Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Processor Help Please

Options
  • 17-01-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi peops,

I'm currently looking at purchasing an alienware m15x laptop (yes, I'm aware of all the build issues but still want one) and was wondering if anyone would give me some advice concerning the processor -

Basically my choice is between the Intel Core2Extreme X9000 2.8GHz & the Core2Duo T9500 2.6GHZ (both 6MB Cache 800MHz FSB). However the lower processor is around 350euros cheaper!

I'm basically looking for a typical gaming setup, music, movies plus occasional divx/xvid conversion. Which processor do you guys suggest I go for? Would there be a difference in heat creation between them, would there be a noticeable difference in overall general use, and would the lower processor offer greater longevity?

Also I'm stumped when it comes to choosing the right screen:

I don't want a blueray drive, normal res movies are all I watch, also take gaming into consideration - would the lower res stunt me in certain games? (the higher res screen is a further 140euros extra)

15.4" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD (720p)
    15.4" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD (1200p)

Thanks for listening, and thanks in advance for any help or advice offered ;)

JC

Advertisement