Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Centre Build

Options
  • 17-01-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the process of changing my PC into a media server. Well I have done so far with what I've got but I'm looking to change a few things around so that I can reduce noise and size of the build.

My case atm is a Silverstone TJ-07 and whlie it's great, it's just way too big for what I need now(will be up on Adverts soon). I was looking at this from Coolermaster and it seems like it's perfect. It has 6 HD bays which is the main thing as I intend on having quite a bit of storage in it.

The next step is noise reduction. While going for something like a P3/P4 would enable passive cooling for nice and cheap, I need a better cpu like the Core 2 Duo that I have now so that I can stream and encode HD videos. This will be pretty much all the PC will be used for so I was looking at this fanless PSU and heatsink. The PSU will have to power the mobo, cpu and 6 HDs, do you think it will be capable? Any thoughts on the build itself?

Advertisement