Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Librarianship Accreditation

Options
  • 17-01-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for thoughts/insights/general advice on the current & future job prospects for someone who gains the Librarianship Accreditation in UCD, namely by way of the BSocSc degree.

Whats the current job market like and what's your thoughts for the future?

(I'm a potential mature student by the way but as the above is universal to all I thought it more appropriate to post here)

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for any advice and info ;)

JC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hi,

Whats the current job market like and what's your thoughts for the future?

Tbh it doesn't matter what sector / profession you're in at the moment, the answer (at least in an irish context anyway) is a) terrible and b) maybe in a decade things might pick up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Wha..? A decade.. I'll be 40 by then. Ok, so do you think its a good move to head back to education or do you think people should stick out a sht job with no prospects and more than likely get let go in the coming months (I work in the banking sector - it's a foreign bank and it's slowly going down the drain..!)

:confused:

Advertisement