Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling Three!

• 17-01-2009 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I've heard numerous times there have been many upon many problems cancelling three, like them saying 'you never cancelled' and still charging.

So i emailed them this (email counts as written notification doesn't it?)

Hi,

I would like to inform you that I shall be cancelling my mobile broadband (pay monthly), as I no longer require your services. I came to this decision because I found your service very unreliable.

I signed my contract on 24th of January 2008.

As required this is officially my 30 days notice which you require for cancellation.

My Details are as follows:

Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can you please email me back with confirmation as soon as possible thank you. I shall be keeping this email as proof of my cancellation notice just in case any problems are to arise.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will this suffice??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

No, ring them on 1800944034(free phone number) and ask for the cancellations department, dont let them worm their way into a new contract/ free rental cos they'll make a bags of that too, once you get through to cancellations inform them you want to cancel, ask them for a ticket number(reference number for the call) and take a note of the reps name, sending an email like that will get you NOWHERE! at least if you ring, you can say I rang, spoke to x and my reference number is Y they can't continue billing you. They might ask that you forward on an email (I had to do it for a few customers) too but just resend the email you've posted above, best of luck is what I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    No, ring them on 1800944034(free phone number) and ask for the cancellations department, dont let them worm their way into a new contract/ free rental cos they'll make a bags of that too, once you get through to cancellations inform them you want to cancel, ask them for a ticket number(reference number for the call) and take a note of the reps name, sending an email like that will get you NOWHERE! at least if you ring, you can say I rang, spoke to x and my reference number is Y they can't continue billing you. They might ask that you forward on an email (I had to do it for a few customers) too but just resend the email you've posted above, best of luck is what I say!

Thanks a million man. I rang them anyway and gave my 30 days notice. It took like half an hour they just wouldn't except no for an answer. Firstly got offered 'free' upgrade of a new modem then 2 months free service. He wouldn't give me a ref number cause he said he didnt have one but i have his name. He said my next and final bill will show that i cancelled. So hopefully now im free from three and their crap service. Thanks again ur a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Put what you wrote above in a written letter and register post it too them. That will cover you. Then, after your final bill arrives, pay it, and cancel your direct debit, by writing to your bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ladd19 wrote: »
    Thanks a million man. I rang them anyway and gave my 30 days notice. It took like half an hour they just wouldn't except no for an answer. Firstly got offered 'free' upgrade of a new modem then 2 months free service. He wouldn't give me a ref number cause he said he didnt have one but i have his name. He said my next and final bill will show that i cancelled. So hopefully now im free from three and their crap service. Thanks again ur a legend.

No prob at all lad! I wouldn't bother sending the letter its just more cost to you-you've given your notice and you have the reps name, pay your final bill, nothing more nothing less and cancel your DD, should you get any further correspondance/bills(which I doubt as you did what I told you:rolleyes:) you can bin all of it. Keep an eye on it anyhow. Give me a PM if you need help again, Best of Luck with any other provider, they can only be better:D
    Ah-Watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Wantitnow

A good indicator as to whether or not they really have excepted your cancellation notice, is to check the online data usage link, because when you give them the 30 days notice of cancellation they reset your monthly 10GB counter to 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 -mark-

I cancelled my 3 today after a week of phone calls.
    I did it!!! I've never been so happy!! I'm freeee....free of their contract and their customer service....freeee of their Tech. support....freeee of their slow download speeds..... freeeeeeee from threeeeeee!!

Persistance is the key. Don't back down. They will use all kinds of techniques(free month subscription,tranferring you to numerous depts.,even asking you to bear with them till the coverage increases.....like thats gonna happen).
    Don't let them win,it's frustrating but mention the 'Sales and supply of goods Act' available on the net, and mention THEY are in breach of contract......and good luck.....you CAN do it, and if feels so good when you do....!!!

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

I too cancelled my Three last week (I hope) I'm heartened by the fact that I actually finally got my €50 deposit back from them (haven't cashed the cheque yet), and am assuming I have actually cancelled.

I must admit it was extremely difficult to get them to just process the termination. The support guy just kept badgering me, even after I had repeatedly told him, the service was naff, I didn't need it anymore because I have real bb now (well FWA which is close) and that I couldn't get a signal where I live anyway.

But hopefully I too am free at last :). My last line of defence will be to kill the direct debit once the last payment has been drawn, so they can whine all the like, but it's over....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ladd19 wrote: »

not giving you a reference number for your call is a bit suspicious and having the guys name means very little as they can deny anyone by that name took your call but it sounds like they gave in and allowed youh leave but as soon asa the last payment hits your bank account cancel the debit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Iv got a years contract with three broadband which is up in a couple of months. Will the account be closed if i choose not to renew the contract or will i have to go through the process above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

The contract auto-renews, as per their T&C, so you'll need to go through the process!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Unfortuneatly you have to give them 30 days notice, so I will have paid for 13 months of craptitude, because I was too much of a chicken to ring them and cancel in December :(.

They will also spend a considerable amount of time trying to convince you not to cancel (as if) and you also have to ring the cancellation department. (which mens you might be on hold for a long while, as surprisingly they can be really really busy). The process took me about an hour between having to wait and get transferred and answer the same lame questions over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Mlo wrote: »
    Unfortuneatly you have to give them 30 days notice, so I will have paid for 13 months of craptitude, because I was too much of a chicken to ring them and cancel in December :(.

They will also spend a considerable amount of time trying to convince you not to cancel (as if) and you also have to ring the cancellation department. (which mens you might be on hold for a long while, as surprisingly they can be really really busy). The process took me about an hour between having to wait and get transferred and answer the same lame questions over and over again.
    the cancelation department is just another phone in the call centre, they put you on hold and make you wait and wait in the hope you will get fed up and hang up and decide to ring later which many people would forget to do which means they get a few more days or weeks money from you!

Advertisement