Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin clubbing group

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ive already expressed my interest in this idea so if you can keep me posted that would be great.
    Just thought it would be great if we could somehow link this to a little project myself and a few lads have going. It's an online radio channel (with video:D) so if anyone has not logged onto the the kitchen sync please do so when you have the time. We need all the support we can get and thrust me it's a good laugh in the chat with the lads + great tunes what more could you want.
    Schedule
    If you don't like it Lever Brothers will give you your money back.

My sig has all the info you need, click on the picture to bring you to the site there are loads of sets up there as it is but try tune in for a Live one.
    Kitchen Sync

The chat function could be used to organize meet up's and spread the word. Disssco PM me if you like the idea or you have any ideas.

Cheers
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mixalot

Hi disssco, you should check out clubbersguideireland.com , they seem to have a great event list, and all the artists have videos attached so its very easy to make your choice for the weekend. Happy clubbing dude shout when your heading out next. i might join you guys. im a Dj myself so if theres an after party........

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Is this nite ever gonna be organised? I've been keeping an eye for months and nothing is happening.

Can we get our sh1t together please? :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah I was just thinking that myself.

A few of us might be heading to Len Faki in the button factory this friday if anyone else fancies it...

Apart from that we should definitely find oput what good gigs are coming up and just get it going. Even just a standard night in Kennedys or Twisted pepper would be great I'd say...

Anyone else?

Zascar wrote: »
    Yeah I was just thinking that myself.

A few of us might be heading to Len Faki in the button factory this friday if anyone else fancies it...

Apart from that we should definitely find oput what good gigs are coming up and just get it going. Even just a standard night in Kennedys or Twisted pepper would be great I'd say...

Anyone else?

Good stuff Zascar. Thats the spirit.

Just checked out Len Zaki's my space page and his music is pretty good so I'd be into that.

This Friday yeah ?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Heading into that myself. I'll be wearing the high vis boiler suit with glowsticks hanging out of everywhere - AND I MEAN - EVERYWHERE!

Not sure where we're having pre drinks but I imagine somewhere close by, possibley Morgans for anyone interested.

Jay D wrote: »
    Heading into that myself. I'll be wearing the high vis boiler suit with glowsticks hanging out of everywhere - AND I MEAN - EVERYWHERE!

Not sure where we're having pre drinks but I imagine somewhere close by, possibley Morgans for anyone interested.

Do you mean Morgans hotel in Temple Bar?

You won't miss me, I'll have my whistle around my neck.

Yeah that's the one. Is your whistle a big shiny pink one with flashing light chaser effect at the sides of it? Also will you have furry boots on?

Yeah that's the one. Is your whistle a big shiny pink one with flashing light chaser effect at the sides of it? Also will you have furry boots on?

Oh yes, my pink whistle and furry boots, i'll be looking good.

And I'll have my headphones on in the bar listening to Voodoo Ray :)

C'mon !!!!!

cool well if yiz are heading in pm me some details. Hitting the hay and see you all tm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sweet, anyone else game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭/\ NIGHTFLIGHT

If your going to Len Faki this friday, just say 'berghain' at the door and you'll get in for a tenner :D

I was thinking today was Fri until a v recent reality check :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Been out of the country for the last while but would definitely be up for a night on the tiles some time soon, I see there hasn't really been any action on this thread since myself disssco and a couple of other mates went out...just not tomorrow, need some time to recover.

I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to what's going on in Dublin, but open to suggestion.

Cool. Forgetting about tomorrow, lets try to get a proper meet up in the next few weeks and get as many people out as possible. Please let us know any suggestions for gigs coming up soon and we'll get something set in stone and make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Hey, i've just found your group and read through the entire thread! Its such a shame it never got off the ground yet, i would definitely be up for it!!
    I miss my club nights!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Reckon I'd get a special pass to get out for a night if I pushed hard enough - especially if there was a good techno night to tempt me out of retirement. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'll be in Dublin around the start of August for a a couple of weekends, if there is something happening then, I'll go. I too, miss my nights out.

