping registration closed to boards users. We could get a nice little community going if we leave registration open.

It will allow a broader perspective and a whole diversity of music genres.

Zascar: Ye sure ill hit you up if we start to develop the site. Look forward to it.

Anybody got any ideas for the site (name/features etc)

Sean_K wrote: »
    Have set up a facebook page. A quick search of "Dublin Clubbing Group" should reveal it or else PM me an email addy and I'll add you.

Nice one mate. I'm gonna dig my old facebook account out and join. And I'll make a bebo page either today or tomorrow I promise!
    RKDus wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position and would love to get into this group!:)

Saturday! Come along Saturday!

cipher_neo wrote: »
    What exactly are the benefits of keeping registration closed to boards users. We could get a nice little community going if we leave registration open.

Anybody got any ideas for the site (name/features etc)

Great idea and offer man. I have to point out though (and I forgot to say this when I pm'd you, sorry) that there are lots of sites for dance music in Ireland dedicated to listing events. They also have forums where users can discuss various related topics.

I don't think another one of those would work, but I do think a community type of site would be a great idea.

Disssco: Yes i know there are sites out there for promotion but there are no sites for you to promote yourself as a clubber. Only forums really... nowhere for you to blog, list your favorite dj's venues etc. Places you have been.

The site could be dedicated to actually getting people to meet up and go out together instead of just talking about it in forums. I think there is room on the net for something like that. We may need a bit more flavor but i cant see no reason for not giving it a go!

Disssco: Yes i know there are sites out there for promotion but there are no sites for you to promote yourself as a clubber. Only forums really... nowhere for you to blog, list your favorite dj's venues etc. Places you have been.

The site could be dedicated to actually getting people to meet up and go out together instead of just talking about it in forums. I think there is room on the net for something like that. We may need a bit more flavor but i cant see no reason for not giving it a go!

I think so too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

IMO a whole site might be overkill for a small community. The facebook/bebo group pages provide pretty much all the flexibility that is needed with regard to events and stuff (along with the thread here).

If it expands too quickly, people wont get to know each other and any sense of community may be lost.

Advertisement