Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External 160gb FAT32 HDD

• 17-01-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have an External 160gb FAT32 HDD with a certain amount of AVI files on. I AM connected to XBOX live, i HAVE all updates etc on xbox. However my XBOX wont show that i have a portable device connected to it. Any Ideas out there where i may be going wrong????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Is it a USB powered HDD? Some USB powered HDD have issues when the USB port does not supply enough power. If that's the case it can usually be solved with a dual USB adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 j0ker

i have a dual usb addapter on the end but alas still nothing. When connected to my XBOX i scroll along to videos on the XBOX dashboard but the Portable Device tab is greyed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you tried the USB port on the back of the machine? That might be powered as the transfer kit instructions insist that you must use the back port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 j0ker

Tried HDD in back USB port on XBOX still nada.

Advertisement