Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin clubbing group

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jay D wrote: »
    Playing in The Village
    what style did he play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

kinda late 90s trance, great night I really enjoyed it. I did wake up with my telly and light on and the blinds fully open.... The epicness of a fab night :D

:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I'm thiking of heading into Wax tomorrow night, friend of mine is playing and I really want to catch the gig... Anyone game?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys I'm thiking of heading into Wax tomorrow night, friend of mine is playing and I really want to catch the gig... Anyone game?

Mmmmm....yes I might consider this.

RKDus would you be interested??? (my clubbing buddy:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

Zascar wrote: »

Hi all, would like to join ze gang if that's ok. Usual story - nice friends but boring and settled. Can't stick it anymore and I'm a dance nut

Will keep an eye on here.

:cool:;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maggieJ

hey guys would love to join the group too...mad into my techno but friends not going to gigs anymore started to stay in at the weekend with their cans and currys :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

maggieJ wrote: »
    cans and currys :(

what a concoction

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I had a thai green currry and a corona tonight actually! But its ok cause I was out clubbing last night ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jay D wrote: »
    kinda late 90s trance, great night I really enjoyed it. I did wake up with my telly and light on and the blinds fully open.... The epicness of a fab night :D

:pac:

really:eek: anytime ive heard Tall Paul play it's been pumping uplifting house
    I did wake up with my telly and light on and the blinds fully open.... The epicness of a fab night

Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

jonny68 wrote: »
    really:eek: anytime ive heard Tall Paul play it's been pumping uplifting house

Nice one :D

would it be House as in the Sasha Xpander (actually trance) sense :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Going to see LEE CURTISS (Wolf + Lamb / Detroit) @ Pygmalion - Thurs 20th Aug if anybody is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Can i just say Acman that i reckon W + L are one of the most overrated labels of recent times. Seriously, have u ever listened to a Seth Troxler set? MUCK!

acman wrote: »
    Going to see LEE CURTISS (Wolf + Lamb / Detroit) @ Pygmalion - Thurs 20th Aug if anybody is interested!
    Clubbing on a School night! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Can i just say Acman that i reckon W + L are one of the most overrated labels of recent times. Seriously, have u ever listened to a Seth Troxler set? MUCK!

Lee Curtiss is playing on the night, not Seth Troxler :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

A couple of us will be heading to Nue 2 on Friday night in Kennedy's if anyone fancies it?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

If I'm not working Saturday morning I might tag along if thats ok?

Yeah no worries, Let me now an ill forward you on my number!

Maybe get a big pm circulating so everyone can swap numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gar965

Gar965 wrote: »
    Hey all I just came across this tread, sounds like a great idea. I go clubbing basically on my own nearly every week and like most of yourselves my mates are either into there rock/pop or pick up joints or just plain boring.

I'd be well up for hooking up for a good session and meet a few ppl that are like me. I'm into all kinds of must techno, drum n bass, house, trance, electro.

If I may suggest a good meetup would be the Musical Mystery Tour which is on Sept 19th in a secret location, 40 djs and only 20euros a ticket and they have camping too.

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/forum/26563/topic/view/

Hey Gar

That sounds like a great idea. I'd love to go to something like that actually. I'm not a great camper though. I wonder would there be some way of getting back to Dublin.

Good man though, very good idea !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gar965

Gar965 wrote: »
    I went last year and got a bus down and back after the gig. The camping thing is optional for people that are driving to the gig.

I'd say more than likely it will be same this year and they will put buses on at an extra cost. The thing about this gig is that every dj playing has to sell 30 tickets in order to play which I think is a great idea and would mean it will be a 1200 ppl capacity.

Oh yeah I remember hearing about that bus last year so thats great that it'll be available.

I know a few of the guys who are DJing actually but a couple of them aren't great but I still wouldn't mind seeing them to see what they are like now. Its all indoors is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Try keep that gig off boards lads, theres a reason why theres a private facebook page!

:rolleyes:

Have an oul edit there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGotAquestion

anyone heading Calvin Harris 6th Nov in The Academy??
    or,
    Boys Noize 2nd Oct in The Academy??

both only cost around the €30 mark!! :D

Trying to get a few mates to go but neither are really their cuppa tae!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Dudes!I'll be moving up to Dublin in 3 weeks
    Lets make a meet up group happen!
    I wanna rave I wanna rave!!!!:p:D
    My hometown's crap for it :mad: lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Maybe the thread title should be changed to 'Dublin Techno, Tech-House and Minimal Clubbing Group.'

Though I have always thought that 30 notes was pretty steep for a gig in a relatively small club. Such is Ireland.

Guys if you do not like a particular act, my I suggest keeping your opinions to yourself - there may be plenty of others who do like them and may want to discuss going to that gig. Your bitching just puts them off - and that is not what this thread is about.

^^Apologies^^

How many heading to the Boards meet up on Saturday at The Underground in Kennedy's?

Maybe a few pints before hand in a nearby pub maybe even Kennedy's for pure handiness.

Hey all, just another reminder that the Kitchen Sync gig is happening in Kennedy's this Saturday, perfect event for this group - loads of us going, please let us know if you are going to make an appearance too!
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055642501
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055641962

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 stephen112

if anyone's up for going to this: www.shakerdublin.com - PM me and I'll put you on the guestlist for Wednesdays in the Academy.

there's a mix on the site, gives you an idea what to expect - starts 9th September!

Advertisement