Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin clubbing group

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cipher_neo

Anyone else got any thoughts?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sean_K wrote: »
    If it expands too quickly, people wont get to know each other and any sense of community may be lost.

Might be an idea to make it invitation only at some stage. Keep the nackers out anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cipher_neo

Zascar wrote: »
    Might be an idea to make it invitation only at some stage. Keep the nackers out anyway ;)

Like the sound of that. Or maybe newbies are given a badge of "wannabe" until they show up on one of the nights and are "checked out" for authenticity hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Hey man, was just wondering what time Saturday?

So how are we gonna recognise other saterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Keeping it invite only would be the same as keeping it for boardsies really? I'm game with either, build up a few regulars or whatever before a laod of randomers join and remove any of the personal feeling to it or whatever.
    Flynndog yeah think we are alright, around ILT last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

cipher_neo wrote: »
    Like the sound of that. Or maybe newbies are given a badge of "wannabe" until they show up on one of the nights and are "checked out" for authenticity hehe

Good idea. Maybe there could be a section for new member introductions?..
    D wrote: »
    Hey man, was just wondering what time Saturday?

8pm! Upstairs in the Bull and Castle near Christchurch.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    So how are we gonna recognize other saterday?

Good question. I'll wear a pair of sunglasses on my head if it helps. I would wear my cowboy hat but I'd feel like a bit of a twat sitting there on my own until people start to arrive!

I sent my number to people in the last pm, so if you give that a ring there should be no problems finding the group. If anyone didn't get my number and wants it, send me a pm and I'll get it to you via pm asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Hey, I looked in on this last week.I can't believe its taken off so fast.I'll drop in for defo on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Wouldn mind going along Sat with my mate Dave who posted earlier in this thread, sounds like a bit of craic. If I can make it that is might go for a Surf at the weekend depending on the weather, which does not look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Sounds great. If we have enough Djs here, maybe we can organise Dj night. Show offs maybe, where we can get a place, bring friends, and have Dj sets. I know a few people that do it and works very well.

• Advertisement

disssco wrote: »
    Good idea. Maybe there could be a section for new member introductions?..

8pm! Upstairs in the Bull and Castle near Christchurch.

Good question. I'll wear a pair of sunglasses on my head if it helps. I would wear my cowboy hat but I'd feel like a bit of a twat sitting there on my own until people start to arrive!

I sent my number to people in the last pm, so if you give that a ring there should be no problems finding the group. If anyone didn't get my number and wants it, send me a pm and I'll get it to you via pm asap.

Is the Bull and castle likely to be busy at this time?

Maybe a few of us could meet around the door at 8? So the sitting alone thing doesn't happen?

Will probably be a bit later, can't afford to start drinking with pints so will have to polish of something else beforehand!

Is the Bull and castle likely to be busy at this time?

Maybe a few of us could meet around the door at 8? So the sitting alone thing doesn't happen?

Busy? Probably be busy enough but not jam packed I hope!

Yeah ok thats a good idea. Will you be there at 8 or be a bit late? I don't mind waiting at the door for a bit. I'll probably be there a bit before.

Busy? Probably be busy enough but not jam packed I hope!

Yeah ok thats a good idea. Will you be there at 8 or be a bit late? I don't mind waiting at the door for a bit. I'll probably be there a bit before.

My new years resolution is to be on time for things.

I have an assortment of cowboy hats if you want to go with that idea btw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I think we should have a secret hand shake to know who is who. :pac:

I have an assortment of cowboy hats if you want to go with that idea btw! :D

Ha ok I'll wear my matching cowboy pants and shirt.:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

cabla wrote: »
    Sounds great. If we have enough Djs here, maybe we can organise Dj night. Show offs maybe, where we can get a place, bring friends, and have Dj sets. I know a few people that do it and works very well.

It would be a good idea and there was a thread about this already but nothing really took off... Party because I'm lazy and did nothing. But if someone else wants to organise it and let me know I'd love to go!

Davei141 wrote: »
    I think we should have a secret hand shake to know who is who. :pac:

How about a password and a series of riddles aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭RKDus

How about a password and a series of riddles aswell?

A series of clues each more fiendish than the last?

I'd love to go tomorrow but can't make it, boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I think we may be on to something! "crouching tiger hidden clubber" *door open's*

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote: »
    I think we may be on to something! "crouching tiger hidden clubber" *door open's*

:D

On the starting our own night in the future would be cool but its a bit down the line id imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i cant make it tomorrow either, mates birthday i have to go to, but if it goes well let me know.

Heading to the Bull and castle now. See you guys in a bit!

Lol Where is everyone?

Behind You :p

Sorry I cant make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

hello everyone,
    just found this thread tonight, think its a brilliant idea and seemed to be very popular, im lucky enough to have a group of mates who love the dance scene but would be into joining yous for the crack to meet some new people and im extremely curious as to what happened tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

Lol Where is everyone?

Hey there, how did the night go? Hope it went well. Moonbaby and I were gonna go but we were shattered and thinking the weather mite be too bad then coming home.

We'll defo be keeping our eyes on boards looking for the next clubbing nite out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yea it was top, saw Henrik Schwarz in Twisted Pepper, was jammers.

Was just 4 of us that showed up in the end, only 2 from boards :P

Ended up in post-rugby celebrations so couldn't make it out either.

• Advertisement

It was a good night despite that there was only four of us!:) Never been to twisted pepper before, it was deadly, the sound system is great and so was whoever was playing (can't remember his name!)

Advertisement