Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second Hand Warranty - entitlements

Options
  • 17-01-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭

Got a '05 car in May last year & its still within its second-hand warranty.

I had the clutch replaced, under warranty due to a minor jitter that happened rarely. I also had the alignment done & two new front tyres due to blistering on the inside - I had to pay for one tyre due to the fact that its a consumable & they split the cost...

Now the new tyres are worn on the inside, the suspension has a squeak over big large ramps & I wonder if my problem is more than alignment...

The car has also developed a lunging/lurching in 1st, 2nd & sometimes 3rd - it is not severe - but noticeable. Makes travelling at low speeds a bit odd

I want to get it looked at but need to understand where I stand from a warranty point of view? The garage is a main dealer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Depending on the warranty, they won't cover anything that is wearable. Ie. shocks wouldn't be covered, which could be cause of your squeak.

Did you get engine and gearbox or a full warrenty. And also it could of been a months/miles basis, which ever comes first. Have you exceeded the mileage allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Did you get engine and gearbox or a full warrenty. And also it could of been a months/miles basis, which ever comes first. Have you exceeded the mileage allowed?

Its a one years parts warranty - no mileage limit as far as I know - but its unlikely I've exceeded any mileage restrictions. It doesn't include consumables.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What exactly does your warranty contract say?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Actually, OP, what are you actually asking?

Tracking on a car can be knocked out by a pot hole 5 mins after it's been done. I don't seem them covering that.

What car/engine is it?

Advertisement