Hey everyone, I was thinking about this last night. If its a clubbing group you want to foster, i have a suggestion:

A monthly meeting be set up where up-coming djs, events could be discussed & trips organised. It would be very low key, perhaps over a coffee in town or somthing. It would give everyone a chance to get to know each other, foster a club spirit in a non-threatening way. (i.e I think some people who might otherwise be v.interested, would feel very intermidated attending a late night event with complete strangers!).

Once the thing is up and running the monthly meeting would be a great place for new members to suss out the gang before arranging trips.

Just a suggestion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭francois

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Reckon I'd get a special pass to get out for a night if I pushed hard enough - especially if there was a good techno night to tempt me out of retirement. :pac:

Me too!

• Advertisement

Felixdhc wrote: »

ah Dave man be great if you could!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

That coffee idea sounds good. I am suffering from tinnitus and its getting worse but I still want to go clubbing. Lets organise something for August. I am not a born leader!

Hey Disssco, you proved you are a leader by setting this whole thing up! I read through the entire thread and there was so much interest and energy behind your idea, great job!

I just think maybe the group tried to run (or rave!) before it could walk! And then gave up too quickly!

I suggest the Dublin Clubbing Group meet on a monthly basis, perhaps 1st week of the month over a beer or coffee. Swap stories & memories, discuss upcoming events/djs and generally create a clubbing community feeling. You are completely correct, not everyone has a bunch of mates that have a passion for clubbing & dance music - and its much more fun in a safe, group environment.

It maybe a small group to begin with, but it will naturally progress as people become more confident with the concept and new members find us.

Good luck - keep at it! There are clearly many (me included) who would be very keen on joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mixalot

What about overniter in Wexford........
    I heard Clubbersguideireland are starting their Tour in the Music Factory
    it a savage venue iwas there a few times. These guys rock a massive Funky house set with a zest of electro ???? they are on the Saturday 25/7/09 any takers. think its only a tenner in. grab a b&b if you wana/can sleep.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

francois wrote: »
    Me too!

Have you not come out of retirement already, thought I saw you were playing at one (or more) of the oldskool nights?
    ah Dave man be great if you could!!

:D

Yeah I could do with a night out, been a while! Well, to a club, with music... and people. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Would also be up for it myself but with so much "division" :confused: in dance music thesedays how would be get a nite to cater for everyone, im very diverse when it comes to dance music there are only a small few genres im not into ill give anything a try once.:)

Well a few of us went out last night and had a great time! Holy **** Len Faki was fukking brilliant, check the other thread for the lowdown, but it was great to meet u all.

We definitely have to do this again guys - however meeting for a coffee??? Eh, I'd much rather take this time to go to a really good night - as as I personally so few of my mates are into any of this, that this is the main reason for doing it - meet new cool people and get to go to a really good gig you would not have got to otherwise!

I'd love to see a few of you lads come out of retirement haha - so just let us know what would be a good gig to go and we'll set it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BlueButterBean

Just came across this now, is it all just for fellas?:confused:

Ok was just a suggestion, a beer then! I just thought Disssco's idea was to create a clubbing community to make these nights happen on a regular basis!!

From someone who has just joined the thread, its coming across as random people posting out random nights out - this doesn't address concerns of music genre, safety, community-spirit etc etc. The whole idea surely is to attract new people who haven't got a natural network of clubbers to go with.

I'm glad you personally had a great night out, but just how many nights out has the Dublin Clubbing Group had in the last 6 months?

• Advertisement

"The Dublin Clubbing Group" doesn't exist apart from this thread mate! Last night was just a few of us from this board that know eachother from posting on here etc - decided to meet up and go to a gig - simple as that, and it was cool! Personally I'd be well on for doing it again, and putting a few faces the to usernames that I have known for many years on here.

If anyone wants to organise coffee/beers etc that would be cool too, get on it! I'll do my best to make it...

Advertisement