Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are the Chances?

Options
  • 17-01-2009 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Rain got into the drivers door of my car and seems to have buggered the central locking. It's funny though, the CL half works, the switch unlocks the car but won't lock anymore. I don't want to have to take the door apart trying to see what went wrong. I probably wouldn't know what to look for anyway.

If the door dries out as in hot air moving through it from the heating system, what are the chances of it working properly again?

I'm putting it down to water because the car was parked out in a particularly nasty rain storm a few days ago and the locking system hasn't worked properly since.

Riv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

did you check all the door seals before making this conclusion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

After I came back to the car the central locking switch was wet, it made a nice squidgy noise when pressed. It's since dried out a bit and has gone back to it's usual 'click' but doesnt' lock. It's a rocker switch, the other half of it still works fine. The rest of the electrics in the door are fine, mirors, window switches etc. Just this one damned switch that seems to have gotten soaked somehow.

Water does seem to get into the door and after very heavy rain it'll pool underneath the door sill and pour out when you open the car door. It's never been an issue before though.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just out of curiousity, it's not a VW Golf is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

Well what do you know, the central locking is working again. It must have dried itself out.

Nope it's not a vw golf :) Toyota Previa

Went to start the car as usual work, school runs etc and tried the central locking button for the laugh and hey presto it worked!

Riv

Advertisement