Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lens hoods - worth it?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I'm sure anyone with a bit of common sense would notice the difference between a post about lens hoods and a post saying "please keep it polite"

You would think that wouldn't you? Mods often here people winging that they didn't know it was a mod talking etc. *shrrugs*

Anywhome.. back on topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have been doing it a while.

Can we talk about Lens Hoods now .... Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Actually, aesthetically speaking, my favourite lens hood is the one from my 10-20. It's pretty and bumpy.

Much nicer than the zoom ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

The 14-24 has a permanent one.
    ce01b2211aeb49c0950a001e437f1c1e.jpg

I love the hood on the 24-70 while the 300mm without a hood attracts a lot of flare.

The 80-200 I am ambivilent about the hood and whether it offers anything other than protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have lens hoods for most of my gear and it gets used everytime they go on the camera. Simplest way to protect the front element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

:)

you could use a foldable packaway one!!!

I was up the Comeragh Mountain range the year before last and while climbing a particularly uneven outcrop the camera swung off my shoulder clattering into a big granit rock - was i ever glad i had the lens hood on it - the force actually caused it to fly off the lens, but no doubt it did it's job!
    and i think it's easier to have a hood on rather than trying to use your hand - obviously two hands on the camera is better. I do find them akward with polarising filters ok, but it's a matter of getting used to coping with them.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Right - this thread has run its course. Thanks to all the positive contributions.

OP - there is more than enough information on thread to assist your initial query. I'm sorry to close it but I think it is well and truly exhausted.

I'm sorry to anyone who has been upset by the sniping dialogue which was entered into. Some users should know better and previous warnings have been issued and will now be acted upon.

Should anyone be at a miss as to what is wrong then please review the respect sticky.

Warning - This thread is now closed. Should anyone reenter into such discussions on another thread then an immediate ban will apply as a direct result of ignoring this moderation warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement