Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Enniskillen Avensis 1,9 TDI €19950

Options
  • 17-01-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Toyota Enniskillen have two signs advertising a Toyota Saloon and Corolla Hatch. The Saloon is €19,950 incl VRT, Tax, Delivery and related charges cleared onto the road.

Im talking about a never registered 2009. Here its from €25,565

Hey Irish dealers, who come a UK dealer can do this and still include VRT for €5,500 less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thought they were selling though for 22k, and there isn't a TDI Avensis:P The 2l D4d your after i'd say.

I'm sure you read this else where, but just incase. They're selling them off for half nothing due to the new model.

Edit: What's it like being carless:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

Berty wrote: »

Hey Irish dealers, who come a UK dealer can do this and still include VRT for €5,500 less?

That is a huge difference. Any Toyota dealers care to explain.

Also do you think salesman would they tell potential Avensis cutomers that a new model is coming out.

Nissan up North are doing it with the Qashqai, 20k Euro incl Vat VRT

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im not Carless Limerick-Man. I have a 98 Opel Astra 1.2 Petrol outside the door with Wolfrace 13" rims. What a load of sh*te that car is. The car cannot get to high revs before the gear oil pressure light comes on and I have to clutch or change gear or the power vanish's. Its a great car. It only has 74K miles on it which is not bad for an 11 year old car. Here she is:

They maybe be aware that they are going to have a high number of new shaped cars coming in soon but people are still buying the old shape as an 09 rather like the 2008 Audi A4 which the new one did not arrive until March. They still sold them in dealers at the same price without any discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Well on a similar note, you can get a brand new unregistered "old model" A6 diesel cheaper than a new model A4. They bring them down alright.

Edit: Nice car:D:pac:

Edit: Nice car:D:pac:

You should have seen it before I removed the moss and mould from it and gave it a good power hose. Some of the blue IRL came off the metal number plate also. Stupid Car :mad:

Getting my A4 back at 6pm tonight. Yeah! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Toyota Enniskillen have two signs advertising a Toyota Saloon and Corolla Hatch. The Saloon is €19,950 incl VRT, Tax, Delivery and related charges cleared onto the road.

Im talking about a never registered 2009. Here its from €25,565

Becasue Irish dealers have to pay Toyota Ireland more for the car then you can buy it up North, then they have to add in the own margins. With the fall of Sterling and UK VAT drop and our VAT increase it's made it nearly impossible for Irish dealers to match UK prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

That is a huge difference. Any Toyota dealers care to explain.

I reckon your question would be better asked to Toyota Ireland! Dealers in Ireland can't buy cars from the distributor at the same price as thier UK counterparts..

Del2005 wrote: »
    Becasue Irish dealers have to pay Toyota Ireland more for the car then you can buy it up North, then they have to add in the own margins. With the fall of Sterling and UK VAT drop and our VAT increase it's made it nearly impossible for Irish dealers to match UK prices.

Somebody needs to step up and save the vehicle network in this country. I still think abolition of the VRT for new cars bought IN IRELAND ONLY will save the dealers some what. It will crucify the used car market which is not doing too well right now but something needs to be done.

Later on the VRT on imports can be removed when the market is buoyant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Somebody needs to step up and save the vehicle network in this country. I still think abolition of the VRT for new cars bought IN IRELAND ONLY will save the dealers some what.

Goes against EU principles to penalise non Irish dealers (I suppose VRT kinda does too :D )

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Goes against EU principles to penalise non Irish dealers (I suppose VRT kinda does too :D )

If they Government were underhanded enough to find a way to bring in the VRT because a 2nd tax was against the law then Im sure they would have no scruples in blocking external imports from exemption whilst giving Irish dealers exemption.

Some solicitors will be paid €6m to come up with one sentence to get around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I still think abolition of the VRT for new cars bought IN IRELAND ONLY will save the dealers some what.

A tax on imports only however would be a clear violation of EU rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Toyota are desperate to offload all stock of the current model Avensis before they start selling the new model shortly, I guess Toyota UK are just more desperate :D

Advertisement