Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Everything' Filter For Main Page

Options
  • 17-01-2009 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Depending on how the private forums access is handled on the database it could be very tricky and be a bit of a burden on the database server to show posts from the private forums you have access to. It could be a piece of piss either, I have no idea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Speaking of which, EU shows up in my private forums.

I was previously banned from Politics.AC you had said something about clearing permissions or something fixed it for someone else.

I PM'd the mod who banned me, and explained the situation and linked her to the solution that AC had found but she was clueless.

Cult would you be able to fix this for me please?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

jmccrohan wrote: »

Cult would you be able to fix this for me please?

Done.

As AC says, it's actually rather difficult to do the way things work currently (and maintain performance).

You can set the subbed filter as the default filter in your UserCP under "Edit details" (at the bottom). Something of a compromise for the moment as any forum you subscribe to will show up there, regardless of private or "excluded" status.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

CuLT wrote: »
    You can set the subbed filter as the default filter in your UserCP under "Edit details" (at the bottom). Something of a compromise for the moment as any forum you subscribe to will show up there, regardless of private or "excluded" status.

The subbed filter seems to only show threads in the forums you are subscribed to. It doesn't seem to show threads you are subscribed to that aren't in a forum you are subscribed to (I hope that makes sense as it's the best I can do to describe it). Is there any way this can be introduced as the subbed filter is pretty much all I use?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The subbed filter seems to only show threads in the forums you are subscribed to. It doesn't seem to show threads you are subscribed to that aren't in a forum you are subscribed to (I hope that makes sense as it's the best I can do to describe it). Is there any way this can be introduced as the subbed filter is pretty much all I use?

So you want a single filter that combines UserCP and Subbed? That would be handy if not too much work.

javaboy wrote: »
    So you want a single filter that combines UserCP and Subbed? That would be handy if not too much work.

Exactly. This is what subbed.php used to do. I hope this combining of the two isn't what caused the database murdering that CuLT referred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Exactly. This is what subbed.php used to do. I hope this combining of the two isn't what caused the database murdering that CuLT referred to.

I wouldn't think so. Even running the two (presumably efficient) existing queries consecutively and collating the results wouldn't be that bad. I'd say subbed.php is far more inefficient than that for CuLT to call it database murdering.

javaboy wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so. Even running the two (presumably efficient) existing queries consecutively and collating the results wouldn't be that bad. I'd say subbed.php is far more inefficient than that for CuLT to call it database murdering.
    Well, that's what I'm hoping for. :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement